Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

AbFab returns!

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Dec 2011, 12:09

Re: AbFab returns!

I got up at night to download it (am I obsessed, nooooo) and watch it and I totally agree with you, it was so good! Okay, I did not understand every word (Jennifer always speaks so fast) but I got the meaning and I shall watch it again in a few minutes. It was just hilarious!!! :lmao:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 26 Dec 2011, 12:13

I agree, Jennifer speaks very fast. It wasn't much of a problem for me but that's why my parents had a hard time understanding what was being said, too. Especially the ''hip speak'' hihi, the look on my father's face: priceless, haha. Going to watch it again in a few minutes, knowing the way Jennifer works, there's probably so much I didn't see the first time around.

Edit: ah, and did I mention Eddie and I have the same alarm clock? BlackBerry fans unite! :lol:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Dec 2011, 19:29

It was great, and very funny! I didn't get the whole Saffy thing though, that was weird. (No spoilers here!) And I also couldn't get over how older they looked (well not Jo and June!) A rewatch is in order too :)
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 27 Dec 2011, 00:18

They were totally sponsored by Apple though. iPhone/iPad/iMac overkill much? :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Dec 2011, 09:27

JackieO wrote:It was great, and very funny! I didn't get the whole Saffy thing though, that was weird. (No spoilers here!) And I also couldn't get over how older they looked (well not Jo and June!) A rewatch is in order too :)

Me neither, I didn't get it all. I'm just glad I'm not the only one :wink:
But I loved it and already re-watched it. And I will do so again :lmao:
I didn't think they looked that much older, Jo and June looked nearly the same, maybe Saffy and Sarah are the ones who grew a bit older.
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Dec 2011, 13:50

I've been watching a lot of Torchwood lately, in which Naoko Mori (Sarah) plays a very normal and quite loveable role, so it was so weird to see her as super weird Sarah again in AbFab. But I loved how they brought her back just for a bit :lol:

And I thought that they all looked amazing, especially June. It's almost impossible to believe that she's 86!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 27 Dec 2011, 16:09

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Doctor Who and Ab Fab in 2011. Perfect.
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Dec 2011, 18:32

It really was perfect, like they had never left :yes:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Dec 2011, 20:55

Philippa wrote:I've been watching a lot of Torchwood lately, in which Naoko Mori (Sarah) plays a very normal and quite loveable role, so it was so weird to see her as super weird Sarah again in AbFab. But I loved how they brought her back just for a bit :lol:

And I thought that they all looked amazing, especially June. It's almost impossible to believe that she's 86!

I remember when I watched Torchwood, I couldn't figure out why Tosh seemed so familiar, until I realised she was from AbFab. Nice to hear she's back, as Naoko hasn't been on TV much since she left Torchwood. I don't know about you, but Tosh was one of my favourite characters in the first two seasons of the show--everyone else hated her, but I thought she was brilliant. :hearteyes:
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Dec 2011, 21:12

People hated Tosh, seriously? I loved her too and I cried so hard when she died :cry:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Dec 2011, 23:44

Philippa wrote:People hated Tosh, seriously? I loved her too and I cried so hard when she died :cry:

Yes, alas--she was the least-liked character of the whole series. Everyone thought she was boring/pointless/annoying/whatever, and this was during season one, when Gwen was running around cheating on Rhys, and Owen's main character trait was "complete bastard" (Torchwood had a lot of--mostly justified--criticism for wonky characterisation in its first year. Thankfully they cleared it up in season 2). I remember reading it all the time in magazines and not understanding why everyone had it in for her--she was the sweetest, most genuine of the bunch. All she wanted was Owen to care about her. I cried so hard when she died, too. :cry: I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked her. :hug:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Dec 2011, 11:11

Philippa wrote:I've been watching a lot of Torchwood lately, in which Naoko Mori (Sarah) plays a very normal and quite loveable role, so it was so weird to see her as super weird Sarah again in AbFab. But I loved how they brought her back just for a bit :lol:

Schizofrenic Sarah haha. I was surprised the brought her character back to really, never thought Jen would. It made perfect sense though: Sarah was Saf's best friend before she went to prison.

