Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

General Class Act talk!

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2012, 14:14

Re: General Class Act talk!

Philippa wrote:It's a real shame. I would have loved to see some outtakes of Class Act. I bet they would've been hilarious :lol:

I have no idea, of course. It's just my guess that no one at the time would have thought there was any point in hanging onto them--they didn't know DVD was just around the corner.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2012, 14:40

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Philippa wrote:It's a real shame. I would have loved to see some outtakes of Class Act. I bet they would've been hilarious :lol:

I have no idea, of course. It's just my guess that no one at the time would have thought there was any point in hanging onto them--they didn't know DVD was just around the corner.

Yes, but even a few from M.A.S.H. did excist for example, so I'm pretty sure they have it somewhere! I wouldn't care about the quality as long as I would be able to see some at all. :happy:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2012, 14:44

Over the years many things get lost, unfortunately. Up until quite recently things just weren't as well preserved as they are now, which is a shame. There are so many shows of which I would love to see bloopers and uncut material. Imagine outtakes from TNA for instance, wouldn't that have been amazing? :squee:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2012, 15:13

Philippa wrote:Over the years many things get lost, unfortunately. Up until quite recently things just weren't as well preserved as they are now, which is a shame. There are so many shows of which I would love to see bloopers and uncut material. Imagine outtakes from TNA for instance, wouldn't that have been amazing? :squee:

I would pay an indecent sum of money to see TNA outtakes--that would be possibly the most awesome thing ever. :dance: Just the thought of seeing Gareth, Joanna, and Patrick screwing up, cursing (we know Patrick and Joanna do--I get the funny feeling an ex-sailor like Gareth knew some pretty colourful vocabulary :lol: ), and then laughing like loons makes me want to bounce around uncontrollably. I'd particularly love to see Gareth and Joanna doing scenes like the one in Faces where he was pinching her butt and stuff--I'll bet they had a hard time shooting those. :lmao:

As for Class Act, of course it's always possible stuff is socked away somewhere. But like Philippa said, they haven't been preserving TV the way they do now for very long--they used to wipe tapes, sadly! It's just that CA wasn't a major series the way things like AbFab and MASH are, so the chances of them treating it with less respect are pretty high. That said, there are trailers for the show floating around on youtube, and yet they never put those on the sets, so who knows what there is out there?

I wonder if there was anything in Verity Lambert's estate about it? She may have had something in storage that could have been uncovered after she died.
Previous

Return to Class Act