Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Anew: A TNA Site

<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Jun 2010, 08:47

Re: Anew: A TNA Site

Gareth seemed to be a really laid back kind of guy, so it must have been something major to upset him.

Thanks for the Gareth/Champions trivia.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 20 Jun 2010, 17:31

Avengerdan wrote:Gareth seemed to be a really laid back kind of guy, so it must have been something major to upset him.

Thanks for the Gareth/Champions trivia.

That's what I thought--Gareth didn't seem the sort to get upset easily, so Cricton must have really pushed his buttons. I don't know exactly what they were arguing about, but it must have gotten pretty heated. You can see what remains of Gareth's part on PURRR:

http://www.ping.be/~pvandew1/avengers/g ... ce1999.htm

I have loads of trivia floating around in my brain, and I'm always happy to share it when people are interested. Cheers! :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 20:19

Today's update is mainly Patrick focussed, but there's also a lovely TNA article about its production. Not really about Gareth, Joanna, etc., but the actual mechanics of making the series, which I found fascinating. Well worth a read. ^^
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 26 Jul 2010, 09:11

I don't comment much on your updates because I can never find them.

When I click on your link I go to the main page then I'm lost. I go to Updates but the latest entry seems to be "June 25, 2010: Articles from heaven". I know the new entries are signified with the 'NEW' icon but I can never find them. Sorry for being so thick. :blush:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Jul 2010, 01:45

Avengerdan wrote:I don't comment much on your updates because I can never find them.

When I click on your link I go to the main page then I'm lost. I go to Updates but the latest entry seems to be "June 25, 2010: Articles from heaven". I know the new entries are signified with the 'NEW' icon but I can never find them. Sorry for being so thick. :blush:

No, no, don't apologise, Dandy. Stuff like this is helpful because it lets me know how to improve the site. I'll just clarify a couple of things to make sure I understand the problem.

The site hasn't been updated since June 25 because I haven't really been in a position to, so you're not missing anything on that front. I try to indicate where the new stuff is in the updates and link to the relative portion of the site, but there are a lot of "new" icons floating around, simply because there sometimes isn't much time between updates and I don't want to get rid of the icons prematurely.

The site is made up of pages and subpages. The links at the top take you to pages that list the subpages. For example, a lot of the updates you're looking for are probably found under Archive >Articles and Interviews. Once you get to that page, you should be able to spot the little "new" icons if you scroll through. But maybe the site needs a redesign? It's hard to know how to put it together because I don't want to repeat absolutely everything about every article in the updates. Should the icons be easier to find? Should there be drop-down menus for each page listing the subpages? Or do I need a total redesign? I really want to make the site easy to navigate, but obviously there are a couple of problems, so any tips you can give me are much appreciated. :yes:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 15 Aug 2010, 00:32

Tiny little TNA update, just to show the site isn't dead. Don't have time for much else at the moment I'm afraid. :shock:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 15 Aug 2010, 10:07

Accessed these with no problems - thanks, Timeless. Nice to see (from the article) Pat has some Avengers photos on the wall of his study. The one at the bottom is one I've not seen before. The one of Pat and Diana on what looks like a beach at the bottom of the photo.

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 15 Aug 2010, 11:19

What a wonderful picture from your archives, thank you for posting that. It's nice to know he remembers the Avengers this way and seems to be rather fond of it, still. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Aug 2010, 14:03

How cool is that. I would never expected something like this in his study. Makes him even more likeable to me!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Aug 2010, 17:14

Love that picture of Patrick! So nice to see some Avengers on his wall :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Aug 2010, 20:13

How fab!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Aug 2010, 16:22

Avengerdan wrote:Accessed these with no problems - thanks, Timeless. Nice to see (from the article) Pat has some Avengers photos on the wall of his study. The one at the bottom is one I've not seen before. The one of Pat and Diana on what looks like a beach at the bottom of the photo.

