Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

General forum updates

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Mar 2010, 23:24

Re: General forum updates

Philippa wrote:Right, I've picked Class Act for now, just to be different. My decision is very likely to change though :lol:

Mara wrote:Oh by the way, if anyone's got some more suggestions for series? I think I've listed the most important shows, but tips are always welcome.

The 'Nimble bread advert'? :lolol:

I was half-tempted to go with Class Act, but my TNA love is too strong. We need a second-favourite slot. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Apr 2010, 13:34

As you might have noticed, there's now a new sub-forum in the 'other work' section called 'documentaries'. So any chatter related to the many fabulous documentaries that Joanna has made can go there ^^

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 01 Apr 2010, 14:30

Ok, thank you. :hug: :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 01 Apr 2010, 14:32

Nice add sweetie! :hug:

Oh by the way, I've changed some of the settings so that users are now able to change their own user names. Please don't change your user name too often because getting to know people would get rather hard that way, but I suppose you guys had already figured that out.
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 01 Apr 2010, 15:15

Mara wrote:Thanks girls! There's one more fancy add: you can now enter your favourite Joanna show in the user control panel. When opening your profile page by clicking on your user name, it will pop up. :wink:

Mine did not work last time so I redone it just now and it work's. I think it is good to see what every-one like's the best. :grouphug: :happy:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 16 Apr 2010, 23:06

Where is It's Awfully Bad For Your Eyes Darling? :cry:

Seriously, I've just found this. Good addition.
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 16 Apr 2010, 23:25

I never knew that your's was ' Sensitive Skin ' Mara, I like it. :hug: :happy:
<<

Philippa

Post 16 Apr 2010, 23:26

Avengerdan wrote:Where is It's Awfully Bad For Your Eyes Darling? :cry:

Seriously, I've just found this. Good addition.

I could add it to the list for you if you like :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Apr 2010, 23:58

bexyshortcake wrote:I never knew that your's was ' Sensitive Skin ' Mara, I like it. :hug: :happy:

Well, to be really honest, my favourite Joanna show is still AbFab. I do love Sensitive Skin though and as I keep rewatching my DVDs over and over again, I thought it would be a nice to not pick AbFab for once. It's one of the most beautiful and touching series I have ever seen and I think everyone should watch it, so I hope this helps to spread the fandom haha. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 17 Apr 2010, 00:20

Mara wrote:
bexyshortcake wrote:I never knew that your's was ' Sensitive Skin ' Mara, I like it. :hug: :happy:

Well, to be really honest, my favourite Joanna show is still AbFab. I do love Sensitive Skin though and as I keep rewatching my DVDs over and over again, I thought it would be a nice to not pick AbFab for once. It's one of the most beautiful and touching series I have ever seen and I think everyone should watch it, so I hope this helps to spread the fandom haha. :lol:

That's why I chose Class Act, just to be different :lol:
AbFab is still my first love though :wub:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Apr 2010, 00:21

Philippa wrote:AbFab is still my first love though :wub:

Everyone's favourite show here is probably AbFab. Well, except for Timeless perhaps. :whistle:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Apr 2010, 00:25

Mara wrote:
Philippa wrote:AbFab is still my first love though :wub:

Everyone's favourite show here is probably AbFab. Well, except for Timeless perhaps. :whistle:

Um, yeah, I think that's pretty obvious. :lol: I just love TNA (and not just because of Gareth), and I like to give it as much support as I can. If I didn't choose it, though, Class Act would be my next choice. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Apr 2010, 20:57

You might have noticed that the spy bots are back on the forum because I decided to active them again. I noticed a while ago (when I still had the bots activated) that the forum appeared on page one of Google's hits and since I've switched them off, we're back on page three. I've only activated a few (so they won't slow down the forum much) so just that you know.
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 19 Apr 2010, 10:45

Mara wrote:

Ohh right, that's lovely. :hug: :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 02 May 2010, 16:05

As you can see we've added another board to the media section, one for audio books this time. So, keep it or get it back to what it was before?
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 02 May 2010, 16:07

Keep it, its easier to find stuff when it's divided in to sections!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 02 May 2010, 16:08

That's a great idea. :grin:
More organised and easier to find. :grouphug:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 02 May 2010, 18:54

Keep it, I think it's a great idea and now I know where to put my next files :thumb:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 03 May 2010, 13:16

LunaFive wrote:Keep it, I think it's a great idea and now I know where to put my next files :thumb:

You've uploaded so many audio books lately that Philippa and I both agreed that it would be a good idea to create a separated section. Thanks for your replies sweeties. :hug:
<<

Philippa

Post 19 May 2010, 22:58

An 8th forum rule has been added here. I would kindly request all members to read it (and the other rules) carefully. :thanks:

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Jul 2010, 12:16

I was wondering, did you change something with the forum style? I just logged into another computer (where I have been posting from before) and I got a different first page with lot's of informations like who's posted the most, latest topics (but they were rather old) etc. I NEVER had this page before. Did you change something or was the forum just acting up? :huh:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 21 Jul 2010, 12:19

LunaFive wrote:I was wondering, did you change something with the forum style? I just logged into another computer (where I have been posting from before) and I got a different first page with lot's of informations like who's posted the most, latest topics (but they were rather old) etc. I NEVER had this page before. Did you change something or was the forum just acting up? :huh:

Yes, that's Freeforums' newest add called ''Portal'' which they want us to experiment with. When you're logged, you can access this portal by clicking on the option in the menu but I didn't know it popped up as a home page too. I'll try to switch it off. :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Jul 2010, 12:38

Well, strangely enough just now it did not pop up - unless you already deactivated it. But thanks for letting me know. I had some problems with this PC and just got my colleague to take a look at it, now I'm glad it's not the computer.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 21 Jul 2010, 12:41

LunaFive wrote:Well, strangely enough just now it did not pop up - unless you already deactivated it. But thanks for letting me know. I had some problems with this PC and just got my colleague to take a look at it, now I'm glad it's not the computer.

No, it's not your computer: I did just switch it off. Freeforums are renewing their websites so I expect more changes will be made to the forum's layout and options in the future.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Jul 2010, 12:48

I see. That can be interesting, let's hope they will change it for the better (if necessary at all).
PreviousNext

Return to What's new