Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

General Class Act talk!

<<

CurlyWurly

Target

Post 02 Sep 2010, 01:08

Re: Class Act

Gah this thread makes me want to dig out the dodgy Region 1 release I have & re-watch it. Loved this series & remember watching it when it first aired. It is strange that it's never been repeated anywhere since - you would think ITV3 would be an ideal place for it !
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 02 Sep 2010, 22:21

Give it time and I think it will be!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Louise

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 04 Sep 2010, 08:47

Just ordered my box set :squee:
'and I happen to like marshmallows....!'
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 07 Sep 2010, 11:11

Congratulations Louise! :wink:

CurlyWurly wrote:It is strange that it's never been repeated anywhere since - you would think ITV3 would be an ideal place for it !

Oh, absolutely, though it does appear to be popular with Amazon running out of copies so soon already. I'm so glad I've bought this series on DVD, it's a great add to my Lumley collection. :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Sep 2010, 11:43

Yeah, me too, I'm re-watching it, every night one episode (so it will last longer) and it's just so funny - especially when Kate is cursing! :lmao:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 07 Sep 2010, 16:04

^ ^ ^ ^ That's the way to do it. :lolol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Sep 2010, 16:44

Yeah, I can't wait for my daily ration. I'm in a really bad mood today, don't feel good etc. I need a dosage of Kate Smith, maybe she can help :wink:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 07 Sep 2010, 17:48

LunaFive wrote:Yeah, I can't wait for my daily ration. I'm in a really bad mood today, don't feel good etc. I need a dosage of Kate Smith, maybe she can help :wink:

Aww - hope that Kate make's your day better. :wink: :happy:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 08 Sep 2010, 00:27

Can't wait to watch this when I get back!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 09 Sep 2010, 23:11

Maartje wrote:Congratulations Louise! :wink:

CurlyWurly wrote:It is strange that it's never been repeated anywhere since - you would think ITV3 would be an ideal place for it !

Oh, absolutely, though it does appear to be popular with Amazon running out of copies so soon already. I'm so glad I've bought this series on DVD, it's a great add to my Lumley collection. :lol:

Amazon didn't stock any to begin with, remember--they're all resales from people who bought from Network--so it's no surprise they're almost out. I wish Network would give us some sales figures themselves. ^^

bexyshortcake wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Yeah, I can't wait for my daily ration. I'm in a really bad mood today, don't feel good etc. I need a dosage of Kate Smith, maybe she can help :wink:

Aww - hope that Kate make's your day better. :wink: :happy:

Me, too. Class Act always makes me happy--especially Jack. I root for the underdog. I hope it makes you feel better, too. :hug:

(Kate's last name is Swift, btw. :wink: )
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Sep 2010, 01:41

Amazon did stock, that's where I got mine from!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Sep 2010, 05:53

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Me, too. Class Act always makes me happy--especially Jack. I root for the underdog. I hope it makes you feel better, too. :hug:

Yeah, I realized that later about the name - but by then I was already laying in bed :lmao:

And it did make me feel better, I always have a huge smile on my face when I watch this show, it's just too funny. :lmao:

:hug:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Sep 2010, 17:26

Isn't it great!? One of the best.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Sep 2010, 18:10

Yes, definately one of the best ever!!!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 11 Sep 2010, 21:29

JackieO wrote:Amazon did stock, that's where I got mine from!

It appears they are now. They weren't a little while ago, though. Network does that sometimes--for awhile their stuff is exclusive to them, and then eventually Amazon picks it up. :wink:

LunaFive wrote:

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Me, too. Class Act always makes me happy--especially Jack. I root for the underdog. I hope it makes you feel better, too. :hug:

Yeah, I realized that later about the name - but by then I was already laying in bed :lmao:

And it did make me feel better, I always have a huge smile on my face when I watch this show, it's just too funny. :lmao:

:hug:

That's good to hear. It's such an unloved gem. May it get more attention now. :grin:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Sep 2010, 08:01

Watched 2 episodes of CA yesterday and noticed for the first time that Joanna was mentioning "The New Avengers" in one of them. I wonder if that was her idea :roll:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 13 Sep 2010, 19:15

LunaFive wrote:Watched 2 episodes of CA yesterday and noticed for the first time that Joanna was mentioning "The New Avengers" in one of them. I wonder if that was her idea :roll:

I don't think the cast has got much to do with the actual script - I think it was just one of the writers who thought it would be a nice insiders-joke. There are more references to TNA in Class Act though, surely they must have been fans. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 13 Sep 2010, 23:05

Maartje wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Watched 2 episodes of CA yesterday and noticed for the first time that Joanna was mentioning "The New Avengers" in one of them. I wonder if that was her idea :roll:

I don't think the cast has got much to do with the actual script - I think it was just one of the writers who thought it would be a nice insiders-joke. There are more references to TNA in Class Act though, surely they must have been fans. :lol:

There are two TNA in-jokes and one Avengers one, so yeah, I think someone on the writing staff was a fan and wanted to slip those in. If Jennifer Saunders can do it, why can't they? :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 14 Sep 2010, 06:13

It's nice to know that at least some of the writers saw her other stuff was well. These people have a good taste in TV shows :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 Sep 2010, 07:29

Timeless A-Peel wrote:If Jennifer Saunders can do it, why can't they? :lol:

Clever Jen. :grin: I sometimes doubt if Joanna gets half of the references made to shows she's been in, though this one's fairly obvious. :lol: (not that I expect her to remember all her lines from over the past 20 years, but some of them...)

Aaaanyway, it seems like we'll have a Class Act added to the forum soon, so you better start thinking of good items for topics. :brows:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 14 Sep 2010, 10:04

I really need to get this boxset and I will !! :happy: :happy:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 14 Sep 2010, 15:16

Yay, add it to the forum!

Had a flick through some of the DVDs today, it's great to have it and it takes some space off my hard drive!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 16 Sep 2010, 02:27

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:If Jennifer Saunders can do it, why can't they? :lol:

Clever Jen. :grin: I sometimes doubt if Joanna gets half of the references made to shows she's been in, though this one's fairly obvious. :lol: (not that I expect her to remember all her lines from over the past 20 years, but some of them...)

Aaaanyway, it seems like we'll have a Class Act added to the forum soon, so you better start thinking of good items for topics. :brows:

I will when I climb out from underneath all my reading. :tongue:

The TNA references are pretty obvious, so I think Joanna wouldn't have any problems remembering them. Random lines from Target would probably be another matter. :lmao:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Sep 2010, 10:33

It's so great to have this on DVD!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Sep 2010, 12:38

Yesterday I meant I understood that Katie said something like "I'll have to reactivate Purdey...", can someone confirm that? It was the episode with the elderly people who were supposed to be been relocated.
PreviousNext

Return to Class Act