Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

General Jennifer talk

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 10 Dec 2011, 13:28

Re: General Jennifer talk

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Mara wrote:Haha yes, well I'm pretty sure there is a way to save the file directly from your browser, but I just haven't found it yet. :lol: But there is one thing mission on a Mac: the cut (as in cut and paste) function. Very annoying.

No cut and paste either? Horrors! You're reaffirming my PC love. :lol:

Oh no, the copy/paste function works but there isn't a cut function so you have to delete the file after you've copied it. You get used to it though. :wink: (I'd never want to go back to a PC now actually)

Ah, I see. Well, as long as it works one way or another, it's all good. :thumb:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Dec 2011, 15:11

New article about Jennifer in the Telegraph: Jennifer speaks about her depression following cancer. I think it's so brave of her to speak about it openly.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Dec 2011, 19:38

Philippa wrote:New article about Jennifer in the Telegraph: Jennifer speaks about her depression following cancer. I think it's so brave of her to speak about it openly.

I agree with you on that, when I read the article last week, I thought "I could not speak that open if it would be me", so I have even more respect for her now. Let's hope that this medicine will work and that some day she won't need any of it anymore! :thumb:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 08 Jan 2012, 00:45

I don't know about you guys, but from the moment I saw 'Job' I've had this song stuck in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bPMmNQ3 ... re=related

It's so catchy - they should release a single! :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 08 Jan 2012, 13:11

Haha yes they should release it, that'd be hilarious. I'd buy it :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 08 Jan 2012, 15:08

Me too! :whistle:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Jan 2012, 15:57

Apparently someone's writing an unauthorised biography of Jennifer at the moment: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jennifer-Saunde ... 6GT0FIX6IF

I doubt if she'll be pleased with this book. Joanna's was full of crap, tear-jerking stories so this will be interesting..
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Jan 2012, 16:20

Mara wrote:Apparently someone's writing an unauthorised biography of Jennifer at the moment: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jennifer-Saunde ... 6GT0FIX6IF

I doubt if she'll be pleased with this book. Joanna's was full of crap, tear-jerking stories so this will be interesting..

Seems like these kind of books still sell... I never read the one about Joanna, I prefer her own :wink:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Jan 2012, 16:44

I doubt if Joanna has read her own biography to be honest. I remember a fan asking her to sign the cover which she refused, because it was published without her permission and she admitted that she had not read it. It contains some story that I highly doubt are true, let's just put it that way.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Jan 2012, 18:18

Mara wrote:I doubt if Joanna has read her own biography to be honest. I remember a fan asking her to sign the cover which she refused, because it was published without her permission and she admitted that she had not read it. It contains some story that I highly doubt are true, let's just put it that way.

Well, no wonder she refused to sign the cover then. I woudln't do it either if it's not my book or at least not authorized. From what I read here in the forum it's a book I don't really want to read at all. I stay with the original :yes:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jan 2012, 15:28

I didn't know quite where to stick this, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up and tell you that Adrian Edmondson will be on Radcliffe & Maconie today to talk about his music. I'm listening to the show live, and he hasn't come on yet, but I think he'll be coming up pretty soon. I know that Maartje in particular really loves his music, so I thought I'd let you know. It'll be available on iPlayer later, of course. :grin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b019jqvh
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jan 2012, 21:00

Oh thanks Timeless - very thoughtful of you to post something here. Unfortunately I've only just read your message so I didn't get the chance to listen to this radio sure, but I'm sure I can track down a download somewhere. :thumb:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jan 2012, 22:06

Mara wrote:Oh thanks Timeless - very thoughtful of you to post something here. Unfortunately I've only just read your message so I didn't get the chance to listen to this radio sure, but I'm sure I can track down a download somewhere. :thumb:

Can you not listen to it on iPlayer? Too bad. If you do manage to track it down, I think Ade was on somewhere between an hour and a half to two hours into the show (it's a three hour show). Sometimes RadMac does a podcast with interviews at the end of the week, too, so he might be on that. Hope you can find it. :yes:
<<

Philippa

Post 19 Jan 2012, 12:01

^You shoud be able to listen to radio shows for at least a week after they've aired I think.

Mara wrote:Apparently someone's writing an unauthorised biography of Jennifer at the moment: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jennifer-Saunde ... 6GT0FIX6IF

Well I'm sure Jennifer won't be pleased about this. She's quite a shy and private person, and I'm sure she'll never write an autobiography, so I doubt that she'd want to have anything like this published. It'll probably be like most unauthorised biographies: full of speculation, gossip, and a lot of scrambling together of old newspaper articles :roll:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 19 Jan 2012, 12:49

Oh yes, I'm sure it will be available on iPlayer somewhere but I prefer downloading files straightaway, so that I can listen to it after the link expires. :yes:

Jennifer already asked people on Twitter not to buy that book, as isn't involved in the writing process at all. I doubt if it will even see the light of day though - so many people already said that they wouldn't want to buy, nor read it...
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 05 Feb 2012, 11:13

Hey, was wondering whether anybody'd heard about this...http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0203/saundersj.html

...no doubt you guys were already in the loop! :thumb: Sounds interesting! ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 05 Feb 2012, 16:22

Yes, I read about it (needless to say the Jen Saunders fan forum was about to explode) I wonder if she's involved in the writing process at all - I've always felt Jen's more a writer than an actress, but we'll see.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 05 Feb 2012, 16:29

Saunders doing Wodehouse? This I must see. I love Wodehouse so much--I haven't read the Blandings books but I'm sure I'd love them. It'll be interesting to see what she does with them. :yes:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 05 Feb 2012, 19:12

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Saunders doing Wodehouse? This I must see. I love Wodehouse so much--I haven't read the Blandings books but I'm sure I'd love them. It'll be interesting to see what she does with them. :yes:

I must confess I've never read any Woodhouse, I only know of him through Fry and Laurie's Jeeves and Woster and as I'm not entirely sure how much of that (other than the plot) was based upon the original writings I can't really judge as to whether I'm a fan of his style or not. Still, Jennifer Saunders and Timothy Spall together, on screen? Count me in! :grin:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 05 Feb 2012, 20:11

Heleno wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Saunders doing Wodehouse? This I must see. I love Wodehouse so much--I haven't read the Blandings books but I'm sure I'd love them. It'll be interesting to see what she does with them. :yes:

I must confess I've never read any Woodhouse, I only know of him through Fry and Laurie's Jeeves and Woster and as I'm not entirely sure how much of that (other than the plot) was based upon the original writings I can't really judge as to whether I'm a fan of his style or not. Still, Jennifer Saunders and Timothy Spall together, on screen? Count me in! :grin:

I've read all the Jeeves stories (inspired by watching Stephen and Hugh on Jeeves & Wooster), and I can tell you that the episodes were pretty faithful to the books--most of them were adaptations of Wodehouse stories. I've read other, non-Jeeves Wodehouse works, too, but they're all fairly similar in tone and style. Which for me is no bad thing. :grin: Jennifer doing Wodehouse could be a lot of fun. :yes:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 06 Feb 2012, 04:53

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've read all the Jeeves stories (inspired by watching Stephen and Hugh on Jeeves & Wooster), and I can tell you that the episodes were pretty faithful to the books--most of them were adaptations of Wodehouse stories. I've read other, non-Jeeves Wodehouse works, too, but they're all fairly similar in tone and style. Which for me is no bad thing. :grin: Jennifer doing Wodehouse could be a lot of fun. :yes:

Well then, if that's the case then I await this project in even greater anticipation than before. :grin:

Oh and Maartje, about the writing it seems that some bloke Guy Andrews (I think this is him) is the head of that table, but let's hope Jen manages to stick her comedic oar in somewhere, eh? :thumb:

P.S Just found a link to the BBC comedy website which contains a tad more information: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/comedy/2012/02/blandings-is-coming.shtml
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 10 Feb 2012, 12:26

If anyone has some spare money left: please donate to this cause. http://www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/jens_big_tits

Jennifer's organising a walk through London to raise money for a charity that fights against breast cancer. She's put together an amazing team with lots of famous faces (including Jane Horrocks and most of the Jam & Jerusalem cast) so please donate ^^
<<

Philippa

Post 10 Feb 2012, 21:42

I'm waiting on this month's salary, and then I'll definitely make a donation ^^ :yes:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 10 Feb 2012, 22:44

Just out of curiousity (as I'm not up on Jennifer Saunders news), how is her health holding up? Is the cancer staying away? I hope so. She's dealt with it with such grace, kept it private when she needed to, and hasn't let it stop her living. I wish her all the best. :yes:
<<

Philippa

Post 10 Feb 2012, 22:59

As far as I know she's still doing ok. Let's hope it stays that way :yes:

And I too admire the way she's handled it all with regards to the media etc.

PreviousNext

Return to Absolutely Fabulous