Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Assignment 1 discussion [contains spoilers]

<<

AbFabLaur89

User avatar

Administrator

Posts: 240

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:00

Location: Canada

Post 12 Jan 2009, 07:27

Assignment 1 discussion [contains spoilers]

Here's the place to discuss Sapphire & Steel Assignment 1: Escape Through a Crack In Time!

Fire away! :party:
Image
No Room For Secrets
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Jan 2009, 10:12

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Oh man, long time since I watched this one.
Well it's a good start for the series. Rob sitting in the kitchen with all those clocks, that's freaky enough in itself. Why on earth would anyone have so many clocks? :lol:
And then all of a sudden they all stop! When you write it down it doesn't sound like much but when you watch it it's actually kinda freaky.
From the moment Sapphire & Steel enter the house, you can clearly make out their completely different personalities and their different approach to the situation. Steel wants to handle this thing coldly (hence the name Steel I guess :P) and business-like, and completely forgets that there are children involved. Sapphire on the other hand goes for a more subtle approach, and the children really trust her.
The way they incorporate the nursery rhymes is very unique, and I really like it. At the same time it's quite freaky though (I believe Tilda was pretty freaked out by it :lol: )
And when Sapphire disappears into that painting, OMG that was really scary!
I really need to watch it to refresh my memory, before I can write more about it.
But all in all a great assignment, one of my favourites, and a great start of a great series :grin: :wub:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

AbFabLaur89

User avatar

Administrator

Posts: 240

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:00

Location: Canada

Post 13 Jan 2009, 06:59

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Great review of the assignment Philster!! :party: I haven't watched it in ages myself hahaha!! Yeah, I remember being genuinely freaked out during SO many parts of that assigment! I think it was partly because it was the first S&S I'd ever watched and therefore wasn't sure what to expect, but also partly because I think it was one of the freakiest of all of the assignments. Rob seemed almost to be in a trance sometimes, didn't he? Like he would just sort of walk off silently with that glint in his eye when he wanted to get away from Steel and do his own investigating. But yeah, you're totally right about Sapphire & Steel's different approaches to their work - ones that remain throughout the entire series, in fact! Steel always wants to get right to the bottom of things as quickly as possible, without really thinking them through thoroughly enough beforehand. Sapphire is always very patient and thoughtful and tends to get them out of many sticky situations with her more at-ease stlye of working. I know this may sound wierd, but I actually enjoy watching scenes where Sapphire is frightened or vulnerable, like the one in this assignment when she was trapped in the painting. I suppose it's because it makes her seem more human (though she's always more human than Steel haha) and it also gives Steel the oppurtunity to slip into the hero role :friends: heheh

It was very interesting when Lead showed up during this assignment. He brought a whole new dimension (pun partially intended lol) to the story and to the relationship between Sapphire and Steel which was very interesting and I liked it. It's been too long since I watched it for me to remember what his power was (super-strength maybe?), but I just remember thinking it was really cool.

Absolutely terrifying concept in this assignment - two parents vanishing into thin air on a night like any other, after tucking their daughter into bed. It reminded me a lot of the old movie Poltergeist, where a spirit took over a house and took one of the family's children and was holding her captive in another dimension..very sinister stuff. But then, that's what Sapphire & Steel are sent to take care of, right?! :angel:

I too will report back after I've had a chance to re-watch this riveting assignment and we can really get an active discussion going!
Image
No Room For Secrets
<<

jo4me2468

User avatar

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Posts: 12

Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 00:57

Location: La La Land USA

Post 27 Mar 2009, 22:21

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Okay i was watching Sapphire and Steel assignment one in sections on Youtube( didn't know about the media yet) and I was sort of enjoying the old school look and the interesting clock stopping and then I watched the second section of the first assignment and I got totally freaked out and spooked...when Joanna was reading the rhyme forward and backwards and all the stuff was happening! I was at work and I literally had to get up and walk it out before I could go back and watch more...totally fun old twilight zone-ese! I am still only half way thru but enjoying it a lot! Fun!!! :claps:
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Mar 2009, 22:26

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Ahaha don't worry, you're not the only one who gets freaked out by it. I happened to me as well.
I left my dvd box in France with my parents, which sucks, but as it turns out I accidentally put assignment 2 in the wrong dvd box so I've got that right here with me. I might watch it later. I'm on a Joanna loop as it is so a few extra things won't hurt :great:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Apr 2010, 14:32

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Watching Assignment 1 on YT now- so so freaky! I think I'll have to watch more to get to understand the series, you can see why it was groundbreaking and popular at the time.
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 26 Apr 2010, 17:39

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Laura wrote:Watching Assignment 1 on YT now- so so freaky! I think I'll have to watch more to get to understand the series, you can see why it was groundbreaking and popular at the time.


