Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Avengers merchandise!

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 06 Feb 2008, 13:09

Avengers merchandise!

A PURDEY DOLL!!!!! :squee:
Last edited by Philippa on 27 Feb 2008, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 09 Feb 2008, 00:28

LOLOL
I really prefer the original than the doll.
I remember seeing on tv an Avengers fan : his house was a sort of museum full of stuff dedicated to the Avengers and New Avengers : dolls, posters, magazines, vhs, small cars, fancy dresses, pictures, etc. etc.
The journalist couldn't believe his eyes :P
<<

Philippa

Post 26 May 2008, 13:37

i found something else that's soooo fabulous:
clicky clicky

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 19 Feb 2009, 22:49

Re: Avengers merchandise!

Oh, I love that mug! (and the doll of course, too!) What's it with Joanna in doll art? First Purdey, and I also found a picture of a Patsy doll... :lol:

Anyway - here's the place to post all fab pictures of (un)official merchandise related to the (new) Avengers!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Feb 2009, 06:57

Oh, I could be here forever. But some new acquisitions. TNA stationary cards:

And do you know, I just got this lovely styrofoam backed TNA poster, actually made in 1976. I love it dearly, and I want to put it up on my ceiling. Alas, I haven't the time just now, so I gaze lovingly at it where I've propped it against the couch. Yep, I'm a collector. :grin:
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Feb 2009, 14:43

Those look fabulous :d

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 20 Feb 2009, 18:00

My TNA car model kits. I so badly want to put these together, but then I'd kill the resale value! Sigh.

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Feb 2009, 18:35

I love all the stuff you've collected, it looks fab!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 20 Feb 2009, 18:37

Maartje wrote:I love all the stuff you've collected, it looks fab!

Thanks! There's so much TNA I don't have, but a lot of it's super rare and very expensive when I can find it (and some I never find. Purdey marshmallows, anyone?)
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Feb 2009, 18:42

Timeless A-Peel wrote:(and some I never find. Purdey marshmallows, anyone?)

You're not gonna tell me those actually exist? :lolol:

You're so obviously a fan of the show, I love how you collect all these items - some of them must be pretty rare really! Keep on the good work, haha!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 20 Feb 2009, 18:48

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:(and some I never find. Purdey marshmallows, anyone?)

You're not gonna tell me those actually exist? :lolol:

You're so obviously a fan of the show, I love how you collect all these items - some of them must be pretty rare really! Keep on the good work, haha!

I am so serious. They made Purdey marshmallows in TNA packaging back in the seventies. Also, Purdey sheets! Needless to say, those would be the world's oldest marshmallows ever, but they did exist!

I really love TNA. I've been collecting The Avengers stuff since 1998, but when I saw TNA in 2001 I couldn't help but start picking stuff up, more than the original series. But one guy had everything and is now selling it, and alas I couldn't afford his Purdey mirror or TNA mission kit or TNA rubdown transfer set. Or Gambit's TV set. Yes, he had his set, but he wouldn't ship to Canada. :cry:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Feb 2009, 18:56

Timeless A-Peel wrote:They made Purdey marshmallows in TNA packaging back in the seventies.

Haha, that's insane! The publicity they do when a series gets popular is sometimes really crazy, I mean, marshmallows?! It's needless to say, but it hasn't got anything to do with TNA at all...

Timeless A-Peel wrote:But one guy had everything and is now selling it, and alas I couldn't afford his Purdey mirror or TNA mission kit or TNA rubdown transfer set.

That's... impressive... They should have never sold this stuff, it's television history: it would have been a nice exhibition for fans..
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 20 Feb 2009, 19:10

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:They made Purdey marshmallows in TNA packaging back in the seventies.

Haha, that's insane! The publicity they do when a series gets popular is sometimes really crazy, I mean, marshmallows?! It's needless to say, but it hasn't got anything to do with TNA at all...

Timeless A-Peel wrote:But one guy had everything and is now selling it, and alas I couldn't afford his Purdey mirror or TNA mission kit or TNA rubdown transfer set.

That's... impressive... They should have never sold this stuff, it's television history: it would have been a nice exhibition for fans..

Well, Purdey does love marshmallows, so I guess they figured a tie-in was a tie-in! :d

Yeah, I wish he'd put the TV somewhere I could go see it at least. The Purdey mirror was lovely too (just merchandise, not an actual prop like the set). Some of it will never be seen again. That's why I'm glad I got my poster (that was his as well).
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Feb 2009, 20:03

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Well, Purdey does love marshmallows, so I guess they figured a tie-in was a tie-in!

Haha, I guess so, yes.. But come on, secrets agents and marshmellows? It doesn't make any sense. But I suppose that happens to a show when it becomes really succesful..

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yeah, I wish he'd put the TV somewhere I could go see it at least.

Oh yes, absolutely! I don't exactly see why this guy put so much effort into collecting all sorts of rare TNA objects, and then sell them.. It should have been placed somewhere open to public, but hey, that's marketing.. What other collectables did he have?
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Feb 2009, 22:38

Oh yeah Ian's stuff. That video of him being interviewed by Honor about his collection is on YouTube. His collection really is massive, and great for other fans that he's selling stuff, but it's really expensive. I can't afford anything he has to offer..

Your stuff is great btw Timeless :d

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Feb 2009, 22:47

Philippa wrote:Oh yeah Ian's stuff. That video of him being interviewed by Honor about his collection is on YouTube.

Now that I would like to see, his collection sounds pretty impressive... I can't find the interview though, could you please post a link?
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Feb 2009, 22:49

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Feb 2009, 22:54

My goodness, his collection is HUGE. He must have been so thrilled though, being interviewed by Honor Blackman.. (although I don't really get why she only mentions her character, Emma and Tara, but anyway) It's kinda.. scary though.. :hypnose:
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Feb 2009, 22:57

Yeah she was actually in his house, I mean OMG :hypnose:
I would die :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Feb 2009, 23:03

Haha, well, this guy must have spent insane amounts of money to collect all this, so it really is special indeed... And she was obviously amazed too! :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Feb 2009, 23:50

Yeah I believe the stars of the show aren't aware of even half the merchandise that was once available :lol:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 21 Feb 2009, 06:12

Yes, Ian's been the collector for something like 40+ years now, and he's finally started to feel like it's time to move on. Sad because it'll never all be in one place again, but we do have a shot at some of his pieces now. Shame I can't pick up as much as I'd like, but I'm trying. My collection is nowhere near his size, and I know another fellow who has original TNA props and scripts, like Gambit's ID badge and such. Me, I go for what I think I'll have the most fun with. But then, I don't just collect Avengers stuff, so I have to spread the birthday money around. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 05 Apr 2009, 15:05

I was at H&M yesterday, and I saw these t-shirts with Marilyn Monroe's face on them. And I thought, wouldn't it be really cool to have t-shirts with Purdey on them! I'd certainly buy a stack of those :grin:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 05 Apr 2009, 15:49

Hell yes, I bet Joanna looks great on t-shirts. :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 05 Apr 2009, 16:49

Philippa wrote:I was at H&M yesterday, and I saw these t-shirts with Marilyn Monroe's face on them. And I thought, wouldn't it be really cool to have t-shirts with Purdey on them! I'd certainly buy a stack of those :grin:

I would pay good money for an Avengers shirt (an official one, not one someone threw together with a silk screen in their basement, and one which also wasn't a baggy sack). A TNA one would be even better. I have a Darkwing Duck shirt. Come on Canal+. Merchandise! :d

I forgot all about this thread. Lessee now, what can I show you today?

How about Gambit's Jaguar XJS from Corgi (complete with little Gambit)?

Or Purdey's TR7 by Dinky?

Or Steed's Range Rover?

Anyone interested in TNA comics, btw? I have a bunch of French ones I translated that aren't available in the annuals. Should I post?
Next

Return to The New Avengers