Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Favourite special

Favourite special

The Last Shout
30%
Gay
10%
Cold Turkey
60%
White Box
No votes
Comic Relief Special
No votes

Total votes : 10
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Dec 2009, 16:57

Favourite special

And last but not least, a poll for your favourite AbFab special :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Sophie

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 20 Dec 2009, 17:10

Re: Favourite special

Gay by far!!!! just coz we finally meet serge, and NY fashion week :D
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 20 Dec 2009, 17:12

Cold Turkey - my favourite AbFab episode ever. One of the many joys of Christmas is that I get to watch this special again. :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Dec 2009, 17:56

Cold Turkey for me as well, though Gay makes a very good 2nd choice.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 20 Dec 2009, 18:16

Cold Turkey. I love it. <3 but the Last shout was close behind because it was the first one that I ever watched. But it had to be Cold Turkey because of Eddie and Patsy in the hosipital part. :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Dec 2009, 18:34

I agree that Gay would make a good second, but I wonder if anyone's going to vote for White Box. I don't often say this, but I wish they had not done that one. It felt like Jennifer was felt up with the whole thing, and it ruined the CT magic for me.
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Dec 2009, 20:58

White Box does have its funny moments, but it's nowhere near as good as any of the other specials, or the regular episodes for that matter.

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Dec 2009, 21:08

Mara wrote:I wonder if anyone's going to vote for White Box. I don't often say this, but I wish they had not done that one. It felt like Jennifer was felt up with the whole thing, and it ruined the CT magic for me.

I agree 100%. I loved Cold Turkey and added it to my annual Christmas viewing until I saw White Box, which totally shattered it for me. It just made out that all of the characters were set up for depressing and/or shallow lives, totally unwinding all the goodwill created by Cold Turkey--there was hope there. There was no hope in White Box. A real mistake. :no:
<<

lauraa

Target

Post 21 Dec 2009, 10:26

Ive gone for The Last Shout - I love everything about that episdoe, especially the wedding (Patsy turning up in black :lol: ) But ColdTurkey is my second choice because the hospital scene is so sweet :wub:
<<

Georgia

Donkey

Post 22 Dec 2009, 04:26

I chose Cold Turkey just because we had that gorgeous part between Eddy and Patsy in the hospital...plus the sort of sweet part between Patsy and Saffy. Beyond that, it was just a really great show overall. Gay was a very, very, very close second though.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 22 Dec 2009, 12:08

GypsyBlueEyes wrote:I chose Cold Turkey just because we had that gorgeous part between Eddy and Patsy in the hospital...

Exactly my reason for picking Cold Turkey too. :wink: I watched it the other day again, brilliant! (Christmas time, great excuse to rewatch the X-mas specials of all your favourite TV shows)

Some caps of the precious moment:

*turns into puddle of Jen/Jo sweetness* :faint:
<<

Philippa

Post 22 Dec 2009, 12:20

Very cute!
And Julia's face in the first picture is hilarious :lol:

<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 22 Jul 2010, 08:37

I think that I want to change my mind from having having Cold Turkey to The Last Shout as my favourite.
Every time that I watch The Last Shout I always spot something new or hear something that they said that I never heard them say and it just make's me love it even more.
I love everything that happen's in it !! The part where Patsy wake's up and she is just a total mess, the gym part, where Eddie & Patsy smash up there holiday apartment, the whole planning for the wedding and where Patsy goes up to the bathroom and then the wedding itself. Haha yeah so I basically love it all !!
The Last Shout was the first Absolutely Fabulous that I ever watched so I am always going to have love for it.
I also love the outtake's for it too and it is a two parter which make's it even more fantastic !!
I still love Cold Turkey but I feel that The Last Shout is over running it. :happy: :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 22 Jul 2010, 14:35

That's interesting, Becka! The Last Shout has always been my least favourite episode - it does have some great moments but I generally don't like the ''vibe'' of it. (yes, I'm aware this does sound very Patsyish hihi) I think part of that feeling comes from the way Saffy is treated in this episode: I never liked the Paulo figure and I felt rather sorry for her. Cold Turkey, on the other hand, was just one feel good special, showing just a little touch of kindness between Pats and Saffy.

I've changed the poll now, you can now change your vote. :wink:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 22 Jul 2010, 15:13

Aww thank you, I never knew that you could do that. :hug: Thank you.

Ohh I quite like the Paulo figure, aww yeah I forgot about the Saffy and Patsy hug. :lolol:

Return to Absolutely Fabulous