I so have to start watching my box set one of these days. I think the freakiness is what keeps stopping me! :lmao: (Mind you, it can't be more disturbing than the Randall and Hopkirk remake I'm watching now). I know what PJ Hammond can do, though--I've seen his episodes of Torchwood--that fairy episode still freaks me out. :hypnose:
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Apr 2010, 18:02

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I've not watched any of his work before, so its a new experience for me! Finished the ep now, it was really good, but I won't look at chunks of light the same ever again!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 26 Apr 2010, 18:05

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Laura wrote:I've not watched any of his work before, so its a new experience for me! Finished the ep now, it was really good, but I won't look at chunks of light the same ever again!


He's best known for creepy/supernatural stuff, but he's done straight drama (The Sweeney, etc.) too. Sapphire and Steel is his best known, though, and the reason they roped him in to write two episodes of Torchwood, possibly the two creepiest I've ever seen in that series. He traumatised a lot of kids in the seventies, let's put it that way. And people wonder why I'm reluctant to watch it. :lol:
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Apr 2010, 18:09

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Hahah! Torchwood, also made in Wales! I've seen snippets, but never full episodes.
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 26 Apr 2010, 18:12

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Laura wrote:Hahah! Torchwood, also made in Wales! I've seen snippets, but never full episodes.


Yeah, thanks to RTD everything's in Cardiff. :lol: I have to say I like it--hardly anything ever gets set in Wales, so it's fun to see it used as a backdrop instead of London for a change. I'm about on the same level of interest with Torchwood as Doctor Who, but when you watch the PJ Hammond stories, you can see it's generally the same flavour as Sapphire and Steel. As I said, he only did two, but they're both skin-crawlers.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 01 Jun 2010, 17:30

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Last night I saw my first-ever episode of Sapphire and Steel.

I've seen clips before, obviously, and read about it on more than one occasion. Joanna discusses it in her biography extensively, and it's pretty hard not to be a fan of cult TV without coming across it. S&S is one of those landmark series that everyone references and talks about, partly because of its inherent ambiguity--even PJ Hammond admits that he didn't know what was going on or who S&S were, and he wrote and created the darn thing! :lol: It's kind of like The Prisoner in that sense--one of those shows that people are still talking about and trying to figure out years later, and you should really watch, even if only so you understand what people are talking about when they make comparisons to it. That's part of the reason I picked up the complete DVD set when I found it in the bargain bin with a few other series almost two years ago. And yet, I haven't popped a disc in until now. Why not?

Well, partly because there were other series I wanted to watch more, so I ended up watching them instead, but frankly, I was terrified. :lol: I'm not afraid to admit it--there are stories all over about people who remember being absolutely traumatised by S&S back in the day. I'm not hugely into my sci-fi tinged with horror. On top of that, I've seen PJ's episodes of Torchwood. The one in the movie theatre was pretty freaky, but it was nothing compared to the fairy one. That one's just twisted on so many levels, you can't do much else than gape at the screen with your mouth hanging open. The conclusion is brave, unexpected, and morally ambiguous. But the worse bit is the rose petals. Rose petals--funny when being eaten by Peter Wyngarde as Jason King, nausea-inducing when they're spilling out of people's mouths. :shock:

So, yeah, I've sort of been putting it off, but I finally ran through all the other DVDs in my collection that I hadn't watched, and as I promised myself I wouldn't buy more until I'd watched everything I had, that left S&S. So having run out of Hugh Laurie and his mid-life crisis, I cracked open the set last night and started Assignment
1.

And I have to say, I really enjoyed it. I watched three episodes in total, even though I only planned on two, because the darn cliffhanger at the end of two drew me in and made me not want to wait. The first episode was a bit slow, basically setting up the premise, but once it got going it was really enjoyable. I even warmed to Steel pretty fast, despite the fact that he seemed like he was going to be one of those arrogant jerk characters that was going to grate on me all the way through. Joanna somehow manages to be both cold and disrant and warm and maternal at the same time, very much like a gem, I suppose. Loved her magical wardrobe changes, though I feel for her having to wear those contact lenses. TNA did a lot of things to its actors, but it never stuck anything in their eyes. I'm waiting for those whole eye contacts that they left in for lunch, leaving Joanna blind and stuck in the studio. She's wearing flat shoes, though. Finally, she gets comfortable footwear! I have to admit, it's a bit odd for me to see her in something other than TNA in the seventies. All of Joanna's other big starring roles happened in the nineties and beyond--this was her most notable piece between TNA and AbFab. Usually I have no problem distinguishing actors from roles--I watch Gareth in Updown when he's literally a year from playing Gambit and never think it's good old Mike serving drinks. It's not really as though I think it's Purdey with glowy eyes, either, but there's something unsettling about watching Joanna at 33 in this role, although a lot if it is probably the role itself--the character is unsettling!

Anyway, I'm liking it so far. It's suspenseful and very much a slow burn, but it's suspenseful in a cozy way, if you know what I mean. Bad things happen, but it sort of wraps a warm blanket around you at the same time and tells you it's all right--somethign about the way it's shot is very warm. I don't know how else to describe it, and maybe my opinion will change when I watch more, but those are my initial thoughts. I'll probably watch more tonight--maybe I'll even finish Assignment 1! ^^
<<

Avengerdan

User avatar

Lumley Looney

Posts: 847

Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 10:29

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 01 Jun 2010, 20:08

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Very interesting, Timeless. I've not watched the show since it was first shown. I must admit I was a very frustrated angsty teenager at this period in my life. The New Avengers had long finished and The Professionals more or less taken over their time slot (an hour later in actual fact, but the same Friday nights ... or was The Professionals a Saturday night show? It's been so long ... :crybaby: ) with far higher ratings. Grr.

I didn't want The Professionals I wanted The New Avengers! And I didn't want Joanna in another show unless it was as action-packed as TNA and this was too yappy and too slow and pretentious for me. I remember she was interviewed on Radio 1 by Sue Cook on her new show (Kate Bush had been the previous week's guest, so we were on a roll!) and Sue was trying to get Joanna to say it was ITV's answer to the BBC's Doctor Who and Joanna, gently but firmly, wouldn't. :thumb: But she was so enthusiastic about it, saying "there has been nothing like this on TV before" and she "accepted the role because it was like nothing (she's) ever been in before"... Hmm, no karate for Saphire then, I thought ... :huh:

I thought Saphire looked better than Purdey, but I didn't like her half as much. It speaks volumes that even the writer didn't know what was going on. That seems wrong to me.

I can't see me ever buying the DVDs, but will I occasionally watch clips on YouTube.
Image
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 01 Jun 2010, 20:53

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Avengerdan wrote:Very interesting, Timeless. I've not watched the show since it was first shown. I must admit I was a very frustrated angsty teenager at this period in my life. The New Avengers had long finished and The Professionals more or less taken over their time slot (an hour later in actual fact, but the same Friday nights ... or was The Professionals a Saturday night show? It's been so long ... :crybaby: ) with far higher ratings. Grr.

I didn't want The Professionals I wanted The New Avengers! And I didn't want Joanna in another show unless it was as action-packed as TNA and this was too yappy and too slow and pretentious for me. I remember she was interviewed on Radio 1 by Sue Cook on her new show (Kate Bush had been the previous week's guest, so we were on a roll!) and Sue was trying to get Joanna to say it was ITV's answer to the BBC's Doctor Who and Joanna, gently but firmly, wouldn't. :thumb: But she was so enthusiastic about it, saying "there has been nothing like this on TV before" and she "accepted the role because it was like nothing (she's) ever been in before"... Hmm, no karate for Saphire then, I thought ... :huh:

I thought Saphire looked better than Purdey, but I didn't like her half as much. It speaks volumes that even the writer didn't know what was going on. That seems wrong to me.

I can't see me ever buying the DVDs, but will I occasionally watch clips on YouTube.


Oh, thanks for sharing those quotations, Dandy! I love hearing your memories from the seventies--it's the closest I'll ever get to any sort of first-hand look-in. I suspect if I had been around then, I would have resented S&S, too, for stealing Purdey away. I admit I resent The Professionals for taking away TNA, whether that's justified or not, and the long run it got that TNA never would. I'd quite happily sacrifice it, sight unseen, for another season of TNA. At the very least they could have cast Gareth instead! S&S, however, was too long after the fact for me to think of it as a TNA competitor.

Because Joanna has grown her hair out, she doesn't look like Purdey, really--the bob really did a lot to define the character--but on another level she does, because she's so close in age. I'm used to Joanna being either older or younger than Purdey in other roles, not close to the same age, and it's kind of messing with my head a little. I kind of keep looking at her out of the corner of my eye, as if I'm not quite sure who she is exactly.

As I said, I've only watched three episodes, so we'll see what I think of it when I've seen more. At the moment I'm just glad it hasn't a) truamatised me, and b) is quite compelling. And no one's started coughing up rose petals. I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I hadn't been able to buy it so cheap, and I'm partly watching it so I know what the deal is and can form my own opinion on it. I watched The Prisoner for the same reason, and was decidedly underwhelmed--I think it's very overrated, and I didn't particularly enjoy it, either. So far, S&S has given me a better viewing experience, and I've been pleasantly surprised. I look forward to watching the rest of it and seeing if it lives up to the hype. But it'll always be TNA first for me. :wink:
<<

Kim

Post 02 Jun 2010, 00:38

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I'm looking forward to seeing your opinion on this series Timeless. I mean, it is your fault after all, that I got started with it and fell in love with the series you know. :yes:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 02 Jun 2010, 00:50

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Kim wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing your opinion on this series Timeless. I mean, it is your fault after all, that I got started with it and fell in love with the series you know. :yes:


I'll certainly be posting here as I go through it a few episodes at a time. :yes: Don't know how long it'll take me. I don't know if you can really blame me for getting you into it when I haven't watched it myself yet, though. :lmao:
<<

Kim

Post 02 Jun 2010, 00:56

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Well you see, you got me started on TNA, though I was watching that mostly for Gambit ^^ , which got me interested in Joanna's career, so I read her books which mentioned S&S, which made me ask the forum members about the show, which made me buy the dvds, which made me spend my whole vacation watching and loving the show. See? Your fault. :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 02 Jun 2010, 01:03

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Kim wrote:Well you see, you got me started on TNA, though I was watching that mostly for Gambit ^^ , which got me interested in Joanna's career, so I read her books which mentioned S&S, which made me ask the forum members about the show, which made me buy the dvds, which made me spend my whole vacation watching and loving the show. See? Your fault. :lmao:


Ah, it was me via the ripple effect. My powers know no bounds--naturally I orchestrated it all through my secret cult TV ways. :lmao: Well, then, I guess I am guilty after all. :thumb: I think Gambit should share some of the blame, though, for being so incredibly dishy and making you want to watch TNA. Maybe if he'd been opposite Joanna in S&S I'd have watched it faster. :brows:
<<

Kim

Post 02 Jun 2010, 01:10

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Kim wrote:Well you see, you got me started on TNA, though I was watching that mostly for Gambit ^^ , which got me interested in Joanna's career, so I read her books which mentioned S&S, which made me ask the forum members about the show, which made me buy the dvds, which made me spend my whole vacation watching and loving the show. See? Your fault. :lmao:


Ah, it was me via the ripple effect. My powers know no bounds--naturally I orchestrated it all through my secret cult TV ways. :lmao: Well, then, I guess I am guilty after all. :thumb: I think Gambit should share some of the blame, though, for being so incredibly dishy and making you want to watch TNA. Maybe if he'd been opposite Joanna in S&S I'd have watched it faster. :brows:



Gambit could make me watch reality TV. :squee: *ahem*..And I have a feeling were he in S&S, we'd never see you again. :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 02 Jun 2010, 02:34

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Kim wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Kim wrote:Well you see, you got me started on TNA, though I was watching that mostly for Gambit ^^ , which got me interested in Joanna's career, so I read her books which mentioned S&S, which made me ask the forum members about the show, which made me buy the dvds, which made me spend my whole vacation watching and loving the show. See? Your fault. :lmao:


Ah, it was me via the ripple effect. My powers know no bounds--naturally I orchestrated it all through my secret cult TV ways. :lmao: Well, then, I guess I am guilty after all. :thumb: I think Gambit should share some of the blame, though, for being so incredibly dishy and making you want to watch TNA. Maybe if he'd been opposite Joanna in S&S I'd have watched it faster. :brows:



