Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Did you know...? TNA Trivia

<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Apr 2010, 21:33

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Totally. what an image!!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 13 Apr 2010, 22:31

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Thanks for typing up that trivia Timeless, most of it was new to me! I figured I know most facts about Joanna in the series but hardly anything about Gareth or Patrick, which - of course - I'm interested in as well.

Haha, Gareth giving his car an actual name - I like to do that with some things too actually. My iPod and mp3 players are always named after something I like. I wonder what ''Alexander'' was a reference to...
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Apr 2010, 22:37

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

What's your ipod called? :happy:
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 13 Apr 2010, 23:25

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Mara wrote:Thanks for typing up that trivia Timeless, most of it was new to me! I figured I know most facts about Joanna in the series but hardly anything about Gareth or Patrick, which - of course - I'm interested in as well.

Haha, Gareth giving his car an actual name - I like to do that with some things too actually. My iPod and mp3 players are always named after something I like. I wonder what ''Alexander'' was a reference to...


I'm pulling it all from my brain, so I'm glad you're enjoying it. :grin: It's always hard to seek out stuff on TNA, but what there is often comes from Joanna. We never did hear as much from Gareth as I would have liked, which is why I adore picking up old press articles from the time, because they drop lovely little tidbits in there. Gareth's are often the funniest and freshest, so I'm not surprised you haven't heard them all. I've got other stuff rattling around, so I'll add as I remember it.

I don't name my stuff, but I love that Gareth named his car. No idea where he got Alexander from--maybe he just thought it looked like an "Alexander." :lol: Whatever the reason, I'm still trying to sort out why he changed his name to begin with. Maybe he liked naming stuff. Who knows? :lol:
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 14 Apr 2010, 10:13

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Thanks Timeless, looking forward to hearing more!! :grin:
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Apr 2010, 18:52

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Blood, Sweat, and Tears: TNA Stunt Trivia

As we all know, Gareth and Joanna did a lot of their own stuntwork, and often faced off against stunt people as opposed to being doubled themselves. I thought I'd list off a bunch of TNA stunt-related stories, plus other little incidents that tested the mettle of the actors, for the trivia today. You may know some of these already, but here we go:

--While travelling in a little plane to the Scottish island on which they shot The Eagle's Nest, the flight encountered a good deal of turbulence. Gareth and Patrick, sitting up front, very nearly revisited the kippers they had for breakfast in the process. Presumably Joanna was sitting elsewhere, well out of the potential splatter zone.

--Rocky Taylor was the man in the Cybernaut costume in Last of the Cybernauts. He was a big guy, and would also double for Gareth whenever necessary. This time, however, he faced off against Gareth on the stairway. The scene was shot late at night, and Gareth was tired. He mistimed his punch and instead of narrowly missing old Rocky, he really decked him and sent him tumbling down the whole flight of stairs. Gareth felt terrible about it, but the two remained friends anyway.

--In Target, the man in charge of explosives got a little too excited when blowing up the police box. The blast was so big that Gareth was thrown off his feet. When he picked himself up again, his face was blackened and he had pieces of the box in his hair.

--Also on Target, Joanna had to run on a rooftop. Director Ray Austin was terrified she'd fall off, and with Joanna's terrible vertigo, it was always a possibility. "Crawl along it," he suggested, but Joanna was determined. "An Avengers girl wouldn't crawl," she declared, and did the stunt anyway.

--Joanna claims that she had to dangle from the helicopter in Dirtier by the Dozen because no one else would do it. It wasn't quite like that according to her stunt double, Cyd Child, who also doubled for Linda and Diana. Apparently they did it to save on costs by not hiring a stunt person to do the stunt. What they would have done if Joanna fell is beyond me.

--On other occasions, Joanna also accidentally mistimed and kicked a stuntman hard, knocking him down. She hurt her foot in the process and ran over to apologise, but he waved it off as part of the job. Joanna also badly bruised her shin, chipped and cracked two vertebrae, and split open her lip in the course of doing stunts for the show.

--The scene where Gambit rides an airplane wing in “Tale of the Big Why” was supposed to be shot using a dummy, but on the day of shooting they forgot to bring it, so Gareth volunteered to do it himself.

