Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Alexis Bittar Photo Shoot January 2012 on VogueTV

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Feb 2012, 07:04

Re: Alexis Bittar Photo Shoot January 2012 on VogueTV

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Mara wrote:I do agree with you Becky, but I also think the others have a valid point. She looks healthy now - skinny, but healthy. She didn't last year. It must be because she's under a lot of pressure when she's performing in a play, it must be very stressful and I have no idea how she keeps up. My guess is that the smoking also takes it toll; if she'd quit, she'd certainly gain more weight.

It was when she was doing the play that I found it really worrying--I think the day-in-day-out schedule takes its toll on everyone after awhile. I noticed as soon as she finished, she started looking better again, not just weightwise, but better rested. That said, she seems to have fared better with The Lion in Winter. It might be that she sort of forgot how tough a play was, and took some measures to not get so stressed this time around. :yes:

Well, if she says she doesn't eat breakfast and nearly never lunch (I would be dead within a few weeks) and then have to perform every night for the Lion, I am sure it takes its toll. When I went there to see the play, she was always in a hurry (not just to get home but also in between the shows after the matinees), so I guess that's not helping either. I just hope that she might put on a bit of weight now after the play is over.

By the way, I don't think that all vegetarians are skinny, on the contrary. I know a lot who are even weightily because they eat more stuff like cream etc. to make their meals tasting better :wink:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Becky

Obsession

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Feb 2012, 10:15

Re: Alexis Bittar Photo Shoot January 2012 on VogueTV

She smokes as well. The majority of people I meet who smoke are also very thin or hardly eat. :)
Previous

Return to Absolutely Fabulous