That article was actually kindly donated to me along with a bunch of others, so I'm afraid it didn't come from my archives this time around. It's quite a few years old now, so I don't know if Patrick still has all that stuff up, though I dearly hope he does. ^^

I was going to do a whole spread on this piece, with a translation of the text and a little feature on where each of the photos are from, but I just don't have the time now. Some are from other Patrick projects. The beach one is fabulous--I was extra-happy to see it because I found that picture online and loved it, but there was some uncertainty about whether it was photoshopped or not, but this proves it's the genuine article, probably shot during The Town of No Return or something. Here it is:

Lovely, isn't it? :hearteyes:

Further zooming in also revealed that the picture above the beach one is a shot of Patrick, Gareth, and Joanna hanging out in some foreign country with the locals, I assume on a promo tour for TNA, but Joanna's hair is quite long so perhaps they went somewhere together? Anyway, it's a shot I'd really love to see a full-sized one of. (And yes, I had a pretty good inkling it was Gareth even when I looked at the tiny version without zooming in. I can spot him anywhere. :lmao: )
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Aug 2010, 16:29

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Further zooming in also revealed that the picture above the beach one is a shot of Patrick, Gareth, and Joanna hanging out in some foreign country with the locals, I assume on a promo tour for TNA, but Joanna's hair is quite long so perhaps they went somewhere together? Anyway, it's a shot I'd really love to see a full-sized one of. (And yes, I had a pretty good inkling it was Gareth even when I looked at the tiny version without zooming in. I can spot him anywhere. :lmao: )

Oh my, you are right - even I recognised him this time. :lol: How lovely to know that he used to have a picture of all three of them up and that they did stuff together when they were not at work. Surely Joanna must have made some great friends on that set all those years ago...
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Aug 2010, 16:35

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Further zooming in also revealed that the picture above the beach one is a shot of Patrick, Gareth, and Joanna hanging out in some foreign country with the locals, I assume on a promo tour for TNA, but Joanna's hair is quite long so perhaps they went somewhere together? Anyway, it's a shot I'd really love to see a full-sized one of. (And yes, I had a pretty good inkling it was Gareth even when I looked at the tiny version without zooming in. I can spot him anywhere. :lmao: )

Oh my, you are right - even I recognised him this time. :lol: How lovely to know that he used to have a picture of all three of them up and that they did stuff together when they were not at work. Surely Joanna must have made some great friends on that set all those years ago...

Yeah, I thought it was sweet he had a shot of the three of them, too. It probably was a promo tour for TNA (Patrick's dressed sort of Steedish, and he was usually more casual when he wasn't on business), but he must have had fond memories even if it was a working holiday. They all got on very well. I just love that it's a fresh shot. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Aug 2010, 16:37

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yeah, I thought it was sweet he had a shot of the three of them, too. It probably was a promo tour for TNA (Patrick's dressed sort of Steedish, and he was usually more casual when he wasn't on business), but he must have had fond memories even if it was a working holiday. They all got on very well. I just love that it's a fresh shot. ^^

Even though they might have been on a promo tour, I still can't quite forget the fact that Joanna referred to Patrick as one of the greatest friends she had ever had on This Is Your Life. You don't call just anybody that, and I wonder if they still keep in touch these days. I like to think so. ^^
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Aug 2010, 16:47

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yeah, I thought it was sweet he had a shot of the three of them, too. It probably was a promo tour for TNA (Patrick's dressed sort of Steedish, and he was usually more casual when he wasn't on business), but he must have had fond memories even if it was a working holiday. They all got on very well. I just love that it's a fresh shot. ^^

Even though they might have been on a promo tour, I still can't quite forget the fact that Joanna referred to Patrick as one of the greatest friends she had ever had on This Is Your Life. You don't call just anybody that, and I wonder if they still keep in touch these days. I like to think so. ^^

And she was just as close to Gareth, and they went out together just weeks before he died, so yes, I think she would still be in contact with Patrick. He's in the States now and can't travel, but I get the feeling she does a lot of correspondance, so maybe she writes him? They went through a lot on TNA, so it's no wonder she would feel that way about both her co-stars. ^^
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Aug 2010, 18:50

Oh, he cannot travel? Is he unwell? I'm sorry to hear that. You know, maybe she'll pay him a visit after the show ended in New York next year. You'll never know and I bet they both would like to meet again.
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Aug 2010, 19:22

LunaFive wrote:Oh, he cannot travel? Is he unwell? I'm sorry to hear that. You know, maybe she'll pay him a visit after the show ended in New York next year. You'll never know and I bet they both would like to meet again.