--In “Sleeper,” Cyd Child doubled for Joanna in the scene where Purdey breaks the windshield of her car. Cyd cut her hand doing the scene.

--In “Complex,” the scene where Gambit breaks through the window was poorly set up, and Gareth ended up slicing his forehead open and bleeding all over the carpet of the house they’d rented for the scene. He bore the scar on his temple for the rest of his life.

--Joanna nearly froze going through the car wash in “Emily.” It was cold that day, and the soap on her wouldn’t quit foaming. They eventually took her to a random woman’s house to sit in the bath and let the rest of the soap wash off.

--On at least one occasion, Gareth ended up in a pub brawl after someone decided it would be fun to take on “Gambit” for real. He bore a scar or two from those encounters, as well.
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 20 Apr 2010, 19:08

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

My god, you mean there was actually somebody inside that Cybernaut costume who trumbled all those stairs? How on earth did that man survive? Coming to think of it, it seems so silly that I assumed the Cybernauts were actually robots, but if you actually look at the kind of stunts they put that guy through...

I only knew the Joanna trivia facts but Gareth got of much worse. He suffered so much for this show, he must have really loved acting. :hypnose:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Apr 2010, 19:29

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Mara wrote:My god, you mean there was actually somebody inside that Cybernaut costume who trumbled all those stairs? How on earth did that man survive? Coming to think of it, it seems so silly that I assumed the Cybernauts were actually robots, but if you actually look at the kind of stunts they put that guy through...

I only knew the Joanna trivia facts but Gareth got of much worse. He suffered so much for this show, he must have really loved acting. :hypnose:


Well, obviously in the bit where Purdey and Gambit flip it over and it drops straight over the edge of the stairs and falls a few stories it was played by a dummy, but yes, otherwise it was Rocky in there. I believe he played the Cybernaut in the original series, too. He was really tall so they liked using him for the part. Gareth felt so terrible about it, but of course he didn't mean it. He stayed friends with Rocky until years after the show ended. Like I said, I believe he was Gareth's stunt double as well, the few times Gareth used one.

Gareth took an incredible amount of abuse doing the series, along with all the training, but he really wanted to "be" the character, and not just "sit back while someone else does the juicy bits." His training for the role was huge. They gave him firearms training, and he said how the guy teaching him advised him to never have a fully-loaded gun in his shoulder-holster, because he was bad at his quick-draw, and it kept getting it caught in the holster. "You'll shoot yourself under the arm otherwise," he told poor Gareth. (You have to remember: all those guns they use in TNA? Those are real. Filled with blanks, but still real. Yikes!). Gareth also learned how to do all his own driving for the show, all that spinning the XJS, though he said he'd get confused occasionally and would end up going the other way. He also practiced on a motorcycle, which he thought would be a cinch, since, unlike Joanna, he could actually ride one. He went on therir course or whatever and ended up falling in some bushes. It's a wonder he lived to do the show at all, really. :hypnose:

He'd also never ridden a horse before, unlike Joanna, so all his riding in Target is him doing it with pretty much nil experience. Pretty good, eh?
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Apr 2010, 19:30

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Wow, so many things! How could they 'forget' to bring a dummy! Poor Gareth. And Jo really went through the war zone. I never realised a double was used in the car scene in Sleeper- it's one of my fave episodes, so I'll concentrate on that particular scene more closely next time.

Cybernauts, scary things!! And that stunt man, well, maybe he is made of steel!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Apr 2010, 19:41

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Laura wrote:Wow, so many things! How could they 'forget' to bring a dummy! Poor Gareth. And Jo really went through the war zone. I never realised a double was used in the car scene in Sleeper- it's one of my fave episodes, so I'll concentrate on that particular scene more closely next time.

Cybernauts, scary things!! And that stunt man, well, maybe he is made of steel!


Yeah, well, it's possible apparently. They were so casual about it, too. "What? No dummy? Oh, Gareth, d'you mind jumping on a plane wing today?" "Can I finish my sandwich first?" I think Gareth and Joanna were either very brave or insane. Or both. :lol:

And yes, Cyd doubles for Joanna in Sleeper. As I said, she also doubled for Diana Rigg and Linda Thorson in the original Avengers, and Joanna wanted her bad, but Clemens and co. kept saying she wouldn't work. So Cyd went off and lost a bunch of weight "because Jo was another skinny one," and Joanna went and got a wig cut in the Purdey bob and a replica costume made, and then they dressed Cyd up, and they ran by the camera one after the other, and no one could tell the difference, so they hired her. People were always watching the day's rushes and saying "Whoa, when did they let Joanna do that?" because they couldn't tell it was Cyd. So I'm not surprised you missed it. I posted a whole interview with Cyd on my site. It makes for fascinating reading.
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Apr 2010, 21:36

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Fab, thanks Timeless. I'll check that out :happy: I'm going to watch all of Purdey's stunts now and see if I can spot the difference!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Apr 2010, 21:43

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Laura wrote:Fab, thanks Timeless. I'll check that out :happy: I'm going to watch all of Purdey's stunts now and see if I can spot the difference!


I can, but it's much, much harder than in the original series, where the doubles looked nothing like the actors. Gareth's isn't a bad match, either. I could probably draw you up a list of the most obvious stunt double scenes. :lmao:

Hope you enjoy the interview, though. It's a really good, fascinating read from someone behind the scenes of the series. :yes:
<<

Avengerdan

User avatar

Lumley Looney

Posts: 847

Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 10:29

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Apr 2010, 22:33

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I posted a whole interview with Cyd on my site. It makes for fascinating reading.


Did you, that's great. The interview is fascinating. Cyd Child sounded so nice. She clearly adored Diana Rigg but wasn't so keen on Linda (but was reluctant to say why - very loyal to the show).

Another person who's memoirs would make a great read. I've read those Stay Tuneds over and over again. :hearteyes:
Image
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Apr 2010, 23:23

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Avengerdan wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I posted a whole interview with Cyd on my site. It makes for fascinating reading.


Did you, that's great. The interview is fascinating. Cyd Child sounded so nice. She clearly adored Diana Rigg but wasn't so keen on Linda (but was reluctant to say why - very loyal to the show).

Another person who's memoirs would make a great read. I've read those Stay Tuneds over and over again. :hearteyes:


Yes, it's all there. I adore that interview. I love reading stuff from people other than the usual suspects because it gives a different insight into the show, and Cyd was lucky enough to be involved in three different eras, which was rare (I listened to that Julie Stevens commentary, too, and I like her even more now. Venus is one of my favourite Avengers girls). She come across as really lovely and enthusiastic about what she did. Both Joanna and Diana fought for her (no pun intended) at one point or another, and it's clear she appreciated it. She says she didn't hate Linda, just that there was a period of time where she wanted to do all her own stunts and was a little divaish about it. But she says that eventually she realised her limits and admitted as much, and that they got on very well after that.

I adore my On Target/Stay Tuned collection, too. I've been going through and pulling more TNA stuff out of it for the site, but I keep getting distracted because there's just so much stuff in there. Which reminds me, I really much scan and put that Gambit article from the final issue on my site. No TNA fan should be without that one!
<<

Avengerdan

User avatar

Lumley Looney

Posts: 847

Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 10:29

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 21 Apr 2010, 08:48

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Yes, apparently Linda wanted to meet "the publicity of doing her own stunts" or whatever it was Cyd said, and hadn't realised if Cyd didn't do the stunt she didn't get paid (which seems terribly tight of the producers). Linda also wanted to raid Tara King's wardrobe and swan off to a party. Ah, youth .... :angel:

They really should compile all these interviews into a book. There is still an unpublished Billy Westley interview which will probably now never see the light of day. :doubt:
Image
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Apr 2010, 13:39

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

I'm treating myself this weekend to some episodes of TNA- life is crazy at the moment!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 21 Apr 2010, 16:35

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Haha, I had a little rewatch was well yesterday and I think I can spot Cyd most of the times, but that's because I have watched Joanna in so many different roles: I just recognise the way she stands and walks. I'd be much harder for me to recognise Gareth's double, so yes, I'd be interested in such a list so I can have a look myself.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 21 Apr 2010, 18:14

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Avengerdan wrote:Yes, apparently Linda wanted to meet "the publicity of doing her own stunts" or whatever it was Cyd said, and hadn't realised if Cyd didn't do the stunt she didn't get paid (which seems terribly tight of the producers). Linda also wanted to raid Tara King's wardrobe and swan off to a party. Ah, youth .... :angel:

