Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Fan Videos

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 May 2010, 21:21

Re: Fan Videos

I loved it Timeless! Excellent editing work as always, and the song fitted nicely too :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 27 May 2010, 21:32

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:It's Purdey/Gambit fluff naturally. I hope you enjoy. Maybe it'll get Maartje and Philippa through their exam blues. :hug:

I did, big :smooch: for you! I've left you a little comment on Youtube as well - thank you for making and sharing another of your wonderful tributes. I know it can literally take up hours of time and that's why I had to stop making them, unfortunately.

Nice song choice this time again!

Thank you, Maartje, both for the kind words here and the comment. :hug: I'm glad you like it. ^^ They do take a lot of time to do properly, which is why there's always a long gap between them, I suppose! :lol: I've been doing this instead of writing lately--not been feeling too inspired. But a little Purdey and Gambit clippage to some good music always helps. :thumb:

Glad you like the song, too. David's music is always so good. :wub:

Philippa wrote:I loved it Timeless! Excellent editing work as always, and the song fitted nicely too :grin:

Thanks, Philippa. :hug: I got your comment, too. I take a lot of time with the editing, so I'm always happy when people notice. :yes: Hopefully it brightened your day a little. :grin:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 28 May 2010, 10:05

I wish I could see the video but youtube says it has a Sony music content in it and isn't available in my country. I hate it when things like this happen :cry:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 May 2010, 16:50

LunaFive wrote:I wish I could see the video but youtube says it has a Sony music content in it and isn't available in my country. I hate it when things like this happen :cry:

Yeah, I got an e-mail about that--it's the song I used, they don't want it it Germany for some reason. I could upload it to megaupload or something if you want to watch it, though? :yes:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 May 2010, 17:33

Here you go, Britta! I've uploaded the fanvideo so you can watch, too. :grin:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYA52LA1

Hope you enjoy. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 28 May 2010, 19:15

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Thank you, Maartje, both for the kind words here and the comment. I'm glad you like it. ^^ They do take a lot of time to do properly, which is why there's always a long gap between them, I suppose! :lol: I've been doing this instead of writing lately--not been feeling too inspired.

I wouldn't have been able to tell. :wink: You've really spoilt us with all your stories and videos, so feel free to take a break from making both of them whenever you need to: I love rereading stuff and there's enough to keep us entertained for a while, haha.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 May 2010, 19:19

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Thank you, Maartje, both for the kind words here and the comment. I'm glad you like it. ^^ They do take a lot of time to do properly, which is why there's always a long gap between them, I suppose! :lol: I've been doing this instead of writing lately--not been feeling too inspired.

I wouldn't have been able to tell. :wink: You've really spoilt us with all your stories and videos, so feel free to take a break from making both of them whenever you need to: I love rereading stuff and there's enough to keep us entertained for a while, haha.

Aww, you're sweet. :hug: It was nice to make a new video, but I can see why I don't make them often--they take awhile! As for fic, I'm sort of pushing myself because I have a goal of getting certain stories done, but circumstances lately just haven't been conducive to writing. :hypnose: But I know I won't have much time for it in a few months, so I sort of want to get a little more in before school. But you may have to amuse yourself with rereads for a bit--the output may be pretty relaxed. :lol: But I'm not done yet, I promise you. :thumb:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 May 2010, 19:18

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yeah, I got an e-mail about that--it's the song I used, they don't want it it Germany for some reason. I could upload it to megaupload or something if you want to watch it, though?

Hope you enjoy. ^^

That's really strange, I wonder how often that kind of thing will happen in the future :crybaby:

Thank you for uploading it to megaupload, I really appreciate this.

The video is great, it must have been a lot of work and it shows that you really know in which episodes the good scenes are :thumb: Thanks for your effort and for sharing! :hug:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 29 May 2010, 19:26

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yeah, I got an e-mail about that--it's the song I used, they don't want it it Germany for some reason. I could upload it to megaupload or something if you want to watch it, though?

Hope you enjoy. ^^

That's really strange, I wonder how often that kind of thing will happen in the future :crybaby:

Thank you for uploading it to megaupload, I really appreciate this.

The video is great, it must have been a lot of work and it shows that you really know in which episodes the good scenes are :thumb: Thanks for your effort and for sharing! :hug:

It's all down the myriad of copyright laws--some stuff can't be viewed outside Britain or North America. If I'd chosen a different song, it probably wouldn't have mattered. It's a pain, but there's not much you can do.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, though. Yes, I've sort of got a mental index of every good Purdey/Gambit scene out there. Some of them are pretty well-worn this many videos in. :lmao: They still take ages, though, because I like to match the lyrics up to the pictures as best I can, so I find myself looking for shots of Gambit leaving rooms and stuff. Those are the less-fun bits. :lolol: Thank you for the kind words. :hug:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 May 2010, 15:54

Timeless A-Peel wrote:It's all down the myriad of copyright laws--some stuff can't be viewed outside Britain or North America. If I'd chosen a different song, it probably wouldn't have mattered. It's a pain, but there's not much you can do.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, though. Yes, I've sort of got a mental index of every good Purdey/Gambit scene out there. Some of them are pretty well-worn this many videos in. :lmao: They still take ages, though, because I like to match the lyrics up to the pictures as best I can, so I find myself looking for shots of Gambit leaving rooms and stuff. Those are the less-fun bits. :lolol: Thank you for the kind words. :hug:

I think the internet get's more complicated all the time. I tried to watch another video on Youtube today, something about Vanessa Redgrave but they said it had a content from Soapnet and therefore I wasn't allowed to watch it. And then they wonder why people share it in torrent forums (which I don't do, I prefer even to pay).
Anyway, you really must have watched these episodes over and over to get all these great scenes into one video. It's really sad that there have been only 2 seasons - I liked the show a lot. Well, I am definately going to put that Joanna-Patrick shot in a picture frame when I'm re-decorating in a few weeks.
Have a nice Sunday!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 30 May 2010, 17:16

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:It's all down the myriad of copyright laws--some stuff can't be viewed outside Britain or North America. If I'd chosen a different song, it probably wouldn't have mattered. It's a pain, but there's not much you can do.

I think the internet get's more complicated all the time. I tried to watch another video on Youtube today, something about Vanessa Redgrave but they said it had a content from Soapnet and therefore I wasn't allowed to watch it. And then they wonder why people share it in torrent forums (which I don't do, I prefer even to pay).
Anyway, you really must have watched these episodes over and over to get all these great scenes into one video. It's really sad that there have been only 2 seasons - I liked the show a lot. Well, I am definately going to put that Joanna-Patrick shot in a picture frame when I'm re-decorating in a few weeks.
Have a nice Sunday!

I don't mind paying, either, but I understand when certain sites restrict their content to a certain country--the BBC to Britain, the CBC to Canada--since in both cases it's been paid for by the taxpayer, and thus there's no real reason why it should be given to others for free. There has to be a profit somewhere after all, if we want things to continue, so I tend to accept copyright law and try not to abuse/exploit DVDs and such--just sharing them within the forum confines, for example. But it can be a pain.

I think I must have seen the TNA episodes several dozen times--there's a reason I haven't watched any Avengers for awhile--they need a rest. :lmao: So yes, I know them pretty well and where to find the good stuff. :wink: I dearly wish we'd had more seasons, too--a real crying shame they had so many funding problems. :no:

Happy decorating! :grin:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 May 2010, 13:09

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I think I must have seen the TNA episodes several dozen times--there's a reason I haven't watched any Avengers for awhile--they need a rest. :lmao: So yes, I know them pretty well and where to find the good stuff. :wink: I dearly wish we'd had more seasons, too--a real crying shame they had so many funding problems. :no:

O M G - several dozen times? This is amazing, I'm in awe, really. I have a few episodes from several series' I like to watch again and again, but several dozen times? No, I cannot compare to that. :worship:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 May 2010, 17:09

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I think I must have seen the TNA episodes several dozen times--there's a reason I haven't watched any Avengers for awhile--they need a rest. :lmao: So yes, I know them pretty well and where to find the good stuff. :wink: I dearly wish we'd had more seasons, too--a real crying shame they had so many funding problems. :no:

O M G - several dozen times? This is amazing, I'm in awe, really. I have a few episodes from several series' I like to watch again and again, but several dozen times? No, I cannot compare to that. :worship:

Ha, ha, well, I've been a TNA fan since 2001, and an Avengers fan since '98, and for awhile there I watched them pretty steadily, Emma and TNA especially, so yes, those episodes I've watched over and over and over, literally dozens and dozens of times (as opposed to Cathy, some of whose episodes I've only seen once and will be rectifying with the DVDs). That's part of the reason that I've taken such a long break from watching Avengers stories--years, really--until recently (and then it's been Cathy), and discovering other shows, because I was sort of Avengered out. :lol: So yes, I'm pretty familiar with TNA's stories. I've dissected and analyzed and pulled out all the good bits. I've had a lot of fun with it. When I go back to watch them properly again, I'm hoping they'll be fresh again. Some of my less-favoured episodes I've actually forgotten a bit, which will make them seem new when I go to watch. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 31 May 2010, 22:03

Haha, I definitely can't cannot touch your Avengers knowledge Timeless, but just to let you now you're not an odd one out: I've watched AbFab for several dozen times too. I pretty much stopped counting after 20. :lolol: Obviously I've never watched my TNA DVDs for so many times, but I fear I might surrender to another fandom now I've got the box set.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 May 2010, 22:11

Mara wrote:Haha, I definitely can't cannot touch your Avengers knowledge Timeless, but just to let you now you're not an odd one out: I've watched AbFab for several dozen times too. I pretty much stopped counting after 20. :lolol: Obviously I've never watched my TNA DVDs for so many times, but I fear I might surrender to another fandom now I've got the box set.

