Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Charities Joanna supports

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 25 Jan 2012, 16:38

Re: Charities Joanna supports

Heleno wrote:Woop-woop! Nice one Timeless! :cheer: You're a star! :hug:

You're very welcome. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 30 Jan 2012, 11:50

''Joanna Lumley is leading the fight to save more than 600 animals from slaughter after Britain's first farm sanctuary was served with an eviction notice.''

Fresh from the Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ction.html
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2012, 11:56

Horrible news, those poor animals! I'm glad Joanna is backing causes such as this one, and I hope they'll be able to find a good solution for this problem. I'd be horrified if they had to put down all those animals in the end :no:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2012, 13:31

I really hope they will be able to save the animals. These poor creatures, unable to defend themselves, it's hard to bare, really :no:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 30 Jan 2012, 13:34

So sad. I hope they'll be able to come up with some sort of solution. :no:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 30 Jan 2012, 13:46

Sad, isn't it? I hope they'll find a way into persuading this woman that giving up the farm will lead to horrible consequences to the animals that live there.
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 30 Jan 2012, 23:49

Oh how terrible! I truly hope that this women sees sense and reverses her decision, or at least has the decency to enter negotiations whereupon some sort of compromise may be arranged. 635 animals -- that's a lot of lives to be extinguished for such a ridiculous reason as them not having anywhere to live! :no:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 31 Jan 2012, 08:39

Why is Jo always blamed for all the causes she supports and when they go sour?! I've read all over Twitter "Joanna Lumley Blamed" "Joanna Lumley Blamed" bla bla bla...!
The thought of this makes me feel incredibly sad. I have a huge love for animals and even though I'm not vegan, the thought of animals being hurt breaks my heart. That is such a lot of animals! :(
<<

MarieCurie

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 23 Feb 2012, 17:07

Here's a fantastic opporunity for Joanna fans to spend the evening in her company, whilst supporting the wonderful work two very special charities.

The Life and Times of Joanna Lumley with David Dimbleby and Jonathan Dimbleby will be held in London on the evening of Tuesday March 20, 2012.

The evening will begin with a drinks reception, followed by three-course dinner (with food by Jamie Oliver) as we cruise in one of the most elegant boats on the Thames, the Silver Sturgeon. The star of our evening will be one of the funniest and most loved performers in the land, Joanna Lumley, who will be telling us about her Life and Times – and answering questions from guests as well.

The event is in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care and Dimbleby Cancer Care to raise funds for a joint research project into cancer care. All funds raised will go towards a major research project into a virtually unexplored but crucial area: to establish the needs of those carers – partners, families, friends - who find themselves looking after a loved one who is terminally ill. If you or your contacts are able to join us, you will be giving your support to these unsung and unpaid heroes as they face this exceptionally testing challenge.

Tickets are priced at £180 per person and you can purchase them individually or as a table for eight people. To book, please call Suzanne Robinson at Marie Curie Cancer Care on 020 7599 7308 or email [email protected]
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 23 Feb 2012, 18:15

MarieCurie wrote:Here's a fantastic opporunity for Joanna fans to spend the evening in her company, whilst supporting the wonderful work two very special charities.

The Life and Times of Joanna Lumley with David Dimbleby and Jonathan Dimbleby will be held in London on the evening of Tuesday March 20, 2012.

The evening will begin with a drinks reception, followed by three-course dinner (with food by Jamie Oliver) as we cruise in one of the most elegant boats on the Thames, the Silver Sturgeon. The star of our evening will be one of the funniest and most loved performers in the land, Joanna Lumley, who will be telling us about her Life and Times – and answering questions from guests as well.

The event is in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care and Dimbleby Cancer Care to raise funds for a joint research project into cancer care. All funds raised will go towards a major research project into a virtually unexplored but crucial area: to establish the needs of those carers – partners, families, friends - who find themselves looking after a loved one who is terminally ill. If you or your contacts are able to join us, you will be giving your support to these unsung and unpaid heroes as they face this exceptionally testing challenge.

Tickets are priced at £180 per person and you can purchase them individually or as a table for eight people. To book, please call Suzanne Robinson at Marie Curie Cancer Care on 020 7599 7308 or email [email protected]

Oh that's wonderful. I won't be able to make it, I just wish, I could :wub: Maybe one of the forum members will be able to go???
Thanks for sharing! :wave:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 24 Feb 2012, 11:33

I would absolutely love to go, but my nationality and current place of residence might be a bit of an issue here. :lol: Helen, are you interested?
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 May 2012, 05:35

You can bid on a tambourine, signed and "kissed" by Joanna right now on ebay:

auction link
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 May 2012, 13:24

LunaFive wrote:You can bid on a tambourine, signed and "kissed" by Joanna right now on ebay:

auction link

Aww, that's cute. :wub:
<<

Philippa

Post 18 May 2012, 16:06

Very cute indeed :wub: Thanks for posting Britta!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 May 2012, 08:34

You're welcome! :wave:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 08 Sep 2012, 11:31

She volunteerd to raise money for a lovely small charity last week. Here's a nice little article, with some pictures: click (same article, different - but even better picture - here)
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 08 Sep 2012, 13:12

Mara wrote:She volunteerd to raise money for a lovely small charity last week. Here's a nice little article, with some pictures: click (same article, different - but even better picture - here)

Aw, this one's particularly sweet, I think because it's a little local cause rather than a big national one. Thanks for sharing, Maartje. :hug:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 08 Sep 2012, 18:41

Oh that was lovely! Imagine she would do something like this in YOUR neighbourhood. I would take the day off and chat with her for 4 hrs :wub: no, serious, I think it's wonderful that she did that!
Thanks Maartje!
<<

Georgia

Donkey

Post 09 Sep 2012, 02:59

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Mara wrote:She volunteerd to raise money for a lovely small charity last week. Here's a nice little article, with some pictures: click (same article, different - but even better picture - here)

Aw, this one's particularly sweet, I think because it's a little local cause rather than a big national one.

Totally agree. It's lovely that she took the time to support her friend and the charity.

Thanks, Maartje. :)
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 09 Sep 2012, 21:55

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Aw, this one's particularly sweet, I think because it's a little local cause rather than a big national one. Thanks for sharing, Maartje. :hug:

My thoughts exactly :yes: (photogenic sheep there!) :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 10 Sep 2012, 17:50

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Aw, this one's particularly sweet, I think because it's a little local cause rather than a big national one. Thanks for sharing, Maartje. :hug:

My thoughts exactly :yes: (photogenic sheep there!) :wink:

I'm sure the sheep's stardom is assured. :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 12 Sep 2012, 15:47

Such a lovely initiative, and I'm really glad that Joanna supports lots of smaller charities like these, rather than just the big ones :yes:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Oct 2012, 09:15

Another chance to win a pair of Joanna's shoes. Is she having a clear-out? :lol:

50 pounds is not a lot though!
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Oct 2012, 09:50

That's not a lot of money, but there's still more than a day left, so the price could go up dramatically at the very last moment. They're my size as well :lol:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 21 Oct 2012, 15:04

Mara wrote:Another chance to win a pair of Joanna's shoes. Is she having a clear-out? :lol:

50 pounds is not a lot though!

At this rate Joanna will have nothing left to wear at all. She may have to go out in her bathrobe. :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Joanna discussion