They really should compile all these interviews into a book. There is still an unpublished Billy Westley interview which will probably now never see the light of day. :doubt:


Yeah, well, the budget ruled. Joanna's little helicopter ladder flight was similarly done to save on money so they wouldn't have to pay Cyd. Kind of a gamble to risk your Avengers girl falling off and splatting all over the countryside to save a couple quid, but TV was funny that way back then. Anything to save money--hence Monty Berman's White Jaguar of Doom, which I've seen meet its end off that cliff about 47 times in everything from The Champions and Randall and Hopkirk to Department S/Jason King, sometimes more than once a season. :lmao:

Linda backed down on the stunts eventually, I believe. I didn't know she was running around in Tara's wardrobe, though. What happened if she got ketchup down the front? :lol:

Oh, I'd love to read the Billy Westley interview. When did they do that one, and what for? Poor Billy--destined to be asked on dates by the rest of the crew for the whole of his Avengers career. :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 21 Apr 2010, 18:44

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Mara wrote:Haha, I had a little rewatch was well yesterday and I think I can spot Cyd most of the times, but that's because I have watched Joanna in so many different roles: I just recognise the way she stands and walks. I'd be much harder for me to recognise Gareth's double, so yes, I'd be interested in such a list so I can have a look myself.


Yes, I'm pretty familiar with the way most of the Avengers move, so it makes it easier to spot a double. For the women, the legs often look wrong, too--I remember Diana's colour body double had legs that were so obviously not Diana's that it was distracting. Another thing that gives them away is the way they walk/run. Diana Rigg had a pretty distinctive run, and you could spot when it wasn't her a mile away. On the flip side, but Gareth and Joanna have pretty distinctive walks, so it's hard to successfully fake them. Gareth spent so long at sea that he had the rocking, rolling gait of a sailor for the rest of his life, and I suspect Joanna's modelling days are responsible for her walk--she swings her arms and sways her hips in a certain way. I don't think I've seen two people who move quite so idiosyncratically before in my life, actually.

Another thing that gives them away is the profiles. Gareth's got that broken nose with a bump in it, so whenever that's not there, you know it's not him, and Joanna...well, I don't know. You can just tell when it looks wrong, less so with Cyd, though. The thing is, a lot of Joanna's really obvious doubles aren't Cyd, but other specialty people brought in to do certain things. I think Gareth and Joanna are possibly the least-doubled Avengers (well, other than Honor and Ian, but only because they shot everything live and there were no doubles), so it's actually pretty hard to spot counterfeits because they're just not there. But anything that Joanna couldn't do herself, you can spot a double doing. So Purdey's first-ever fight scene in Eagle's Nest? It starts out as Joanna, and then Purdey moves out of shot, and when she comes back in, it's clearly a double doing all the twirling and high-kicking tough dancer stuff. Ditto at the end of Three-Handed Game. Despite having a lunch hour to learn, Joanna just couldn't master tap-dancing, so the whole tap-dancing sequence, with the exception of intercuts, is, as Joanna described her, "a charming thin dancer" with a Purdey wig on, and legs that look nothing like hers. And, of course, Joanna couldn't ride a motorbike, so any scene with her on one is doubled by either a man or Wendy Cooper.

Gareth, it seems, was doubled less than Joanna. He dove through all the windows. He did his own driving. He jumped on airplane wings. He seems to be there even when they’re shooting him from far away (and so does Joanna), because again, a double wouldn’t walk right. It’s actually really, really hard to spot instances where it’s not him, but the most obvious example is near the end of “Hostage” where Gambit’s being thrown around by the heavy. The close-ups are Gareth, but whenever they do the distance shots it’s clearly Rocky Taylor or someone else being thrown around with Gareth grunting over the soundtrack. Again, it’s the nose that gives it away. He might also possibly be doubled when he fights Spence in “House of Cards,” though I’m going more from the way it’s shot than anything, and the bit where he goes flying through the air in “K is for Kill” one would think would be doubled, though I never get a good enough look at his profile to tell. Rabidsamfan swears that both Gareth and Joanna are doubled in “Trap” when Purdey tackles Gambit—apparently if you slow it down the profiles look wrong again—but it goes hugely fast and it always looks pretty legit to me. I haven’t watched TNA properly in ages, though, so I’ll have to think on it for more examples.
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 21 Apr 2010, 18:58

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Rabidsamfan swears that both Gareth and Joanna are doubled in “Trap” when Purdey tackles Gambit—apparently if you slow it down the profiles look wrong again—but it goes hugely fast and it always looks pretty legit to me.


