Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Fan fiction

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 27 Mar 2011, 12:52

Re: Fan fiction

Thanks for the reviews, Philippa. :thumb: I know you've probably read them before, so they were a nice surprise. ^^
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Mar 2011, 15:42

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Thanks for the reviews, Philippa. :thumb: I know you've probably read them before, so they were a nice surprise. ^^

I hadn't actually, they were still on my "to read" list. And what a great way to procrastinate that was ^^

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Mar 2011, 16:52

Philippa wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Thanks for the reviews, Philippa. :thumb: I know you've probably read them before, so they were a nice surprise. ^^

I hadn't actually, they were still on my "to read" list. And what a great way to procrastinate that was ^^

Oh, well that worked out nicely, then. :lol: Hard to remember who's read what after awhile. Glad you enjoyed them. ^^

Ah, procrastination. My old friend... :thumb:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 Jul 2011, 14:08

Thanks for the lovely review of my latest drabble, Philippa! :grin: I had an idea that was just perfectly drabble-sized. I've had some ideas lately, and I'm trying to ease back into writing again after having fallen out of the groove. Fingers crossed. :thumb: Glad you enjoyed it. ^^

I haven't posted about my occasionally-updated drabble series on here, I don't think, so I'll give it a little plug. The latest drabble, and all the rest, can be found here. Enjoy! :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Aug 2011, 13:48

Getting close to finishing my latest fanfic experiment, which I'll be posting on ff.net when I'm finished. Hopefully before the summer ends. :lol: Then my next project will hopefully be a proper, longer fic with a plot. Not a great summer for writing, but what can you do? I'll probably get inspired when I go back to school. :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Aug 2011, 18:58

Good luck Timeless! I'll be happy to read your new story once it's finished.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Aug 2011, 19:06

Maartje wrote:Good luck Timeless! I'll be happy to read your new story once it's finished.

Thanks, Maartje! :hug: It's done in another fic format I'm experimenting with. It's a little different, but it's let me use lots of little ideas I've had in mind, but not plotted out completely. Hopefully I'll finish it soon, and then you can read it. :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 30 Aug 2011, 15:04

Just a note that the first part of my new fanfic is up on ff.net. Titled "Five Things That Never Happened to The New Avengers...and One That Did," it's an experiment--a series of unconnected AU vignettes showing all sorts of scenarios that could have happened to the characters, but didn't. Each one is complete in itself, and I'll try to post a new one every two or three days. You can find it here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7337398/1/

I hope you enjoy it. :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 02 Sep 2011, 22:28

Second part of the AU vignette series up. Enjoy! :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Sep 2011, 23:11

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Just a note that the first part of my new fanfic is up on ff.net. Titled "Five Things That Never Happened to The New Avengers...and One That Did," it's an experiment--a series of unconnected AU vignettes showing all sorts of scenarios that could have happened to the characters, but didn't. Each one is complete in itself, and I'll try to post a new one every two or three days. You can find it here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7337398/1/

I hope you enjoy it. :grin:

The last part of the "Five Things" saga went up on Friday, so you can read the complete set now. :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 11 Nov 2011, 03:34

My latest fic, inspired by Dandy and LoM, is up on ff.net. It's called "John, I'm Only Dancing" (Bowie-inspired title, of course :wink: ), and you can find it here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7540304/1/

It's very AU, and very much a character piece, with one or two twists in store (hopefully :wink: ).

Enjoy! :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 11 Nov 2011, 23:27

Good to see that you've picked up writing the ol' familiar G&P fanfic Timeless. :d I'll definitely read this one as soon as I have a little more time/feel less stressed
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 Nov 2011, 14:36

Mara wrote:Good to see that you've picked up writing the ol' familiar G&P fanfic Timeless. :d I'll definitely read this one as soon as I have a little more time/feel less stressed

I'm trying to slowly ease back into it after not feeling very inspired for the past few months. Dandy gave me the idea for "John, I'm Only Dancing", and I just couldn't let it go until I wrote it, so it's kind of got me back into the writing mood. It's actually the least-Purdey/Gambitesque piece I've done, though they are in a fair chunk of it (one scene in particular makes me feel all fuzzy inside :wub: ). It's a strange fic for that and a lot of other reasons. They got a pretty good look-in in "Five Things", though, so I'm not neglecting them. :wink:

Next up, I've got a non-TNA story I wrote back in the spring that I want to polish up and post, and then I've got ideas for a brief sequel to my Avengers/Sapphire and Steel crossover "Carbon Copy." After that I don't know what I'll do--arc? Stand-alone stuff? I'll think on it. But there will be more Purdey and Gambit in one form or anoher. ^^

Hope you enjoy the fic when you get the chance to read it, though. I know better than anyone how university kills your time and your brain. :doubt:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Nov 2011, 00:07

The last chapter of "John, I'm Only Dancing" is now up, so there's a complete fic up for perusal at your leisure. :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Nov 2011, 00:13

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Hope you enjoy the fic when you get the chance to read it, though. I know better than anyone how university kills your time and your brain. :doubt:

Uni can be a real creativity killer sometimes. I just don't feel the urge to write or read (even novels) much when I've got assignments to hand in and scientific articles/books to read. So yeah, I admire your writing skills/strength. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Nov 2011, 00:16

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Hope you enjoy the fic when you get the chance to read it, though. I know better than anyone how university kills your time and your brain. :doubt:

Uni can be a real creativity killer sometimes. I just don't feel the urge to write or read (even novels) much when I've got assignments to hand in and scientific articles/books to read. So yeah, I admire your writing skills/strength. :wink:

Ugh, that's the truth. I have heaps of books and magazines sitting all over, but I spend all week reading hundreds of pages of dense text, and I just don't have the mental energy to read for pleasure. And I've had a lot of assignments this term, so writing is hard to squeeze in, too. I'm hoping to try and at least finish a short piece before exams start killing me, though. Thanks, Maartje. :hug:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Nov 2011, 20:48

Cheers Timeless, I'll check this out! :)
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Nov 2011, 22:27

JackieO wrote:Cheers Timeless, I'll check this out! :)

Hope you enjoy, Laura! :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 03 Dec 2011, 13:04

I'm so sorry I haven't written you a proper review yet Timeless, I've been so busy with lots of stuff that I kind of forgot.. Christmas holidays coming up in a couple of weeks though, so bear with me. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 03 Dec 2011, 20:30

Mara wrote:I'm so sorry I haven't written you a proper review yet Timeless, I've been so busy with lots of stuff that I kind of forgot.. Christmas holidays coming up in a couple of weeks though, so bear with me. :wink:

No problem. :wink: I'm kinda busy myself--been studying for exams for a couple of weeks now, and I have another two and a half weeks to go, with the first ones coming up this week, so all I've been doing is eating, sleeping, studying, and going to class, so I can relate. Whenever you get to it, it's all good. :hug:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 16 Jan 2012, 00:06

First new fic of the New Year, guys! :hyper: Just a little character piece for Purdey that I was inspired to do by one of Dandy's graphics and a Killers lyric. It's called "I Hear That Good Girls Die" and a Killers lyric. You can find it here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7743950/1/

I hope you enjoy it. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Jan 2012, 00:13

So glad that you're back to writing again. :hug: I've missed Purdey and Gambit, I can tell you that. I love how you've made up characters (uncle Ellie) that I completely forget are fake when I read your stories.

Great job.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 16 Jan 2012, 00:21

Mara wrote:So glad that you're back to writing again. :hug: I've missed Purdey and Gambit, I can tell you that. I love how you've made up characters (uncle Ellie) that I completely forget are fake when I read your stories.

Great job.

Aw, thank you dear. :hug: I've kind of missed writing for them myself, though ironically now I'm back, I'm writing for Class Act which has no Purdey or Gambit at all! :lol: But once that's finished, I have a sequel to "Carbon Copy" in mind, and then I'm really, really hoping I can get back into the arc. Because the next story in it is THE Purdey/Gambit fic,the first idea I ever had, and the one that I wrote my first ever fanfic for. It needs rewriting (badly), and I want to get it right, which is why I keep procrastinating I suppose. But I'm really trying to get my thoughts together for it and make a concerted effort to finally get it done. Fingers crossed! :yes:

But until then, I'm easing myself back into the groove with shorter stories. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, though I have to confess that I can't take all the credit for Uncle Elly--he popped up in "Dirtier by the Dozen." I just use him shamelessly for my own ends. :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 10 Sep 2012, 18:13

I'm trying to get back into writing again. I meant to try and get back into the habit over the summer, but it didn't quite work out that way, though I did manage to finish two unfinished stories I had sitting on my hard drive, the first of which I've just started posting. It's called "The Favour", and it's on ff.net and AO3. I feel rather rusty, so I don't know quite how it turns out, but it does slot into my arc continuity in-between "Merry Christmas, Mr. Gambit" and "Brazil", and Emma has a rather large role in it, so it felt different to write. It kind of fleshes out Gambit and Emma's relationship, and shows why they're fairly close by "Brazil." Anyway, if you're interested, it's here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8512869/1/

I'll try to update it at reasonably regular intervals, but you know how school can be. Enjoy! :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 10 Feb 2013, 14:36

It's one of those predicaments where I haven't written much in awhile, but the one thing I have is piece of semi-smut, only because it's me, it's talky smut--more talky than smutty, to be honest. And half my brain thinks I ought to post it to ff.net for Valentine's, and the other half is absolutely terrified by the idea and wants to flee in the opposite direction. Angsting about your own writing--a fanfic tradition. :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers