Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Dreams about Joanna

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Dec 2010, 14:27

Dreams about Joanna

Bit of a shame that the old topic is gone as I don't remember most of the Joanna dreams I have ever had, but they usually consists of me chatting to her over a cup of tea. :lol: Does anyone remember them?
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:14

Re: Joanna dreams

Maartje wrote:Bit of a shame that the old topic is gone as I don't remember most of the Joanna dreams I have ever had, but they usually consists of me chatting to her over a cup of tea. :lol: Does anyone remember them?

Vaguely--just as a dream should be remembered. :lol: One of you guys dreamt she was reading to you, I remember. Don't know who it was, though. My only contribution to this thread was my one about attending a lecture by Hugh Laurie with you and Philippa. :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Jan 2011, 11:37

I think I had another one last night! Must have been because La Bête is closing this week because I was suddenly back in London to see the play again, only this time with my parents. It was a bit weird though because both Mark Rylance and David H Pierce were on a break so it was just Joanna and she came down to sit next to me and talk to me instead, so we watched a total different play, but none seemed to mind. :lol: I had a lovely time chatting to here and that was pretty much the end of my dream, haha.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 04 Jan 2011, 19:46

Maartje wrote:I think I had another one last night! Must have been because La Bête is closing this week because I was suddenly back in London to see the play again, only this time with my parents. It was a bit weird though because both Mark Rylance and David H Pierce were on a break so it was just Joanna and she came down to sit next to me and talk to me instead, so we watched a total different play, but none seemed to mind. :lol: I had a lovely time chatting to here and that was pretty much the end of my dream, haha.

That's really a cool dream, I wouldn't mind skipping the play if I 'll get Joanna alone instead :lmao:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 04 Jan 2011, 21:31

Sweet!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Jan 2011, 23:07

LunaFive wrote:That's really a cool dream, I wouldn't mind skipping the play if I 'll get Joanna alone instead :lmao:

Neither did I. :wink: I remember her hair looked really different though, much shorter and a totally different colour. I think that's why none bothered her really, my mind just wanted Joanna's full attention for itself. :lmao:

I'd have expected Jennifer to pop up though. Perhaps the both could perform some comedy together next. :lol:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 05 Jan 2011, 11:32

Nice dream Mara - glad that you had a nice chat with her. :lol: :lol:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 13 Jan 2011, 04:05

She was in my dream last night. As a teacher or something. Can't remember much, because I always forget my dreams. She taught in the class I was in, in 2001! Weird. She seemed alright in my dream, not 'nice' or 'mean'. Just neutral. Which was ok.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Feb 2011, 07:12

Finally I dreamed of Joanna again last night! :hearteyes: She was sitting at my breakfast table, together with Stephen (but he wouldn't say anything) and then she got mail, some kind of form to fill in, she wrote something in it and than gave it to me. She was just starting to say something to me when my alarm went on, needless to say that I was hugely disappointed because I woke up! :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Feb 2011, 10:05

Don't you just hate alarm clocks Britta? :lol: Cool dream though!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Feb 2011, 11:12

Maartje wrote:Don't you just hate alarm clocks Britta? :lol: Cool dream though!

Yes, I do as I hate getting up early anyway. But especially when I dream of Joanna I don't want to be disturbed at all :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 16 Feb 2011, 12:58

LunaFive wrote:

Yes, I do as I hate getting up early anyway. But especially when I dream of Joanna I don't want to be disturbed at all :lmao:

And now you'll never get to read the form. Curse you, alarm clock! :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Feb 2011, 06:34

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:

Yes, it's really a shame. I think she put in her email address in that form and I was thinking "oh great, I get to know her email address, how cool is that" although I also thought that it was strange that she had one at all. Man, dreams can get silly sometimes! :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Feb 2011, 21:12

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Yes, I do as I hate getting up early anyway. But especially when I dream of Joanna I don't want to be disturbed at all :lmao:

Yes, it's really a shame. I think she put in her email address in that form and I was thinking "oh great, I get to know her email address, how cool is that" although I also thought that it was strange that she had one at all. Man, dreams can get silly sometimes! :lmao:

Oh, that's really a shame--you and Joanna could have been imaginary e-mail buddies, even though I kind of doubt she e-mails too. :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Feb 2011, 06:38

Same here, I was thinking "I don't think she does email" but hey, it would have been nice! :hyper:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 21 Feb 2011, 23:05

Ok. Last night I dreamnt I was going to be in a scary movie with her. I know this, because at the beginning, someone said it was AO with 'scary scenes' or something. Then, all of sudden, My skin is being peeled off my arm! :unsure: . WTF! It was weird :hypnose: . It looked like I had chicken skin!

Next second, I'm acting with Joanna! It was so cool! She was really pleasant. She was talented in my dream life, just as she is in real life. I was USELESS in the movie...lol. In the movie, she put her arms around me from behind. (I think it was part of the movie?) I remember seeing her arms and left hand. It was such a nice dream though, because I'd LOVE to act with Joanna! I didn't see anyone filming it though. It was almost as if we were practising. Weird..but nice :wub:

I want a hug Joanna! :squee:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 22 Feb 2011, 01:04

Ok those are weird dreams. Hilarious though :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 22 Feb 2011, 06:29

that's really a good one, I am sure you had fun at the set! :wink:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 22 Feb 2011, 09:11

LunaFive wrote:that's really a good one, I am sure you had fun at the set! :wink:

Yeah, it was nice getting a hug :lol:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 22 Feb 2011, 11:42

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, that's really a shame--you and Joanna could have been imaginary e-mail buddies, even though I kind of doubt she e-mails too. :lmao:

I wonder if she has an email account. Seems the bigger star you are the less Internet presence. You get a lot of z-list celebs and reality 'stars' on Titter (did I misspell that? Oh dear ... :wave: ) but the top notch stars have (apparent) zero or keep it private. Yet email is such a big part of life today - like having a telephone thirty years ago. *Babbling*
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 22 Feb 2011, 13:40

Avengerdan wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, that's really a shame--you and Joanna could have been imaginary e-mail buddies, even though I kind of doubt she e-mails too. :lmao:

I wonder if she has an email account. Seems the bigger star you are the less Internet presence. You get a lot of z-list celebs and reality 'stars' on Titter (did I misspell that? Oh dear ... :wave: ) but the top notch stars have (apparent) zero or keep it private. Yet email is such a big part of life today - like having a telephone thirty years ago. *Babbling*

Well, I thought about it, too, to be honest, I doubt that she has an email address... not sure, I think she's just the kind of person who can live without it. It would be great if she would be on Twitter or so but as you say, the major stars don't have it and I think I can understand that they aren't visible online.
But since there are still people - like me - who don't have an internet flat rate on their cell phone, I clearly understand why those bigger stars - which are often a bit older than 30 years - don't like the computer or internet buisness.
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 22 Feb 2011, 16:19

You're right. Joanna's management would probably look after all the Interweb stuff.

My folks didn't have a telephone until the mid 70s - we had a call box at the corner of the street and it was only when it was vandalised my mum thought she'd better have one in case of emergencies - but it never bothered me at all. Until we had one installed and then I didn't know how we lived without one.

Same with me and the Internet in 1999 or so - but I do think fondly when I always had my nose in a book or a magazine rather than my face looking at a laptop screen.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 23 Feb 2011, 06:40

Avengerdan wrote:You're right. Joanna's management would probably look after all the Interweb stuff.

My folks didn't have a telephone until the mid 70s - we had a call box at the corner of the street and it was only when it was vandalised my mum thought she'd better have one in case of emergencies - but it never bothered me at all. Until we had one installed and then I didn't know how we lived without one.

Same with me and the Internet in 1999 or so - but I do think fondly when I always had my nose in a book or a magazine rather than my face looking at a laptop screen.

Same here! My parents did have a telephone when they moved into our house but I was not allowed to chat away with it as it was expensive these days. So whenever I wanted to call someone I had to keep it short. But it never bothered me as one would hang out with friends and commune in person, ot via sms or the internet.

right now I cannot imagine how we did it without the internet. Everything's so much easier now, especially if you're a fan of someone. I remember that you had to rely on these glossy magazine papers in the 80ies because it was all that you would get if you hadn't have someone in the States or so to send you stuff from there.
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 23 Feb 2011, 11:51

... or join their fan club and rely on a newsletter! :lol:

Sorry, we're going Off Topic now. :whistle:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 01 Mar 2011, 09:13

I think Joanna would, she is very social and confident. She'd want to keep in touch in the modern way. I think she has Facebook, so she'd need an email for that
Next

Return to Joanna discussion