I think she could be right there though - I've always wondered whether that was really Joanna doing that stunt myself as well. The only Avengers actress I'd be able to seperate from her double is, like I said, Joanna. You just can't copy her, she has too many distinguishing features. Her legs are one of them, her voice is the other. Jo said that the only person who can really do her voice is Jennifer and apparently she even dubbed some bits for Joanna, but I still haven't been able to figure out which.

I have to say Cyd was brilliant at her stunts though - I'd never have expected that some of the fight scenes Emma did in the coloured series were actually performed by her. (I found Murdersville probably the most suprising) Because I have watched Jo so closely for many times I just can tell whether it's her or not: Purdey riding her motor bike is one great example. (the shape of Cyd's body isn't similar to Joanna's) But then again: you just can't literally copy someone, so from that point of view I think she did brilliantly at her stunts.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 21 Apr 2010, 19:45

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Rabidsamfan swears that both Gareth and Joanna are doubled in “Trap” when Purdey tackles Gambit—apparently if you slow it down the profiles look wrong again—but it goes hugely fast and it always looks pretty legit to me.


I think she could be right there though - I've always wondered whether that was really Joanna doing that stunt myself as well. The only Avengers actress I'd be able to seperate from her double is, like I said, Joanna. You just can't copy her, she has too many distinguishing features. Her legs are one of them, her voice is the other. Jo said that the only person who can really do her voice is Jennifer and apparently she even dubbed some bits for Joanna, but I still haven't been able to figure out which.

I have to say Cyd was brilliant at her stunts though - I'd never have expected that some of the fight scenes Emma did in the coloured series were actually performed by her. (I found Murdersville probably the most suprising) Because I have watched Jo so closely for many times I just can tell whether it's her or not: Purdey riding her motor bike is one great example. (the shape of Cyd's body isn't similar to Joanna's) But then again: you just can't literally copy someone, so from that point of view I think she did brilliantly at her stunts.


Diana's legs and profile are very distinct, too--her body (not stunt) double looked nothing like her on either front. I know Diana's movements as well as Joanna's--she carried herself in a unique way, too, so it's hard to copy her. Joanna's legs are distinct, too, though--you can tell both dancer doubles aren't her from those alone. But Cyd could look creepily like Diana or Joanna on occasion, which is why it's sometimes difficult to distinguish between them. Cyd never rode the motorbike for Joanna, though--that was either Wendy Cooper or a man, depending on the scene, so it's no surprise the shape was wrong. :lol: She only did fights and little things like breaking the glass. But the fact I didn't spot her in Sleeper is a testament to how well she passed for Joanna.
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Apr 2010, 19:55

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Right that has it- I'm watching Sleeper this evening!!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 21 Apr 2010, 20:12

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Laura wrote:Right that has it- I'm watching Sleeper this evening!!


Tell Purdey to keep her pants on! :lmao:
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Apr 2010, 20:25

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Will do!

Just watched Dirtier by the Dozen, that last scene always makes me nervous!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 21 Apr 2010, 21:04

Re: Did you know...? TNA Trivia

Laura wrote:Will do!

Just watched Dirtier by the Dozen, that last scene always makes me nervous!


It's risky, but I think it's the perfect way to end the first season. Purdey, champagne in hand, floating off. How wonderfully whimsical and Avengersish. ^^ Of course, I love Dirtier loads--not only is it the "Gambit episode," but Purdey spends an awful lot of time touching him as they run around the field. It's a rare, sweet little intimate touch, because Purdey's more less deferred to him and let Gambit take the lead and trusts him to get them out of it alive. That episode really plays up a lot of the dynamics between them. Gambit's fear when he realises she's in the minefield is almost palpable.
PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation
suspicion-preferred