Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Absolutely Fabulous forum..

<<

Kim

Post 24 May 2010, 11:44

Absolutely Fabulous forum..

Hi all,

I just wanted to say a quick *hi* and tell you what an Absolutely Fabulous :grin: forum you've got going here for the beautiful Ms. Lumley.

As you can tell by my very bad joke, my knowledge of Joanna's work is limited. I've only seen her in The New Avengers, Sapphire and Steel (my all time favorite), Absolutely Fabulous, and James and the Giant Peach.

Any way, thanks to our lovely administrators for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing what other work of Joanna's that you all think I should check out. Can't get too much Joanna Lumley now, can I. :wave:

Kim
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 24 May 2010, 14:30

Re: Absolutely Fabulous forum..

Hi Kim, welcome to the forum! It's nice to have you here. Don't worry too much about not having seen Joanna in everything she's done over the years - we like to think of this little forum as a nice place to get to get to know more about her work!

:wave:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 24 May 2010, 15:51

Hi Kim! :wave: Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll learn lots more about the lovely Lumley as you go. But you've already seen TNA, which is a very good start (I'm a big New Avengers fan, in case you couldn't guess. :lol: ) Hope you have fun here. ^^
<<

Kim

Post 24 May 2010, 18:44

Thanks for the lovely welcome. I know many of you from The Avengers Fan Forum, so this is like meeting up with old friends in a new place.

I'm having fun looking around this site. Beautiful job you all are doing here.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 24 May 2010, 18:47

Kim wrote:I'm having fun looking around this site. Beautiful job you all are doing here.

Thanks! I see you've picked Sapphire and Steel as your favourite show - interesting pick, as you're a member of the Avengers forum. I think you're the first though! :thumb:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 24 May 2010, 18:55

Kim wrote:Thanks for the lovely welcome. I know many of you from The Avengers Fan Forum, so this is like meeting up with old friends in a new place.

I'm having fun looking around this site. Beautiful job you all are doing here.

Oh, nice, another Avengers Fan Forum member. Nice to have people on both boards. :grin:
<<

Kim

Post 24 May 2010, 19:41

Mara wrote:
Kim wrote:I'm having fun looking around this site. Beautiful job you all are doing here.

Thanks! I see you've picked Sapphire and Steel as your favourite show - interesting pick, as you're a member of the Avengers forum. I think you're the first though! :thumb:

LOL...don't tell them over at the other forum..Seriously though, for as short of a run as S&S had, it was absolutely brilliant. As for the favorite, I should clarify...It's my favorite Joanna Lumely series. As much as I loved her in The New Avengers, I absolutely adored her in S&S.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 24 May 2010, 20:01

Kim wrote:
Mara wrote:

LOL...don't tell them over at the other forum..Seriously though, for as short of a run as S&S had, it was absolutely brilliant. As for the favorite, I should clarify...It's my favorite Joanna Lumely series. As much as I loved her in The New Avengers, I absolutely adored her in S&S.

Your secret's safe with us. :lol:

I haven't watched S&S yet, though I have the whole series on DVD. I'm trying to go through and watch all the DVDs I haven't viewed yet before I buy more, so I hope to get to it eventually. :yes:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 24 May 2010, 20:09

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Your secret's safe with us. :lol:

Yeah well, except for the fact that guest can view this board. :whistle:

I must admit I haven't watch everything S&S either, but I intend to once I've finished my exams. I'm sure you'll enjoy other Joanna series as much though!
<<

Kim

Post 24 May 2010, 20:11

Oh you must give it a go. Leave yourself plenty of free time to watch it though. My son and I spent two days straight watching the dvds. You just can't stop. lol
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 24 May 2010, 20:18

Kim wrote:Oh you must give it a go. Leave yourself plenty of free time to watch it though. My son and I spent two days straight watching the dvds. You just can't stop. lol

I intend to. Just have to finish off some other series first. :grin:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 24 May 2010, 22:56

Hiiii Kim :wave:
So great that you've decided to join our little forum :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

lexxilee

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 25 May 2010, 00:02

hi,
I havent watched S & S either but found it on demonoid the other day, my youngest loved watching the new avengers with me so I think I'll start him on that next!
<<

Kim

Post 25 May 2010, 00:11

Philippa wrote:Hiiii Kim :wave:
So great that you've decided to join our little forum :grin:

Hi Phill!!! :wave: Glad to be here. :lol:
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 25 May 2010, 20:00

Hi Kim!
Must admit I always found S&S boring and stopped watching it after a few episodes cause it was too soporific. :sleepy:
<<

Kim

Post 25 May 2010, 21:15

Froggie wrote:Hi Kim!
Must admit I always found S&S boring and stopped watching it after a few episodes cause it was too soporific. :sleepy:

I can certainly understand why some people would think so. There were a couple of episodes that were not the greatest..I think what attracted me to it so much is that it was so Twilight Zone-ish and I LOVE my Twilight Zone. :grin:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 25 May 2010, 23:07

Welcome, Kim. Great to see you here!

:wave:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 May 2010, 13:07

Hi and welcome!
I have to admit, I haven't seen S&S yet but it's on the top of my to watch list, I already have the DVDs. Enjoy this forum and enjoy exploring Joanna's work!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 28 May 2010, 10:22

Heya Kim. :hug: :happy:

Return to Welcome