Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Forum troubles have finally been SOLVED!

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 06 Oct 2011, 16:49

Forum troubles have finally been SOLVED!

I'm more than pleased to announce that, as you may have noticed, Philippa and I finally managed to restore the boards, categories and subboards! :hyper:

After all these months, everything should be back to normal and things should work properly again! Some board names and categories have changed, and we deleted some of the subboards because we were advised to do so by Freeforums. The boards in the category 'Joanna Lumley' are listed alphabetically now.

As for the loss of topics: we've managed to move pretty much everything, but in case you're wondering why some topics have gone missing anyway:
- Some download topics have gone. Most of the links in those topics had expired anyway, except for the audio books, which we couldn't save. It'd be great if everyone could re-upload as many audio files as possible!
- The tutorials and contests have gone. We have no idea why, but whilst we were moving everything, an error occurred. We're sorry to everyone who contributed to this board by writing tutorials! (however, we'd appreciate it a lot if you would either write a new one or upload the old text)
- The AbFab picture threads are gone. All photos should now be posted in the 'Picture Gallery' board.

All in all I think we did pretty Ok, without losing too much stuff. In case you miss any of the old boards or topics: don't hesitate to either ask or create them yourself! :thumb:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 06 Oct 2011, 17:01

Re: Forum troubles have finally been SOLVED!

IT LIVES! :hyper:

What a lovely surprise to check in and see the forum back to normal. Much-deserved kudos to our moderators for all their efforts. Fabulous work, ladies! :hug:

I feel like I should write fic or something to commemorate this achievement. :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 06 Oct 2011, 17:44

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I feel like I should write fic or something to commemorate this achievement. :grin:

That would be amazing! :hug:

By the way, I fixed the missing download button too, I think. Apparently Freeforums changed that as well when they ''upgraded'' their system to a new version. VIP members should be able to download topics again. :wink:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 06 Oct 2011, 17:57

Welcome back.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 06 Oct 2011, 17:57

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I feel like I should write fic or something to commemorate this achievement. :grin:

By the way, I fixed the missing download button too, I think. Apparently Freeforums changed that as well when they ''upgraded'' their system to a new version. VIP members should be able to download topics again. :wink:

I shall think on it. It may be a short bit, but I'm sure I can cook up something... :whistle:

I shall look for the download button. I know there was one that went AWOL--that would explain it! ^^
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 06 Oct 2011, 18:29

Congratulations to you both, this is great news! :hyper:

The forum really looks tidied up now. To be honest, when I just clicked on the first page, I thought "OMG, what's going on as EVERY topic was red!", I thought that maybe someone was very talkative. I'm just glad that everything is back to normal. As for the audio books, I sure would like to help but I'm not sure WHERE I should upload them. Rapidshare just deleted everything because I didn't pay them anymore and I don't want to upload these books every 2 months or so. Any suggestions?
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 06 Oct 2011, 18:39

Thank everyone. :grin: Yes, all the topics appear as unread because we've moved them all. Just click the 'mark everything as read' button in the top right corner of the index and you should be fine.

LunaFive wrote:As for the audio books, I sure would like to help but I'm not sure WHERE I should upload them. Rapidshare just deleted everything because I didn't pay them anymore and I don't want to upload these books every 2 months or so. Any suggestions?

I totally understand where you're coming from - let me think.. I think most of the old, regular members did download the audio books when you first uploaded them, so it seems a bit silly to start all over again with these topics. Let's just say that new members, if they want to have them, should post a request and then perhaps, some of us might be able to help.

Also cleared out the VIP group - some people have not been online in 1,5 years! Sorry. If you want to be in again, start posting. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 06 Oct 2011, 19:47

Maartje wrote:

Look what I knocked together while listening to Bryan Ferry sing about Facebook (fittingly): :whistle:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10xA ... t?hl=en_US

Must actually do work now. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 06 Oct 2011, 21:03

Aaaannndddd we're back! It was a big mess, but luckily we were able to save most of it, and make the forum look decent again :grin: Thanks to you all for being so understanding, we really appreciate it!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 06 Oct 2011, 21:32

Philippa wrote:Aaaannndddd we're back! It was a big mess, but luckily we were able to save most of it, and make the forum look decent again :grin: Thanks to you all for being so understanding, we really appreciate it!

We appreciate your hard work, too. :hug: Everything looks good now, and yay for being able to save most of it. :hyper:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Oct 2011, 06:19

No thank YOU for doing that for us ! :hug:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 07 Oct 2011, 09:41

LunaFive wrote:As for the audio books, I sure would like to help but I'm not sure WHERE I should upload them. Rapidshare just deleted everything because I didn't pay them anymore and I don't want to upload these books every 2 months or so. Any suggestions?

By the way, if any of you wants to upload files: please use Megaupload. Rapidshare should now be paid for and contains a lot of spam/virussen, and Sendspace links expire within weeks. However, links to Megaupload files usually work at least 3 months, sometimes even longer when the link is frequently used. :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Oct 2011, 10:37

Maartje wrote:

By the way, if any of you wants to upload files: please use Megaupload. Rapidshare should now be paid for and contains a lot of spam/virussen, and Sendspace links expire within weeks. However, links to Megaupload files usually work at least 3 months, sometimes even longer when the link is frequently used. :wink:

Thanks for the info. Done with Girl Friday audio book - the only one I had on my office computer :whistle: - more to come
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 09 Oct 2011, 17:58

Seems like we can finally create (sub)boards without having to worry about stuff that starts moving again... There's your board, Britta. :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Oct 2011, 18:29

Maartje wrote:Seems like we can finally create (sub)boards without having to worry about stuff that starts moving again... There's your board, Britta. :wink:

Oh this is great news! Thanks, Maartje! :hyper:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 22 Nov 2011, 00:07

Now that the forum is (almost) back to normal again, I was wondering if there's any board that you guys perhaps would like to see added by us?

Return to Helpdesk