Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 29 Jan 2011, 23:45

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Timeless A-Peel wrote:So basically everyone has their own take on it, eh?


I'm afraid so, yes. That's what I would love is what Jennifer and Joanna's ideas are about these things.

Sorry to have confused you though. Not my writing - blame Jen Saunders! :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2011, 03:21

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:So basically everyone has their own take on it, eh?


I'm afraid so, yes. That's what I would love is what Jennifer and Joanna's ideas are about these things.

Sorry to have confused you though. Not my writing - blame Jen Saunders! :lol:


See, the interviewers never ask the right questions. If I ever trip over Jennifer, I shall be sure to ask her about canon. :lmao:

No, really, it's no big deal--you guys have been more than knowledgeable. Not your fault she didn't keep the offspring/husbands straight. :thumb: Thanks for all the info. Yay for knowledgeable fans! :hug:
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2011, 13:06

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Up until Gay, Jennifer always said that we were never even going to see Serge, because it would put so much pressure on her to get it right when she wrote him. These things like the second child are just minor details to Jennifer, they're not that important and certainly not vital parts of the series. But of course it is fun for us to speculate about it. Leaves more room for the imagination :lol:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2011, 13:39

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Philippa wrote:Up until Gay, Jennifer always said that we were never even going to see Serge, because it would put so much pressure on her to get it right when she wrote him. These things like the second child are just minor details to Jennifer, they're not that important and certainly not vital parts of the series. But of course it is fun for us to speculate about it. Leaves more room for the imagination :lol:


AbFab exists in its own weird sort of fantasy world, anyway, and logic isn't one of its primary characteristics. :lol: It still would have saved some confusion if we'd at least known the birth order, though.
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2011, 14:09

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Very true. Though I wonder if the question of their birth order has crossed the mind of many fans. Probably not :lol:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2011, 14:26

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Philippa wrote:Very true. Though I wonder if the question of their birth order has crossed the mind of many fans. Probably not :lol:


It's been bothering me for years, but then I look for these things. I've turned into one of those canon people. :lmao:
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2011, 14:33

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

In Gay, when Eddie refers to the order of her marriages she says: gay man, straight man, woman. Which should mean that Saffy is oldest because she's Justin's daughter and he's gay. Ah well, I guess we'll never know for sure :lol:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2011, 15:09

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Philippa wrote:In Gay, when Eddie refers to the order of her marriages she says: gay man, straight man, woman. Which should mean that Saffy is oldest because she's Justin's daughter and he's gay. Ah well, I guess we'll never know for sure :lol:


It's like a space-time continuum problem--could they both be the oldest? :lol:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 30 Jan 2011, 17:31

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Timeless A-Peel wrote:No, really, it's no big deal--you guys have been more than knowledgeable. Not your fault she didn't keep the offspring/husbands straight. :thumb: Thanks for all the info. Yay for knowledgeable fans! :hug:


Once I love a show, I always try to learn as much as possible about it, including minor details. I can definitely see why these details don't matter to Jennifer, but to the devoted fans.. Perhaps the new special/series will give us more answers? :wink:
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2011, 17:45

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Philippa wrote:In Gay, when Eddie refers to the order of her marriages she says: gay man, straight man, woman. Which should mean that Saffy is oldest because she's Justin's daughter and he's gay. Ah well, I guess we'll never know for sure :lol:


It's like a space-time continuum problem--could they both be the oldest? :lol:


*Bubble voice* Are you in a time warp?

:lolol:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2011, 17:59

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:No, really, it's no big deal--you guys have been more than knowledgeable. Not your fault she didn't keep the offspring/husbands straight. :thumb: Thanks for all the info. Yay for knowledgeable fans! :hug:


Once I love a show, I always try to learn as much as possible about it, including minor details. I can definitely see why these details don't matter to Jennifer, but to the devoted fans.. Perhaps the new special/series will give us more answers? :wink:


Ditto. (See Avengers, The. :lol: ) Like I said, the whole "know every detail" thing is fairly recent, because we have DVDs now and can go back and revisit stuff. Before that, people's memories weren't good enough to remember every single thing that happened three episodes earlier. It's only now that they need writer's bibles to keep track of it all.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 24 May 2011, 19:31

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

I wasn't quite sure where to put this (here or the "Other Fanfic" thread), but we'll try here. I wrote a short AbFab-related story to finally satisfy a very old and persistant plotbunny. Now I don't claim to be Jennifer Saunders or anything, and really, I'm of the opinion that AbFab is one of those writer-specific series (like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) that really shouldn't be mucked with by others, because the writing is so idiosyncratic to the creator, it makes it difficult for anyone else to do it justice. But this isn't really written as a standard AbFab ep, and it was an idea I wanted to do. It's more of a character study (Patsy, naturally :wink: ), and I know I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool AbFab fan, but I enjoyed writing it. So if you guys are interested in giving it a read, I'd be willing to post it, provided you're kind about the fact that I have no Outrageous Dialogue Generator implanted in my brain like Ms. Saunders. :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 26 May 2011, 18:51

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

It sounds great, so if you're willing, please do post the link :thumb:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 26 May 2011, 22:18

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

LunaFive wrote:It sounds great, so if you're willing, please do post the link :thumb:


If you're interested, then I shall. I'll try and do it tomorrow, as I need to upload it into Google Docs. :thumb:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 27 May 2011, 10:36

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:It sounds great, so if you're willing, please do post the link :thumb:


If you're interested, then I shall. I'll try and do it tomorrow, as I need to upload it into Google Docs. :thumb:


Thanks :thumb:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 27 May 2011, 21:20

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:It sounds great, so if you're willing, please do post the link :thumb:


If you're interested, then I shall. I'll try and do it tomorrow, as I need to upload it into Google Docs. :thumb:


Thanks :thumb:


It's up now, Britta. I posted it in the "Other Fanfiction" thread in Daily Life, as it doesn't really fit in this thread, so just follow the link and read to your heart's content. I hope you enjoy it. ^^

post41365.html#p41365
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 28 May 2011, 14:39

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Thanks, Timeless, I will read it ASAP!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 28 May 2011, 22:05

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

I read it and I left you a little review in the general fanfic topic! :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 28 May 2011, 23:12

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

LunaFive wrote:Thanks, Timeless, I will read it ASAP!


I hope you enjoy it. ^^

Maartje wrote:I read it and I left you a little review in the general fanfic topic! :wink:


I read it. Thank you muchly, Maartje. :grin:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 04 Feb 2012, 11:27

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Local supermarket giving away free muppets to promote the new movie:

Image

Can you spot Philippa's hand? :whistle:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 04 Feb 2012, 14:00

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

I can see some fingers, yes. :lol:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 04 Feb 2012, 16:50

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

That's hilarous! :lmao:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 04 Feb 2012, 17:08

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

LunaFive wrote:That's hilarous! :lmao:


Thanks. We thought so, too :lol:
<<

Heleno

User avatar

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Posts: 145

Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 11:27

Location: London, UK.

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 05 Feb 2012, 06:37

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Mara wrote:Local supermarket giving away free muppets to promote the new movie:

Image

Can you spot Philippa's hand? :whistle:


Haha, aw! :lol: Well, Miss Piggy did make a marvellous Edina...

Image

...it makes sense that she'd want to try her hand at being Pats! :thumb:

On another note; why oh why isn't my local supermarket handing out free muppets? :angry:

And on yet another note still, yes, I do see some fingers. Two and a half in fact. :yes:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 05 Feb 2012, 16:24

Re: Bugger bugger bollocks (the AbFab schmoozin' thread)

Haha yes, that picture was exactly what we had in mind, but our miss Piggy had blond hair so she had to be Patsy. Needless to say that we kept playing with it all night, quoting Patsy. ''Is this a muppet?'' :lmao:
PreviousNext

Return to Absolutely Fabulous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron

Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation
suspicion-preferred