Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

AbFab Olympics Special

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 07 Jul 2012, 10:18

AbFab Olympics Special

Here's a preview: http://www.eatbloganddie.com/post/26533 ... al-preview

And we (finally) have a date! The special will be shown somewhere between Sunday the 21st and Friday the 27th of July. :dance:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Jul 2012, 15:20

Re: AbFab Olympics Special

Mara wrote:Here's a preview: http://www.eatbloganddie.com/post/26533 ... al-preview

And we (finally) have a date! The special will be shown somewhere between Sunday the 21st and Friday the 27th of July. :dance:

I can't wait. From what I saw in the preview, this episode must be hilarious! :dance:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Jul 2012, 15:04

Apparently we have an air date now: 23 July at 9.30 PM :dance:
Link

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 13 Jul 2012, 00:24

So soon! Shame for me that I'll return from my holiday on the 24th, so I can't watch it when it goes out (still, a week in France is not a bad excuse right?) :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Jul 2012, 06:29

Mara wrote:So soon! Shame for me that I'll return from my holiday on the 24th, so I can't watch it when it goes out (still, a week in France is not a bad excuse right?) :lol:

Well, at least you'll have something to looking forward too. And btw, I can't watch it "live" either, I'll have to wait until someone will upload it. So you're not alone :thumb:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 23 Jul 2012, 22:58

I really enjoyed it! The only thing I didn't like about this one was the repeating of classic lines. Yes they're funny but re-using them is a bit of an easy way out.

Luckily, Jen dropped the recycling thing halfway through the episode and came up with some brilliant quotes. Joanna, once again, stole this episode for me though - good old Pats.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 24 Jul 2012, 06:56

Mara wrote:I really enjoyed it! The only thing I didn't like about this one was the repeating of classic lines. Yes they're funny but re-using them is a bit of an easy way out.

Luckily, Jen dropped the recycling thing halfway through the episode and came up with some brilliant quotes. Joanna, once again, stole this episode for me though - good old Pats.

I couldn't agree with you more. I just loved Joanna as Patsy, she made the show for me. Even when she just sat in the background "acting" I was so distracted, I couldn't concentrate on Jennifer. Yes, a few quotes where just repeated but maybe it's good for the few viewers who haven't seen the show before :lmao: Anyway, I thought it was just brilliant, I had to laugh out so hard sometimes, I needed to watch myself (as I was watching the episode at work :whistle: )
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 24 Jul 2012, 08:49

Yes, the studio audience as a bit.. clueless weren't they? :whistle: Nobody laughed at Saffy's confusion over her daugther's name (Lola. Jane!) which had me in hysterics. Ah well..

Patsy and her Tena Ladies, poor thing :lolol:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 24 Jul 2012, 22:02

I thought it was pretty funny too, but not as good as the previous two specials. I found the Bo and Marshall bits a bit tedious and not all that funny, which is a shame, because I normally really love those characters. But other than that it was great. Saffy accidentally calling her daughter Lola was hilarious, and Bubble was as great as ever. All in all a great special :yes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 25 Jul 2012, 05:26

Mara wrote:Y
Patsy and her Tena Ladies, poor thing :lolol:

Oh yes, or the fact that she actually wasn't wearing anything under the dress... :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Jul 2012, 12:04

Jamie and Freya tweeted today that Edina and Patsy are going to carry the Olympic torch today!!!I found this:

Joanna Lumley
Carrying the Flame through: The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Carrying the Flame on: 26 July 2012 Age: 66 Hometown: London

How cool is this? :wub:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 26 Jul 2012, 13:08

LunaFive wrote:Jamie and Freya tweeted today that Edina and Patsy are going to carry the Olympic torch today!!!I found this:

Joanna Lumley
Carrying the Flame through: The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Carrying the Flame on: 26 July 2012 Age: 66 Hometown: London

How cool is this? :wub:

Awesome! :squee: Go Joanna! :dance:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Jul 2012, 17:06

Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Thanks to Jamie, who tweeted me the time of Joanna's run I was able to watch her and Jen (as Patsy and Eddie of course) doing their run, it was so cool! Joanna really rocks!!! :hearteyes:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 26 Jul 2012, 21:43

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Thanks to Jamie, who tweeted me the time of Joanna's run I was able to watch her and Jen (as Patsy and Eddie of course) doing their run, it was so cool! Joanna really rocks!!! :hearteyes:

I heard about it on the radio--it must have been great. ^^ Anyone have a video link?
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 26 Jul 2012, 21:56

Here's a genius post-torch relay interview with the ladies in-character. It's pretty hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... SMkeZBk7pk

I love Joanna getting a bit overwhelmed by the lovely "ginger pop" and staggering around in the background. :lmao: Also, I want Jennifer's/Eddy's shoes-badly. :hearteyes:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Jul 2012, 22:00

Oh god, I love how completely clueless Pats looked for most of the video. ''Do the running races!'' [blank stare]

I nearly died when she tried to drink straight from the bottle. Lesson one with gulping champers from a bottle: don't. Poor Jo. ''It sort of exploded!'' :lolol: Got to admire her acting skills though: she nearly lost it but somehow managed to stay in character. Fab.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jul 2012, 07:05

Thanks for the interview, that was really fun. I have to admit, I had to laugh out loud when Jo was drinking that champagne and exploded. It was just too funny. :lmao: Hah, did they really have to sign something that they wouldn't drink or smoke while having the 5 rings on them? :unsure:

I just wish the interview wouldn't have stopped the moment Jo began to laugh out, I think she has such a refreshing laugh, it's a shame to cut it.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Jul 2012, 11:54

LunaFive wrote:Hah, did they really have to sign something that they wouldn't drink or smoke while having the 5 rings on them? :unsure:

I really don't think Jennifer made that up actually. It'll probably have something to do with marketing and the fact that they don't want people to associate the Games with brands that haven't paid for it. Everything's about marketing and publicity nowadays. :roll:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Jul 2012, 13:25

Mara wrote:Oh god, I love how completely clueless Pats looked for most of the video. ''Do the running races!'' [blank stare]

I nearly died when she tried to drink straight from the bottle. Lesson one with gulping champers from a bottle: don't. Poor Jo. ''It sort of exploded!'' :lolol: Got to admire her acting skills though: she nearly lost it but somehow managed to stay in character. Fab.

I'm wondering if it actually went up her nose a bit, too--reminded me of Gareth at the end of K is for Kill. It's the best interview I've seen in awhile--you can tell by the end they're barely holding it together. :lmao:

LunaFive wrote:Hah, did they really have to sign something that they wouldn't drink or smoke while having the 5 rings on them? :unsure:

I agree with Maartje--they probably did have to sign something. They probably don't want people to associate the Games with drinking and smoking, but with clean living and fitness and the like. The way they looked at each other sort of implied an, "Oops, too late now," moment, though Jennifer did try to salvage it with "ginger pop." :lol: I don't think we have anything to worry about, though--I doubt the Olympic people are going to sue "Eddy" and "Patsy" for not following the rules. :wink:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Jul 2012, 23:40

Did you spot them in the opening video? I felt so proud for a moment :wink: Also, Jo got a nice little mention when the Nepalese athletes were welcomed into the stadion. They mentioned how she offered them a place to stay when they'd come over for the Olympics, and how the Nepalese hail her as a goddess.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 Jul 2012, 13:12

Mara wrote:Did you spot them in the opening video? I felt so proud for a moment :wink: Also, Jo got a nice little mention when the Nepalese athletes were welcomed into the stadion. They mentioned how she offered them a place to stay when they'd come over for the Olympics, and how the Nepalese hail her as a goddess.

:dance: I did see her in the video, but I missed the Nepal mention. I watch the Canadian coverage, and I suspect they didn't mention it.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 28 Jul 2012, 17:31

Haha well, obviously I was waiting for the Dutch 'team' so I had plenty of time to study the athletes from other countries. :lol: The Canadian team is huge!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 29 Jul 2012, 13:29

Mara wrote:Haha well, obviously I was waiting for the Dutch 'team' so I had plenty of time to study the athletes from other countries. :lol: The Canadian team is huge!

Yeah, there are a lot of us. :lol: We got a good cheer, which is always nice. :yes:

I was looking for the Dutch and German teams because of you guys, and I really liked both sets of outfits--Dutch with the orange and the lovely, friendly tulips in their lapels :grin: ; the Germans with the pink and blue jackets. So pretty! :hearteyes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Jul 2012, 18:36

Mara wrote:Did you spot them in the opening video? I felt so proud for a moment :wink: Also, Jo got a nice little mention when the Nepalese athletes were welcomed into the stadion. They mentioned how she offered them a place to stay when they'd come over for the Olympics, and how the Nepalese hail her as a goddess.

Jo was in the opening video? I have to admitt, I really hate those kind of ceremonies that's why I never watch them. So I missed it totally. Still, for me these ceremonies are pure torture, no way I could sit 3 hrs through such stuff. I hope I will be forgiven :wink:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 30 Jul 2012, 10:42

Haha yes, the Orange juice boxes - that's us! Did you spot our crown prince and his wife in the audience? :wink:

I'm not really much of a sports person either Britta, but the opening ceremony is always pretty impressive. I have to admit the first hour was a little boring, but the whole Bond meets Queen and musical variety was pretty amazing. :yes:
Next

Return to Absolutely Fabulous