Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Alexis Bittar Photo Shoot January 2012 on VogueTV

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jan 2012, 13:07

Alexis Bittar Photo Shoot January 2012 on VogueTV

Absolutely Fabulous
January 27, 2012

Edina Monsoon and Patsy Stone are the chicest, most stylish campaign stars of the season, striking a pose for New York jewellery label Alexis Bittar. Join the fashionable duo behind the scenes on the absolutely fabulous campaign shoot here.

Here you can watch the video of the shooting! :hearteyes:

And Olive is there, too :wink:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Jan 2012, 13:38

Re: Alexis Bittar Photo Shoot January 2012 on VogueTV

Haha, fabulous! Jo must have loved it, as she's always in for a bit of modelling. I can't wait to see the result: the UK Vogue is incredibly expensive over here but I'm sure it will be worth it. ^^
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jan 2012, 18:17

I wonder which magazine the photos will be in. It's the same here, if you're manage to get a copy of those magazines, they are VERY expensive.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jan 2012, 19:51

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I'm sure we'll be able to get the British Vogue magazine at Waterstones, so I'll definitely be buying that. Thanks for letting us know Britta :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 27 Jan 2012, 22:44

Haha that was great! Thank you for posting Britta! :hug:

I liked Jen's little dance, and how she got more and more uncertain about it as it progressed. :lol: Also, how cute is Olive? ^^ She must be a very well behaved dog, she didn't seem at all bothered by all the people/camera's etc. If I took my two to a photo shoot they'd go bonkers with excitement! Also, my King Charles is such a pig, she'll try to eat anything -- knowing my luck, probably the most expensive thing on set in this circumstance! :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Jan 2012, 22:53

I can't stop watching this video, what a marvelous idea to do a photo shoot in character. And yes, Olive made a little guest appearance - how cute. She might have felt at ease because both Jennifer as her daughter Freya were there (she's the blonde girl bringing in Olive near the end)

I'd given anything to be that guy at 0:49, anything I tell you. :brows:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 27 Jan 2012, 23:15

Why...why...why is Jennifer dancing with a banana? :lolol:

Joanna's clearly having a ball. I kept worrying that she was accidentally going to choke that poor guy with that bracelet, though. :lol:

Anyone know what the music they're playing in the background is? It sounded like some sort of funky Bowie/Pet Shop Boys/Talking Heads combo.
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 27 Jan 2012, 23:30

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Why...why...why is Jennifer dancing with a banana? :lolol:

Because it's peanut butter jelly time? :huh: :grin:

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Joanna's clearly having a ball. I kept worrying that she was accidentally going to choke that poor guy with that bracelet, though. :lol:

Anyone know what the music they're playing in the background is? It sounded like some sort of funky Bowie/Pet Shop Boys/Talking Heads combo.

The song is called 'Fashion is Danger' by Flight of the Conchords. Clickety-click! :thumb:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 28 Jan 2012, 11:31

Oh yah, thanks for that link! Sounds like a song they could have used for the Ashes To Ashes soundtrack: very 80s, I like. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 Jan 2012, 14:36

Mara wrote:Oh yah, thanks for that link! Sounds like a song they could have used for the Ashes To Ashes soundtrack: very 80s, I like. :wink:

It totally does--it sounds like something Bowie would have stuck on the same album as "Ashes to Ashes." (Well, the eighties was the time when he did "Fashion," which is what made me make the link). :wink: I love how all our brains work from the same pool of references. :lmao:

Thanks for telling us, Helen! :hug:
<<

Philippa

Post 28 Jan 2012, 15:32

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Mara wrote:Oh yah, thanks for that link! Sounds like a song they could have used for the Ashes To Ashes soundtrack: very 80s, I like. :wink:

It totally does--it sounds like something Bowie would have stuck on the same album as "Ashes to Ashes." (Well, the eighties was the time when he did "Fashion," which is what made me make the link). :wink: I love how all our brains work from the same pool of references. :lmao:

Synched brains, it's our contribution to fandom :lmao:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 28 Jan 2012, 18:07

Haha! Synched brains, I like that idea. A little scary too though :lol: *does Jennifer's banana dance*

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Joanna's clearly having a ball. I kept worrying that she was accidentally going to choke that poor guy with that bracelet, though. :lol:

Just had a closer look at the bracelets - surprised she didn't kill anyone with it. :lol:

Schermafbeelding 2012-01-28 om 18.10.57.png

You know I adore you Joanna but this? No.. :lol: (More pictures here: click)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 Jan 2012, 19:51

Philippa wrote:Synched brains, it's our contribution to fandom :lmao:

It's essentially what makes fandom what it is, isn't it? But normally it's only for one show. We have too much overlap between us, guys--eventually we're going to mind meld. :lmao:

Mara wrote:Haha! Synched brains, I like that idea. A little scary too though :lol: *does Jennifer's banana dance*

Just had a closer look at the bracelets - surprised she didn't kill anyone with it. :lol:

It'll get really scary when I'm actually able to see you doing said banana dance in my head. :lolol:

And those bracelets look lethal. If Purdey'd ever had a weapon, she could have used those. :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Jan 2012, 13:22

Thanks for the link to the other photos!

I just loved the video and Jennifer's banana dance was so funny - while Joanna managed to keep a serious face, I wonder how much discipline that must have taken :lmao:
I just hope we'll be able to catch the magazine somehow, I usually don't buy those magazines but for that I would make an exception.

and Olive must be a well behaved dog, I would like do dog-sit her one day (as the dog from my uncle I sometimes dog-sit is anything but well behaved) :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 15:58

LunaFive wrote:I just loved the video and Jennifer's banana dance was so funny - while Joanna managed to keep a serious face, I wonder how much discipline that must have taken :lmao:

Haha, yes. And correct me if I'm wrong but it's almost as if Jennifer is pulling a ''Darling look at me! Aren't I funny?'' face whilst glancing at Joanna. Like a child trying to get its mother's attention. Jo shall not be interrupted. :lol:

abfab.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 31 Jan 2012, 02:30

Mara wrote:Haha, yes. And correct me if I'm wrong but it's almost as if Jennifer is pulling a ''Darling look at me! Aren't I funny?'' face whilst glancing at Joanna. Like a child trying to get its mother's attention. Jo shall not be interrupted. :lol:

Haha! :lol: I interpreted it differently; more like Jen was getting more uncertain about the dance as it went on, and turned to Jo for reassurance. Any which way, one thing is certain -- Jo's focus is as solid as steel! :thumb:

Does anyone else reckon that Jo's in the middle of a "Thursday" in the above pic? :lol:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 31 Jan 2012, 08:50

Joanna has a killer figure. What woman would not want her flawless figure? :yep:. Especially at her age! I bet all over 60's women hate her :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 31 Jan 2012, 11:17

Heleno wrote:Does anyone else reckon that Jo's in the middle of a "Thursday" in the above pic? :lol:

Haha, yes! ''Thuuuuursday!'' And a look that says: ''There's nothing I won't do to make your life easier!'' :whistle:

Becky wrote:Joanna has a killer figure. What woman would not want her flawless figure? Especially at her age! I bet all over 60's women hate her :lol:

She looks fantastic, but it won't hurt if she'd put on a little more weight though...
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 31 Jan 2012, 11:43

Mara wrote:Haha, yes! ''Thuuuuursday!'' And a look that says: ''There's nothing I won't do to make your life easier!'' :whistle:

Haha, yes! Well remembered! :lmao:

Mara wrote:She looks fantastic, but it won't hurt if she'd put on a little more weight though...

Yes...she is a bit on the skinny side at the moment, isn't she? Of course, it's not my place to say whether she's fat or thin or whatever, just as long as she's healthy and happy, that's the main thing.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Jan 2012, 13:05

Heleno wrote:Yes...she is a bit on the skinny side at the moment, isn't she? Of course, it's not my place to say whether she's fat or thin or whatever, just as long as she's healthy and happy, that's the main thing.

I agree with you on both topics, I too, think that she could put on a bit more weight but at long as she's hapyy and hopefully healthy with it... ^^
<<

Philippa

Post 31 Jan 2012, 17:08

It was worse during La Bête on Broadway though. She was so skinny then that it actually scared me. Now she's just thin, but not as bad as back then.

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Jan 2012, 23:27

Philippa wrote:It was worse during La Bête on Broadway though. She was so skinny then that it actually scared me. Now she's just thin, but not as bad as back then.

Agreed--she was painfully thin for awhile there. I found it quite upsetting. :no: She does look better now, though having just done a play and the rounds for the new AbFab, she's probably under a lot of stress. I confess I do worry about her sometimes, if she's stretching herself thin with too many projects. But if she feels she can handle it, then more power to her. It's great that she's still so engaged with life. :yes:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 01 Feb 2012, 00:34

Hmm perhaps a little thin, but it is hard to say whether someone is 'unhealthy' based on figure. Some people just are thin and vegetarians are usually pretty thin anyway. Her weight does seem to go up and down in photos sometimes though. She looks better when she has a little more weight on in my opinion. I think Jo would take care of herself though :yes:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 01 Feb 2012, 00:46

I do agree with you Becky, but I also think the others have a valid point. She looks healthy now - skinny, but healthy. She didn't last year. It must be because she's under a lot of pressure when she's performing in a play, it must be very stressful and I have no idea how she keeps up. My guess is that the smoking also takes it toll; if she'd quit, she'd certainly gain more weight.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 01 Feb 2012, 00:50

Mara wrote:I do agree with you Becky, but I also think the others have a valid point. She looks healthy now - skinny, but healthy. She didn't last year. It must be because she's under a lot of pressure when she's performing in a play, it must be very stressful and I have no idea how she keeps up. My guess is that the smoking also takes it toll; if she'd quit, she'd certainly gain more weight.

It was when she was doing the play that I found it really worrying--I think the day-in-day-out schedule takes its toll on everyone after awhile. I noticed as soon as she finished, she started looking better again, not just weightwise, but better rested. That said, she seems to have fared better with The Lion in Winter. It might be that she sort of forgot how tough a play was, and took some measures to not get so stressed this time around. :yes:
Next

Return to Absolutely Fabulous