Ha, ha, I kinda figured you'd hit AbFab quite a few times, which is why I defer to you (and Philippa) on all canonical matters. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching a show you love a lot--you can't really pick up all the nuances after just a couple viewings. I still find new stuff in the Avengers and TNA to this day, so many watches later. I hope you do the same with your box set. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Jun 2010, 05:31

I agree with you, I think the more you watch an episode the more details you get and it's just fun discovering new things or watch funny scenes over and over. That's what I did with "Murphy Brown" they had some hilarious funny episodes and whenever I felt blue or in the mood for that I watched some of these episodes. Great healing power :thumb:
But I still cannot compete with you here, neither with AbFab nor with TNA. I need to watch "Saffire" next, so no time to re-watch TNA in the near furture :shock:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 01 Jun 2010, 16:47

LunaFive wrote:I agree with you, I think the more you watch an episode the more details you get and it's just fun discovering new things or watch funny scenes over and over. That's what I did with "Murphy Brown" they had some hilarious funny episodes and whenever I felt blue or in the mood for that I watched some of these episodes. Great healing power :thumb:
But I still cannot compete with you here, neither with AbFab nor with TNA. I need to watch "Saffire" next, so no time to re-watch TNA in the near furture :shock:

TNA is great fun to rewatch because the three character dynamic means that even if two of them are talking, if you keep an eye on the third, they're usually doing something interesting or funny, particularly if it's Gareth! :wink: He does a lot of stuff in the background which you only notice if you're going through it a repeat time and don't have to pay attention to the plot--you need to not have to worry about what's being said all the time.

I have a few years on you for TNA, though, so I wouldn't worry about matching me. :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Jun 2010, 18:47

I could never match you, but I definately will try to re-watch TNG ASAP. It sure sounds interesting what you wrote about all the background action - which I usually don't pay attention to when I'm watching something the first time.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 01 Jun 2010, 18:56

LunaFive wrote:I could never match you, but I definately will try to re-watch TNG ASAP. It sure sounds interesting what you wrote about all the background action - which I usually don't pay attention to when I'm watching something the first time.

Exactly. The first time you're trying to follow the plot, so you can't pay attention to all the other little things going on--looks, actions, etc. As I said, because there are three of them, and they don't neccessarily all talk to one another at the same time, there's one of them often in the background that's not the focus of attention, and even though they're not the focus of the action, they're still acting--they have facial expressions and shared glances and little fun bits that you can catch if you look anywhere but the action. Gareth especially does a lot of this--a fun game is to just follow Gambit as you watch, no matter what's going on, and see what he does. If he's with Joanna it's even funner, as they exchange a lot of glances. She'll do things as well. So yes, definitely give it a look and pay attention to stuff outside the main action--there's stuff to see. ^^
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 21 Oct 2010, 02:27

Been meaning to post this one for awhile now. AdrianaDiVolpe, a kind lady who has reviewed my fics on more than one occasion, has put together a little Purdey plus Gambit fanvideo, set to Tom Jones' "She's a Lady" (a song I've considered using for an Avengers girls video on more than one occasion). It's quite enjoyable, so I thought I'd pass it along. :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6rSENwmeTs
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Oct 2010, 06:53

That's really a nice video, thanks for sharing!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 21 Oct 2010, 09:41

I'm not a huge Jones fan, but this is cute. ^^ Thanks for posting!
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 21 Oct 2010, 10:54

I like it - thank you.
I used the same music for my latest Jen video !! :lolol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 21 Oct 2010, 16:36

bexyshortcake wrote:I like it - thank you.

It's a great song, so I'm not surprised. Like I said, I've toyed with using it as a video for all the Avengers girls, but I've been beaten to it. :lol:

Glad everyone enjoyed. :grin:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 21 Oct 2010, 18:46

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
bexyshortcake wrote:I like it - thank you.

It's a great song, so I'm not surprised. Like I said, I've toyed with using it as a video for all the Avengers girls, but I've been beaten to it. :lol:

Glad everyone enjoyed. :grin:

It is a very good song, i'm sure that there is still enough room for video as well. :hug: You might be able to find a remix of the song or something. :happy:
PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers