Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Anew: A TNA Site

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 18 Aug 2010, 18:25

Re: Anew: A TNA Site

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Anyhow, I do have scans, so if you guys really want to see it, just ask. I don't mind previewing it. Whichever way you think would be funner is okay with me. :yes:

I think posting a few screen caps with spoiler tags would be alright, at least for me they would. (hey, I can't help it - I'm just too curious for my own good) :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 18 Aug 2010, 18:46

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Anyhow, I do have scans, so if you guys really want to see it, just ask. I don't mind previewing it. Whichever way you think would be funner is okay with me. :yes:

I think posting a few screen caps with spoiler tags would be alright, at least for me they would. (hey, I can't help it - I'm just too curious for my own good) :lol:

Oh, yeah, I keep forgetting about the spoiler tags. Whadaya think? Should I go for it, just to put poor Maartje out of her misery? :lol:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 18 Aug 2010, 20:33

If you want to, Timeless. Go for it.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Aug 2010, 23:32

Avengerdan wrote:If you want to, Timeless. Go for it.

Perhaps tomorrow. I'm feeling too lazy/sick/tired/in the mood for PC-gaming to log into photobucket tonight. :tongue:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 19 Aug 2010, 01:38

I refuse to believe you are lazy. I have a degree in idleitis, so I should know ...
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 19 Aug 2010, 20:18

Avengerdan wrote:I refuse to believe you are lazy. I have a degree in idleitis, so I should know ...

Oh, I can whittle away time with the best of them--particularly when schoolwork is involved. :lol: But I do eventually have the need to do something after awhile, even if it's fun stuff. I can't even do marathon TV watching. :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 10 Jan 2011, 01:59

Just to show the site's not dead, I've posted a tiny update. It consists of one Gareth article (though my new scanner keeps making everything small, so I might have to fix it later), a link to my newest fic, and a link to Philippa's "Somewhere In Between" as part of my little TNA fic library. I hope you don't mind, Philippa. ^^

I need to redo the image galleries at some point, and later in the spring I hope to add a couple more things, but this will have to do for now.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Jan 2011, 11:48

^Funny coincidence, because I was browsing your website yesterday and then I thought that perhaps you would like to link my fic on there. So I don't mind at all, thanks ^^

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 10 Jan 2011, 18:14

Philippa wrote:^Funny coincidence, because I was browsing your website yesterday and then I thought that perhaps you would like to link my fic on there. So I don't mind at all, thanks ^^

Great minds... :thumb: Usually I would ask permission first, but I only had tiny window of time open up to do a proper update, so it was update now or never. If you hadn't wanted it up, I would have happily taken it down again. But I'm trying to make a little TNA fic library because TNA fic is so rare, so every addition I can find is good. I really enjoyed the story, so I hope a few other people will come across it now that it's on the site. ^^

Good to know people are browsing the site, too. I haven't updated it in awhile, and I don't know how many people are making use of it. I just do it because I've always wanted a proper website I could code myself and register with a proper domain name. But even one visitor makes me happy. :grin: Glad you're playing with it. :yes:
<<

Philippa

Post 10 Jan 2011, 20:11

I got a lot more readers and reviewers than I expected to get, which I'm really happy about. So if a couple more people get to read it through your website that would be great!

You're right, there's so little TNA fic out there, so I think putting all of it in one place is a very good idea :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 11 Jan 2011, 03:01

Philippa wrote:I got a lot more readers and reviewers than I expected to get, which I'm really happy about. So if a couple more people get to read it through your website that would be great!

You're right, there's so little TNA fic out there, so I think putting all of it in one place is a very good idea :grin:

Having it in with Spooks probably helped it reach a wider audience than it would have if you'd stuck in the Avengers section. But it'd be lovely if you picked up a couple of extra readers from the site, definitely. :yes:

TNA is still painfully underrepresented on the fic front, alas. Every little bit helps. Maybe if I put enough together, it'll inspire others to write some. Hey, I can dream. :lol:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 11 Jan 2011, 18:23

Great; I'll check it out later this week!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 Jan 2011, 02:49

JackieO wrote:Great; I'll check it out later this week!

Have fun. ^^
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 Feb 2011, 19:04

The tiniest of tiny updates (just those two pieces of fic I posted on ff.net), but it is the one-year anniversary of me launching my site today, so I'm giving myself an indulgent pat on the back. :hyper: I've always wanted to handcode my own website, so it's been really fun to be able to create and update it and actually have people browse it. So thanks for all the encouragement, guys. ^^
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 14 Feb 2011, 22:26

Congratultions on your first anniversary. On Valentine's Day too! :thumb:
<<

Philippa

Post 14 Feb 2011, 23:47

Wow it's been a year already? Time sure flies. Congrats! :squee:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 Feb 2011, 23:51

Avengerdan wrote:Congratultions on your first anniversary. On Valentine's Day too! :thumb:

Thank you! :grin: I shall have a piece of chocolate, even though I'm sick, to celebrate. :thumb:

Philippa wrote:Wow it's been a year already? Time sure flies. Congrats! :squee:

Yep, it's been a year. :yes: That went quick, didn't it? Thanks for the congrats. :hug:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 15 Feb 2011, 01:35

Sorry to read you're poorly, Timeless. Get better soon.

I couldn't resist spiriting away one of your Joanna black and whites from your photo gallery and adding some colour. Bwahahahahahaha! :lol:

Partial success. Trouble is, her hair at this stage was light brown/ash blonde and not the later more vibrant blonde. Because I've not got brown on my (very limited) palate it becomes a kind of ... green. :huh: Also because of the filter I give it to get the skin tone (trade secret!) it's taken away the blue of her eyes. Still, it was fun making it! :roll:

On the website I added tinted images as a distraction ... :confused:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Feb 2011, 06:37

Timeless A-Peel wrote:The tiniest of tiny updates (just those two pieces of fic I posted on ff.net), but it is the one-year anniversary of me launching my site today, so I'm giving myself an indulgent pat on the back. :hyper: I've always wanted to handcode my own website, so it's been really fun to be able to create and update it and actually have people browse it. So thanks for all the encouragement, guys. ^^

congratulations on your first year! you've done a great job so far :hug:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 15 Feb 2011, 06:45

Nice site. Maybe you should put a bit more on it?
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 16 Feb 2011, 00:26

Avengerdan wrote:Sorry to read you're poorly, Timeless. Get better soon.

I couldn't resist spiriting away one of your Joanna black and whites from your photo gallery and adding some colour. Bwahahahahahaha! :lol:

Partial success. Trouble is, her hair at this stage was light brown/ash blonde and not the later more vibrant blonde. Because I've not got brown on my (very limited) palate it becomes a kind of ... green. :huh: Also because of the filter I give it to get the skin tone (trade secret!) it's taken away the blue of her eyes. Still, it was fun making it! :roll:

On the website I added tinted images as a distraction ... :confused:

Thanks, Dandy. It's a really bad virus, but it hits me in spurts. I'm just waiting for the end of the week. :sick:

Love the image--feel free to nick as many photos from the gallery as you like. I have them as individual files, too, if you want--that way you don't get the little "Lightbox" logo in the corner. ^^

LunaFive wrote:congratulations on your first year! you've done a great job so far :hug:

Thank you, Britta. :hug:

Becky wrote:Nice site. Maybe you should put a bit more on it?

Thanks, Becky, but, erm, I'm not sure how much more content you want--I already have hundreds of items--articles, photos, videos, scripts, comics, and pieces of fiction, etc.--up on the site, so I think you may have missed something. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 05 Sep 2011, 15:33

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I don't know whether to talk about it a little now, or wait until I can post it on the site properly and in full. Perhaps I'm the only one who'll be excited about it, but it was a piece I had no idea existed (and actually wouldn't have caught at all if I hadn't been on ebay.co.uk because you sent me that link about that TNA script, Maartje, so I have you to thank for finding it at all). It's just a fun little oddity, but I'm inordinately pleased about it. :grin:

Happy to contribute, though I have no idea to what exactly. :lol: But if you're excited about it, I'm sure it must be something rare. Can't wait to see it!

Remember me tesing about this? It was about a year ago, which is sad, but alas that's how long it took for me to get the equipment I needed back to put things in motion. Finally, I don't have to tease anymore, and I can tell you guys about this great little rarity I picked up last year.

I have a Gareth record. A 45 single. Yes, you read that right--I have tracks of Gareth singing! :hyper:

I'm so serious. :cheer:

I've read a lot of articles on Gareth where he talked about singing and wanting to do music, but nothing ever seemed to come of it, so I figure there were no actual recordings. I'm very, very happy to be proved wrong. :grin:

There are two tracks on the single--one each side. And you know what? He sounds good. He's got a lovely voice and good range. I think both tracks are really lovely. But them I'm biased. Singing, acting, and stunts--what couldn't the man do? :hypnose:

Anyway, I've put together a little article about it, complete with pictures of the sleeve, and, of course, download links, so you can download and listen to the tracks yourself. I really hope everyone here enjoys them as much as I have. You can get them off the brand new music page:

http://avengersanew.com/garethmusic.html

Rock on. :thumb:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 27 Sep 2011, 15:28

One site you could add to your links page is my Joanna site. Link is in my signature. You don't have to add it if you don't want to. But I just thought I'd suggest it :D
I started it in may. I currently have 56 followers on it :D
I post videos of Jo and I sometimes find some rare photos and hard-to-find photos that no one has seen on here as well
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Sep 2011, 17:18

Becky wrote:One site you could add to your links page is my Joanna site. Link is in my signature. You don't have to add it if you don't want to. But I just thought I'd suggest it :D
I started it in may. I currently have 56 followers on it :D
I post videos of Jo and I sometimes find some rare photos and hard-to-find photos that no one has seen on here as well

I'll keep that in mind for an update, Becky. :yes: It may be awhile before it comes up, though, as I don't have much time for site updates just now.
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 27 Sep 2011, 20:33

Timeless, I've just noticed your post about the Gareth Hunt record. I had no idea about this recording at all. It's actually not a bad tune. It could certainly have given David Soul a run for it's money in the UK charts (who had a brief but sucessful pop career in 1976/77). What a great find.
PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers