Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

General Jennifer talk

<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 27 Jun 2012, 15:08

Re: General Jennifer talk

They were talking about this on Radcliffe and Maconie this morning--they were less-than-surprised by Victoria's expression, too. :lol: I was never a Spice Girls fan, though when I hear the music I get nostalgic because it was so big when I was a kid. I hope it does well for Jennifer's sake. :yes:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Jun 2012, 17:11

Re: General Jennifer talk

Philippa wrote:I don't think I'd want to see the musical either. For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me, even though I used to adore the Spice Girls. But of course I do hope for Jen that it'll be a success :yes:


Plus: musicals in London are terribly expensive. We paid 45 pounds for a Phantom ticket on the far balcony and for that price, I'd rather go and see a play. I'm sure it will be fun though :yes:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 29 Jun 2012, 05:45

Re: General Jennifer talk

Wow, that really IS expensive. I hope it was worth it after all!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 05 Feb 2013, 08:14

Re: General Jennifer talk

Jennifer's writing her autobiography! Penguin Books confirmed it :dance:
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 05 Feb 2013, 10:41

Re: General Jennifer talk

I couldn't be more excited about this news, especially since she's always said that she'd never write one :hyper:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 06 Feb 2013, 10:37

Re: General Jennifer talk

Philippa wrote:I couldn't be more excited about this news, especially since she's always said that she'd never write one :hyper:


Well, just hope it won't delay writing a new AbFab script! :no: But it sure might be interesting to read what she has to say. Hopefully she'll record it and I can buy an new audio book for my collection :yes:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

BellaVida

User avatar

Target

Posts: 36

Joined: 17 Oct 2012, 00:03

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 06 Feb 2013, 17:03

Re: General Jennifer talk

I just hope she hasn't had to Wikipedia herself for this book. If she did then I want to hear about the adventures of Jennifer and Depeche Mode. :P
Image


"I find it a great antidote... lipstick and mirrors and hairspray." ~ Joanna Lumley
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 07 Feb 2013, 02:00

Re: General Jennifer talk

BellaVida wrote:I just hope she hasn't had to Wikipedia herself for this book. If she did then I want to hear about the adventures of Jennifer and Depeche Mode. :P


Hahaha! Oh god, that story... I think somebody changed that though, despite how amusing that part of her Wiki page was :lol:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 07 Feb 2013, 07:41

Re: General Jennifer talk

BellaVida wrote:I just hope she hasn't had to Wikipedia herself for this book. If she did then I want to hear about the adventures of Jennifer and Depeche Mode. :P


What's the story here? I'm not much into Jennifer (except for AbFab of course), so I have no idea... someone, please??? :unsure:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Feb 2013, 16:06

Re: General Jennifer talk

If my memory serves me right the Wikipedia page said that she once dated one of the Depeche Mode guys, which isn't true :lol:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 08 Feb 2013, 10:31

Re: General Jennifer talk

Philippa wrote:If my memory serves me right the Wikipedia page said that she once dated one of the Depeche Mode guys, which isn't true :lol:


ah, okay, thanks for letting me know! :thumb:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 10 Mar 2013, 23:18

Re: General Jennifer talk

Really, really lovely interview with Jen and her youngster daughter Freya, here. She even explains where Patsy's "I'm not happy" came from! :lol:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 11 Mar 2013, 07:21

Re: General Jennifer talk

Mara wrote:Really, really lovely interview with Jen and her youngster daughter Freya, here. She even explains where Patsy's "I'm not happy" came from! :lol:


that's really lovely, and I love the part about I'm not happy! :lmao:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 24 Aug 2013, 17:16

Re: General Jennifer talk

We have a title and cover for Jennifer's autobiography, Bonkers: My Life in Laughs: :dance: :wub:

Image
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 13 Oct 2013, 00:23

Re: General Jennifer talk

I spent waaaay too much money on a copy of this baby this week: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bonkers-Life-La ... r+saunders

Trying very hard not to flip through the first chapters to read all about AbFab. :whistle:
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Oct 2013, 15:31

Re: General Jennifer talk

I have banned myself from buying it until I've written both my essays (one's due in on Thursday, the other one Tuesday after that). But I just want it so badly! :hearteyes:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 13 Oct 2013, 18:48

Re: General Jennifer talk

I'd definitely recommend it!

The faxes Jen and Jo sent each other are absolutely hilarious, she calls her Jack Lumptious :lmao: (I gave in, I really had to read the AbFab chapters first)
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 17 Oct 2013, 10:12

Re: General Jennifer talk

Mara wrote:I'd definitely recommend it!

The faxes Jen and Jo sent each other are absolutely hilarious, she calls her Jack Lumptious :lmao: (I gave in, I really had to read the AbFab chapters first)


I was wondering... are there a lot of pictures in it that it would make it worth buying the print version? I would prefer the audio book with this one but I'm not sure now... :unsure:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 18 Oct 2013, 22:21

Re: General Jennifer talk

LunaFive wrote:I was wondering... are there a lot of pictures in it that it would make it worth buying the print version? I would prefer the audio book with this one but I'm not sure now... :unsure:


Not for the AbFab pictures, no. If you own a copy of Continuity you've probably seen them already. Most of them I think we've already have on the forum. However, I would recommend buying this book if you're a big fan of Jen of AbFab - it's hilarious.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Oct 2013, 13:27

Re: General Jennifer talk

A fellow Joanna/Jennifer fan told me that in one of the faxes in the book between Joanna and Jennifer, Jennifer refers to AbFab as "a bit of a Larry Doomer". So if we were ever in any doubt that Jennifer was a TNA fan, we aren't now. :lol:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 20 Oct 2013, 15:11

Re: General Jennifer talk

Timeless A-Peel wrote:A fellow Joanna/Jennifer fan told me that in one of the faxes in the book between Joanna and Jennifer, Jennifer refers to AbFab as "a bit of a Larry Doomer". So if we were ever in any doubt that Jennifer was a TNA fan, we aren't now. :lol:


She does! :lol:

I'll try to scan some of the pages as the 'Lumley chapters' are absolutely hilarious and I really want to share these with you. Bear with me!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Oct 2013, 18:26

Re: General Jennifer talk

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:A fellow Joanna/Jennifer fan told me that in one of the faxes in the book between Joanna and Jennifer, Jennifer refers to AbFab as "a bit of a Larry Doomer". So if we were ever in any doubt that Jennifer was a TNA fan, we aren't now. :lol:


She does! :lol:

I'll try to scan some of the pages as the 'Lumley chapters' are absolutely hilarious and I really want to share these with you. Bear with me!


Oh, thank you, Maartje! :hug: I appreciate that. I'd be interested to have a look at those. :yes:

One wonders if even Joanna remembered what that meant when she read it--Jennifer may be more up on the episodes than she is. :wink:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 21 Oct 2013, 06:53

Re: General Jennifer talk

Mara wrote:
Not for the AbFab pictures, no. If you own a copy of Continuity you've probably seen them already. Most of them I think we've already have on the forum. However, I would recommend buying this book if you're a big fan of Jen of AbFab - it's hilarious.


Thanks for letting me know. I think I'll rather buy the audio version of the book now as I like to listen to people reading their own biographies. And I would appreciate the scans too, of course.... :wave:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 30 Oct 2013, 09:41

Re: General Jennifer talk

Clara Balding (friend of Jen's) interviewed Jennifer about her new book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtjyCty653U

AbFab/Jo talk from 35:30 :wink:
Previous

Return to Absolutely Fabulous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron

Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation
suspicion-preferred