Gambit could make me watch reality TV. :squee: *ahem*..And I have a feeling were he in S&S, we'd never see you again. :lmao:


I think it's entirely possible he could make me watch it, too, wishing is saying something since I loathe the stuff. :lol: Might depend on what he was wearing, though. :whistle:

What we need is a program that'll superimpose his face over David McCallum's. Although it might cause my brain to implode. Maybe we'd better not. :lolol:
<<

Kim

Post 02 Jun 2010, 02:43

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

think it's entirely possible he could make me watch it, too, wishing is saying something since I loathe the stuff. Might depend on what he was wearing, though.

What we need is a program that'll superimpose his face over David McCallum's. Although it might cause my brain to implode. Maybe we'd better not.

It wouldn't be a good idea. We wouldn't want your brain to implode. :lmao: With that thought in mind, maybe I should get rid of that little towel scene. I wouldn't want to be the cause of your brain's demise. :angel: (Yes I'm still working on that story) :happy:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 02 Jun 2010, 02:49

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Kim wrote:think it's entirely possible he could make me watch it, too, wishing is saying something since I loathe the stuff. Might depend on what he was wearing, though.

What we need is a program that'll superimpose his face over David McCallum's. Although it might cause my brain to implode. Maybe we'd better not.

It wouldn't be a good idea. We wouldn't want your brain to implode. :lmao: With that thought in mind, maybe I should get rid of that little towel scene. I wouldn't want to be the cause of your brain's demise. :angel: (Yes I'm still working on that story) :happy:


Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not the towel scene! We can't deprive the world of the towel scene. Think of Tara! Think of what she'll be missing. (Because she's my first concern, of course. :whistle: What do you mean, "ulterior motives"?) My brain will be fine, I'm sure. Where's that darn air-conditioning? :lol:

(Glad to hear you're still working on the fic, btw ^^ ).
<<

Kim

Post 02 Jun 2010, 03:08

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Kim wrote:think it's entirely possible he could make me watch it, too, wishing is saying something since I loathe the stuff. Might depend on what he was wearing, though.

What we need is a program that'll superimpose his face over David McCallum's. Although it might cause my brain to implode. Maybe we'd better not.

It wouldn't be a good idea. We wouldn't want your brain to implode. :lmao: With that thought in mind, maybe I should get rid of that little towel scene. I wouldn't want to be the cause of your brain's demise. :angel: (Yes I'm still working on that story) :happy:


Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not the towel scene! We can't deprive the world of the towel scene. Think of Tara! Think of what she'll be missing. (Because she's my first concern, of course. :whistle: What do you mean, "ulterior motives"?) My brain will be fine, I'm sure. Where's that darn air-conditioning? :lol:

(Glad to hear you're still working on the fic, btw ^^ ).


As long as you provide me medical certification that you are healthy. Things maybe steaming up and I'm only concerned about your health. :yes:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 02 Jun 2010, 03:23

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Kim wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Kim wrote:think it's entirely possible he could make me watch it, too, wishing is saying something since I loathe the stuff. Might depend on what he was wearing, though.

What we need is a program that'll superimpose his face over David McCallum's. Although it might cause my brain to implode. Maybe we'd better not.

It wouldn't be a good idea. We wouldn't want your brain to implode. :lmao: With that thought in mind, maybe I should get rid of that little towel scene. I wouldn't want to be the cause of your brain's demise. :angel: (Yes I'm still working on that story) :happy:


Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not the towel scene! We can't deprive the world of the towel scene. Think of Tara! Think of what she'll be missing. (Because she's my first concern, of course. :whistle: What do you mean, "ulterior motives"?) My brain will be fine, I'm sure. Where's that darn air-conditioning? :lol:

(Glad to hear you're still working on the fic, btw ^^ ).


As long as you provide me medical certification that you are healthy. Things maybe steaming up and I'm only concerned about your health. :yes:


Surely an aversion to reality TV is a sign of good mental health in itself? :lmao: I'm sure I can handle some steaminess--I've written some steamy stuff myself. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. :brows:
<<

Kim

Post 02 Jun 2010, 03:31

Re: Assignment 1 Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Yes, your aversion does help your case immensely. :thumb:
Next

Return to Sapphire & Steel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron

Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation
suspicion-preferred