Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

AbFab returns!

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 08 Jan 2012, 19:57

Re: AbFab returns!

*double post*

Aaaand we have a release date! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Absolutely-Fabu ... 045&sr=1-1

Definitely pre-ordering this. :hyper:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Jan 2012, 12:09

*adds to wishlist* WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :squee:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Jan 2012, 18:13

Will definately pre-order. I only fear that we'll have to wait until August for the last special!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 16 Jan 2012, 10:50

Just heard an ad for AB FAB on t.v. Not sure if it's the new one, because step father had teletext on while ad was showing (teletext is a black screen that pops on the screen which gives news, weather, tele guides..etc)
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 16 Jan 2012, 16:19

Philippa wrote:According to This Is London, the BBC wants a new series of AbFab in 2013. Is that great news or what? :hyper: :squee:

Wow that is utterly fantastic news! :dance: How on Earth did I manage not to hear about this? :huh: It's embarrassing really when someone from Holland knows what's happening in your own back yard and you don't! :lolol:

However, I agree 100% with Mara. Let's presume for a moment that the above article is contains no speculation whatsoever -- does Jen want to do a series? It's all well and good knowing what BBC executives want, (and it's hardly surprising that they want to cash in on the success of the Ab Fab resurrection) but it all comes down to Jen. Now, don't get me wrong I would pee my pants in glee if it were announced that Ab Fab was to return for another series, but I'd much rather Jen not do it if she wasn't 100% on board. I think we all know her opinion on the current state of the BBC, especially when it comes to comedy. I just fear that under mounting pressure from the execs and fans alike she might cave in and say 'bugger it, give 'em what they want,' without her heart being truly in it. I'd much rather her do a film, OK it would be shorter, but she clearly wants to do it and she would have more creative control over the final product. What I'm trying to say is; I'm extremely excited but at the same time worried. Hollywood execs trashed one of my all time favourite films by turning it into a cash cow, I don't want the BBC bosses to do the same thing to my all time favourite series.

OK I should stop ranting now, this is all speculation after all. Nothing has been confirmed.

By the way, I loved the new episodes! Yes, they'd lost a touch of their original magic but considering it'd been seven years since the last episode aired I think they done a bloody marvellous job! It was the best thing that's been shown on the Beeb for a long time, for me anyway. :grin:
<<

Philippa

Post 19 Jan 2012, 11:56

I agree Helen. AbFab is Jen's baby, so if she's not 100% on board then I'd rather not see it happen. Not that I think they would ever be able to pull it off without her anyway, since Jen is the one who writes everything, but anyway. As much as I would like another series of AbFab, it would have to be done for the right reasons, because nothing could be worse than ending such a fantastic and epic series with a disappointment.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 21 Jan 2012, 04:29

Philippa wrote:I agree Helen. AbFab is Jen's baby, so if she's not 100% on board then I'd rather not see it happen. Not that I think they would ever be able to pull it off without her anyway, since Jen is the one who writes everything, but anyway. As much as I would like another series of AbFab, it would have to be done for the right reasons, because nothing could be worse than ending such a fantastic and epic series with a disappointment.

God no! There's no way on Earth that someone other than Jennifer would be able to even touch upon the level of brilliance that is her writing! My previous post turned into a bit of a rant, so without meaning to be in any way patronising I'd like to clarify that what I meant was that I hope, for the sake of Ab Fab, if Jennifer agrees to do another series it is because, and only because she wants to.

I think I understand Jennifer's character well enough to know with 99.99% certainty that she wouldn't do anything (in terms of writing) for anyone other than herself. But Jen is sort of, well, complex and unpredictable in terms of her decision making so you really don't know; that 0.01% of uncertainty sort of weighs more on the scale when it comes to Jen. I love her for all of this, don't get me wrong! For me, it's this which sets her apart from all the rest and makes her so utterly unique.

OK, I'm done digging this great big hole of mine, I think I'll go lie in it for a while. :d :zip:
<<

Philippa

Post 21 Jan 2012, 15:06

Oh I wasn't having a go at you or anything Helen, if that's what you're thinking. I completely agree with what you said, and everyone's allowed to have their say and voice their opinion, so get out of that hole and rant away :lol:

<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 22 Jan 2012, 00:07

I absolutely did not think for one second that you were having a go; you're far too nice for me to even contemplate something like that! No I just thought that you'd got the wrong end of the stick (which would've been entirely my own fault for not making my point clearer) but I see now that you hadn't at all. I was probably subconsciously aware of how disjointed my post was, and so a tad paranoid about it possibly being misconstrued -- hence why I was so keen to clarify/defend my post when you replied. Basically, I transform making a mountain out of a molehill into an art form! :lol:

Right, I've got the broom. Philippa, if you could just lift that corner of the rug up so I can sweep all this confusion under it, that'd be great! :yes:
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Feb 2012, 08:30

Just found these pictures on Tumblr. Not sure where they're from though :happy:

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Feb 2012, 09:47

Please don't mind me asking (and please don't laugh :lmao: ), who are these people? (not Jo and Jen of course), I can't make up the name of the blond on the left but I am totally lost on the other ones? :hypnose:
In the meantime Jen posted them on twitter as well :wink:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Feb 2012, 12:04

The pictures are ones Jennifer tweeted last night. Left to Jo are Stella McCartney (''Hi Stella!'') and Kate Moss (right?) I don't know who the guy next to Jennifer is.

I like your choice of words Britta: ''Who are all these people?'' ''I don't know!'' :lolol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 18 Feb 2012, 14:13

Yeah, Stella and Kate Moss, that's who I think they are, too--I haven't the foggiest idea who the guy is, either. Seems we're all baffled, Britta. :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Feb 2012, 16:18

At least you got 2 of them right! Stella, yes, now I recognize her! Thanks for helping me out here! :worship:
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Feb 2012, 20:08

Yeah I saw the tweets later today. I only spotted the pictures this morning and posted them very quickly before I had to head off to work.

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Feb 2012, 21:08

People on the Jen forum informed me he's a model, but nobody knows his name :lol: They're probably the pictures from behind the scens of the filming for Sport's Relief, I had no idea they're doing that as well. So much AbFab to look forward to!
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Feb 2012, 21:36

Yeah it's for Sport's Relief. Even more AbFab to look forward to :squee:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Feb 2012, 22:18

LunaFive wrote:At least you got 2 of them right! Stella, yes, now I recognize her! Thanks for helping me out here! :worship:

I probably wouldn't have spotted Kate so quickly if she hadn't been on the cover of the last Bryan Ferry album. :lol: Always happy to help, Britta. :hug:

Is the model guy maybe that Paul Scofur guy who was on the radar for dating Jennifer Aniston awhile back? I don't know a lot about the fashion industry as a whole--only the really big models are familiar to me, and then it's usually the women I recognise. I couldn't name one big male model. :blush:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Feb 2012, 23:47

Haha, same here Timeless. I know the woman but I have no clue about male models. Got to admit that he's cute, although he's looking a bit ''too smooth'' for me :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 Feb 2012, 09:16

Oh, I'm the same, I only know the Lagerfeld-model, Baptiste (If I spelled him correctly) because he is sooooo georgeous! :hearteyes: :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 24 Mar 2012, 00:01

Just seen the Sport Relief sketch - short, but quite brilliant. Had some really funny catch phrases (''and remember, Stella doesn't eat fur!'' on being a Veggie) Joanna bouncing on a yoga ball made my entire evening. :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 24 Mar 2012, 01:30

I've been hearing previews on Radio 2, and it did sound pretty funny--"Us 39ers have to stick together." Kate Moss sounded less than thrilled. :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 24 Mar 2012, 10:19

If anyone wants to see it, here's a Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMehYM8-Vg

There are outtakes and extras available on iTunes, but only to those who live in the UK. Won't rest until I've seen them though :whistle:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 24 Mar 2012, 13:13

Mara wrote:If anyone wants to see it, here's a Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMehYM8-Vg

There are outtakes and extras available on iTunes, but only to those who live in the UK. Won't rest until I've seen them though :whistle:

I shall save this for later. :grin:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 24 Mar 2012, 17:57

Mara wrote:If anyone wants to see it, here's a Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMehYM8-Vg

Is that all? I thought it would be more than 3 minutes... :cry:
PreviousNext

Return to Absolutely Fabulous