And June, oh my.. How she manages to remain so lovely I don't know. I told my parents she was 86 and they just wouldn't believe me. What a lady. :wub:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Dec 2011, 19:59

Mara wrote:And June, oh my.. How she manages to remain so lovely I don't know. I told my parents she was 86 and they just wouldn't believe me. What a lady. :wub:

Is she really 86 already? Unbelievable. She's like Betty White, so vibrant and full of life, it's a joy to see them on TV.
<<

Philippa

Post 30 Dec 2011, 01:08

June is beginning to defy all laws of physics. She just doesn't age one bit!

<<

JoannaFan

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 01 Jan 2012, 07:25

I loved the new episodes! Joanna is so funny! Funnier than ever! June really looks youthful for her age! Nice to see Pats again and Eddy :lol:
I love the new jokes, I love them very much!
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Jan 2012, 16:15

YES! New ep tonight!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 01 Jan 2012, 23:46

Anyone seen it? All in all, I think it was better than Identity. But forgive me for saying this but I do think it lost part of its glance and originality. I used to laugh out hysterically at least 5 times each episode and I just don't anymore. I still grin like a maniac, but some of the jokes are just overused now.

I sound so bitter now which I really don't mean too - I absolutely enjoyed it and the bit with La Roux and Jane was fantastic. :hyper:
<<

Philippa

Post 02 Jan 2012, 00:01

Well of course over here the wind started blowing, which means our satellite dish didn't work properly so I couldn't watch AbFab :sad: (nor Sherlock, which was on before that). So I'll download it and watch it tomorrow..

<<

JoannaFan

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 02 Jan 2012, 07:05

I've seen it! It was so funny! I really enjoyed it! :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 02 Jan 2012, 13:03

Mara wrote:Anyone seen it? All in all, I think it was better than Identity. But forgive me for saying this but I do think it lost part of its glance and originality. I used to laugh out hysterically at least 5 times each episode and I just don't anymore. I still grin like a maniac, but some of the jokes are just overused now.

I sound so bitter now which I really don't mean too - I absolutely enjoyed it and the bit with La Roux and Jane was fantastic. :hyper:

Well, I liked the first episode better because mainly I don't know this Durand-woman at all... :confused: but I have to agree with you, the episodes are still funny but maybe not as much as the "old" ones. But maybe we're just expecting too much? I'm just glad they did them at all and there are still quite a few very funny scenes in it (at least for me).
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 02 Jan 2012, 13:37

I have a feeling that she's not real - that would explain a lot. :lol:

Maybe we're expecting too much, I don't know. Like I said, some of the jokes are overused. I've seen all the episodes way too many times so I wouldn't been able to tell if it's that obvious or not, but Jennifer does like to recycle jokes. (slapping Titicaca, the 'champagne for Lulu', baby Bunton, etc.)

I still find it highly amusing and the acting is fantastic - but the lines could have been more clever. :wink:
<<

green28

Target

Post 06 Jan 2012, 00:57

:hyper: its like they have never been away ,jane horrocks is just wonderful ,is three shows enough ,not for me its not :lmao:
hope its chips for tea
<<

Philippa

Post 06 Jan 2012, 01:29

According to This Is London, the BBC wants a new series of AbFab in 2013. Is that great news or what? :hyper: :squee:

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Jan 2012, 09:59

Philippa wrote:According to This Is London, the BBC wants a new series of AbFab in 2013. Is that great news or what? :hyper: :squee:

This is fantastic news, I'd say! :hyper:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 07 Jan 2012, 11:13

It is great news! I can't work out whether Jennifer wants another series or not though. I think she's hoping for a movie, which is not really surprising, considering the way the BBC treated her. With a news series of AbFab out she's suddenly the hottest thing, though they've hardly given her any screen time of the last few years.
PreviousNext

Return to Absolutely Fabulous