Well, he's 88, and he suffered a heart attack a couple of years back. He's doing better now, though, but still, I don't think he's travelled for years. I can't really blame him at his age. But hopefully he'll be around for awhile yet. :yes:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 17 Aug 2010, 20:08

I believe he's lived in a rest home since he lost his wife.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Aug 2010, 20:16

Avengerdan wrote:I believe he's lived in a rest home since he lost his wife.

Is he, or is he living with his kids now? Regardless, he's still here, and I hope that's the case for awhile yet (his mother lived well into her nineties, so I live in hope).

I actually have something else I picked up on ebay around the same time as those Joanna photos that I want to post on the site, but I need certain equipment to deal with it properly and what with the move and everything it hasn't been feasible, so it'll have to wait. And yet, but I want to tell people about it... :squee:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Aug 2010, 20:18

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I actually have something else I picked up on ebay around the same time as those Joanna photos that I want to post on the site, but I need certain equipment to deal with it properly and what with the move and everything it hasn't been feasible, so it'll have to wait. And yet, but I want to tell people about it... :squee:

Couldn't you just give us a little hint on your new, fabulous buy? You really do know how to get people curious, don't you? :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Aug 2010, 20:26

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I actually have something else I picked up on ebay around the same time as those Joanna photos that I want to post on the site, but I need certain equipment to deal with it properly and what with the move and everything it hasn't been feasible, so it'll have to wait. And yet, but I want to tell people about it... :squee:

Couldn't you just give us a little hint on your new, fabulous buy? You really do know how to get people curious, don't you? :lol:

I don't know whether to talk about it a little now, or wait until I can post it on the site properly and in full. Perhaps I'm the only one who'll be excited about it, but it was a piece I had no idea existed (and actually wouldn't have caught at all if I hadn't been on ebay.co.uk because you sent me that link about that TNA script, Maartje, so I have you to thank for finding it at all). It's just a fun little oddity, but I'm inordinately pleased about it. :grin:

Yes, I know how to tease. :wink:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 18 Aug 2010, 09:36

Tell us when you're ready. I love surprises!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Aug 2010, 10:00

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I don't know whether to talk about it a little now, or wait until I can post it on the site properly and in full. Perhaps I'm the only one who'll be excited about it, but it was a piece I had no idea existed (and actually wouldn't have caught at all if I hadn't been on ebay.co.uk because you sent me that link about that TNA script, Maartje, so I have you to thank for finding it at all). It's just a fun little oddity, but I'm inordinately pleased about it. :grin:

Happy to contribute, though I have no idea to what exactly. :lol: But if you're excited about it, I'm sure it must be something rare. Can't wait to see it!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Aug 2010, 18:05

Avengerdan wrote:Tell us when you're ready. I love surprises!

I'd tell you now, if you'd like, but I wouldn't be able to show you much more than a picture. The, uh, "content" needs a little elbow grease to extract. :whistle:

Maartje wrote:Happy to contribute, though I have no idea to what exactly. :lol: But if you're excited about it, I'm sure it must be something rare. Can't wait to see it!

It's those unintentional contributions that are the best. :wink: If I hadn't been on the different ebay, I would have missed it completely, because the seller was willing to ship to Canada but forgot to activate that part of the listing. Stuff that won't ship to your country won't pop up in the search listings, so it was a lucky fluke all the way around. :grin:

And yes, it's monstrously rare. I didn't even know it existed, and I've never seen another example of it. And I got it for only a few pounds, which was a bonus. Possibly because I'm one of the few people on the planet who would get quite this psyched about it, but like I'm going to complain. :lol:

Anyhow, I do have scans, so if you guys really want to see it, just ask. I don't mind previewing it. Whichever way you think would be funner is okay with me. :yes:
PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers