Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Fan Videos

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 04 Apr 2009, 17:06

Re: Fan Videos

Philippa wrote:I'm still really annoyed that YouTube muted my fanvideo, and only because I used a Blondie song. I was so proud of my video because it turned out quite nicely. I'm not happy :sad:

I know, I noticed that. Bit of a pain, eh? But I tend not to get too upset because I know I'm playing with copyrighted stuff, and if I ever want to see more great music, I have to play by their rules. I was lucky to only get a warning and (from the sounds of things) limited access to my Killers video. Some music companies are touchier than others. Polydor, who does the Scissor Sisters, doesn't seem to care a jot. Funny old world.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 05 Apr 2009, 10:59

I know it's odd, isn't it. Because I've got tons of full Avengers episodes on my channel, including all TNA episodes, and nobody seems to care about that either.
But when I uploaded Joanna's Northern Lights documentary, I got an email from the production company asking me to remove it, within 2 or 3 days.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 05 Apr 2009, 13:55

I know, some companies don't seem to care while others are not to keen on people using their music.. I had made quite a nice F&S vs. Madonna video once, and the music was removed within ten minutes after uploading. Universal, ugh. :yuck:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 05 Apr 2009, 16:34

Ah, well, that's just how it goes. Be thankful for all the companies that don't care. :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 Apr 2009, 17:21

It occurs to me that I may as well link my channel in this thread for my TNA videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/timelessapeel

Hopefully I'll make some more this summer.

Thanks for the comment on "Something to Talk About," btw, Maartje. :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 Apr 2009, 17:39

Oh, so you've read my comment then? :d Well, I really did enjoy that particular video since it was all P/G focused... what more could I ask for?
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 15 Apr 2009, 05:35

Maartje wrote:Oh, so you've read my comment then? :d Well, I really did enjoy that particular video since it was all P/G focused... what more could I ask for?

You betcha! :grin: Thank you kindly. That video hasn't gotten much love considering it's my oldest--Kinky Boots is much more popular, and I don't think it's just Avengers fans watching it, either... :wink:

I'd wanted to make that video to that song for years--I had all the clips picked out in my mind and everything. And it's nice to have a Purdey/Gambit centric one, isn't it? No one else did one, and I just love the relationship. Maybe I'll have to think of another one and make it this summer.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 15 Apr 2009, 06:14

Oh yes, go for it! So the ''New'' Avengers might not have been (or are still) not as popular as the original show was, but who cares? It's still quality and fun to look at, and it's nice to see someone appreciate that with a great piece of fanvideo. :d
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 15 Apr 2009, 06:22

Maartje wrote:Oh yes, go for it! So the ''New'' Avengers might not have been (or are still) not as popular as the original show was, but who cares? It's still quality and fun to look at, and it's nice to see someone appreciate that with a great piece of fanvideo. :d

I've been a fan of TNA since 2001, and I remember the days when everyone just pretended it didn't exist and hurled abuse at pretty much everything about it except to say it launched Joanna (Gareth came in for the worst of it). Things are loads better now--most people say they like TNA, or are okay with it. There are some that still hate it, but everyone dislikes certain eras of the show. But it has always been underrepresented in the fandom, particularly fanfic, so I've been trying to fix that (and a few others have too). But either way, I'll keep playing, because I love the show. So definitely stay tuned for more fanvideos. I have ideas, I do. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2009, 06:01

Okay, not technically a fanvideo, but a trailer for TNA from a French channel. I must have watched this ten times in a row, pausing it loads of times to see all the pictures properly. I love the way they've edited it and coloured all the film. Oh, and the little cans labelled Gambit, Purdey, and Steed are just great. I love the French people who made this channel. :hyper:

Go here and scroll down to the bottom to download.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jun 2009, 06:48

Wow, that is amazing! Is has the typical Avengers appeal, but it just looks way more modern! Shame about Steed using his gun though, as he in the series hardly ever does. Thanks for the link!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2009, 06:52

Maartje wrote:Wow, that is amazing! Is has the typical Avengers appeal, but it just looks way more modern! Shame about Steed using his gun though, as he in the series hardly ever does. Thanks for the link!

I liked it because it was so colourful and they had so much going on--lots of pictures of each character, and then showing them together. It gives a real sense of the energy of the series and unity within the team. I loved it! Made my day, :hyper:
<<

Philippa

Post 25 Jun 2009, 08:55

Wow that was great, I really loved it! It's very well put together and as you said, very colourful :grin: :heart:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Jul 2009, 05:17

Well, many long evenings' work has finally produced my sixth fanvid. Yay! :hyper: I decided this time around I'd focus on Gambit for a change, since he still gets so little attention relative to Purdey. Having watched Blackpool and seen their brilliant piece to a certain song by the Clash, I decided it fit Gambit's not-unjustified frustration with Purdey's push/pull attitude toward him. But at the end of the day, I think we all know that he'll choose to stay. :wink:

More info in the comments on the video page. I hope you guys enjoy, and leave a comment if you do! :grin:

Without further ado:

Should I Stay? Being Mike Gambit
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Jul 2009, 16:42

Thanks for the comment, Maartje! :grin:
<<

Philippa

Post 31 Jul 2009, 17:43

Great video Timeless! I really really loved it!
So nice to see all these clips of Gambit, and I've always loved that song by The Clash, so it was perfect :grin:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Jul 2009, 17:48

Philippa wrote:Great video Timeless! I really really loved it!
So nice to see all these clips of Gambit, and I've always loved that song by The Clash, so it was perfect :grin:

Thanks Philippa! :grin: Just read your comment as well. I try really hard to choose songs I can match up with appropriate clips, and this worked with poor Mike's almost permanent state of frustration. But we know he loves Purdey, anyway, right? He just can't make himself leave. :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 31 Jul 2009, 21:48

Comment? Check! :d Another of your great videos Timeless, I love how you really take time to put together a great video. And it's nice to see some Gambit tribute for a change as well, good job!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 01 Aug 2009, 00:28

Maartje wrote:Comment? Check! :d Another of your great videos Timeless, I love how you really take time to put together a great video. And it's nice to see some Gambit tribute for a change as well, good job!

Thanks! My videos take ages because I only work on them a little at a time, and I have to source so many clips, but I'm usually happier with them in the end. Gambit needs some love, so I thought he deserved a video. Glad you enjoyed it. :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 09 Jan 2010, 22:17

Someone posted a little Purdey/Gambit (and touch of Steed) video yesterday. It's kind of cute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqoHDzT5c-M
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 19 Apr 2010, 11:16

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Well, many long evenings' work has finally produced my sixth fanvid. Yay! :hyper: I decided this time around I'd focus on Gambit for a change, since he still gets so little attention relative to Purdey. Having watched Blackpool and seen their brilliant piece to a certain song by the Clash, I decided it fit Gambit's not-unjustified frustration with Purdey's push/pull attitude toward him. But at the end of the day, I think we all know that he'll choose to stay. :wink:

More info in the comments on the video page. I hope you guys enjoy, and leave a comment if you do! :grin:

Without further ado:

That's fantastic, love the music. :happy:
I have left you a comment and I have subscribed to you as well. :hug:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 19 Apr 2010, 18:24

bexyshortcake wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Well, many long evenings' work has finally produced my sixth fanvid. Yay! :hyper: I decided this time around I'd focus on Gambit for a change, since he still gets so little attention relative to Purdey. Having watched Blackpool and seen their brilliant piece to a certain song by the Clash, I decided it fit Gambit's not-unjustified frustration with Purdey's push/pull attitude toward him. But at the end of the day, I think we all know that he'll choose to stay. :wink:

Without further ado:

That's fantastic, love the music. :happy:
I have left you a comment and I have subscribed to you as well. :hug:

Yes, I got your comment! Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked it. :hug:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 19 Apr 2010, 18:25

:grin: That is ok. :hug:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 May 2010, 19:49

I haven't made a fanvideo in a very long time, for a multitude of reasons that I won't get into here, but I thought it was time for another one. It took me awhile to settle on a song. There are so many I could use, but I have to be able to source suitable clips, and in some cases the scenes I'd need only exist in my mind. :lmao: After a false start or two, I finally settled on a track by David Cassidy, who I adore and you've probably heard me talk about more than once. He was huge in the seventies, and his songs are sweet and innocent for the most part. I really recommend him--if you've watched Life on Mars, you'll already know one of his, "How Can I Be Sure?", which Phyllis sways to at the end of one episode. He has loads of great tracks, and I had trouble choosing, but I finally went for "I'm Here, You're Here." It's Purdey/Gambit fluff naturally. :grin: I hope you enjoy. Maybe it'll get Maartje and Philippa through their exam blues. :hug:

You're the sweetest thing I ever saw...
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 May 2010, 21:08

Timeless A-Peel wrote:It's Purdey/Gambit fluff naturally. I hope you enjoy. Maybe it'll get Maartje and Philippa through their exam blues. :hug:

I did, big :smooch: for you! I've left you a little comment on Youtube as well - thank you for making and sharing another of your wonderful tributes. I know it can literally take up hours of time and that's why I had to stop making them, unfortunately.

Nice song choice this time again!
PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers