Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Girl Friday

<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 12:10

Girl Friday

Joanna survives on a desert island for 9 days as a modern day girl Friday.
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:09

Re: Girl Friday

Bra shoes.

Every Girl Friday topic needs an obligatory reference to the bra shoes. :lol:
<<

Avengerdan

User avatar

Lumley Looney

Posts: 847

Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 10:29

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:13

Re: Girl Friday

I can't think of the 'bra shoes' in Girl Friday without thinking of how it was hilariously referenced in an episode of the Royle Family. :lmao:
Image
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:28

Re: Girl Friday

Avengerdan wrote:I can't think of the 'bra shoes' in Girl Friday without thinking of how it was hilariously referenced in an episode of the Royle Family. :lmao:


Was it really? That's great--the bra shoes have their own fan following. :lmao:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:36

Re: Girl Friday

The bra shoes have their own fanbase, haha. I agree with what Jen Saunders once said: they need to be exhibited in a museum somewhere. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:38

Re: Girl Friday

Maartje wrote:The bra shoes have their own fanbase, haha. I agree with what Jen Saunders once said: they need to be exhibited in a museum somewhere. :lol:


It could be given a place of pride next to the double-barrelled slingshot from Dirtier by the Dozen. A national underwear museum, perhaps. :lol:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:39

Re: Girl Friday

Timeless A-Peel wrote:It could be given a place of pride next to the double-barrelled slingshot from Dirtier by the Dozen. A national underwear museum, perhaps. :lol:


Or a Joanna museum including a few of Patsy's old bottles of Stolli. Hey, I would go! :lol:
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:40

Re: Girl Friday

Avengerdan wrote:I can't think of the 'bra shoes' in Girl Friday without thinking of how it was hilariously referenced in an episode of the Royle Family. :lmao:


Haha really? I didn't know that. Must see that episode sometime :lmao:

I wish they'd do a proper DVD release of this though. I've only ever seen this in a very bad VHS-rip quality and I'd love to see this in good quality on my TV.
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

JackieO

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2744

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 18:13

Location: USA

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 16:38

Re: Girl Friday

Bra shoes, every girl needs them.

I've got it on DVD...
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Avengerdan

User avatar

Lumley Looney

Posts: 847

Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 10:29

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Dec 2010, 18:54

Re: Girl Friday

The Royle Family 'bra into slippers' scene is on YouTube.

:lmao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzUqWerkBqc
Image
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 19:04

Re: Girl Friday

^Thanks for the link. I'll make sure to watch it later tonight :yes:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Dec 2010, 20:42

Re: Girl Friday

Avengerdan wrote:The Royle Family 'bra into slippers' scene is on YouTube.

:lmao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzUqWerkBqc


Hee. The bra shoes have become their own cultural icon, haven't they? :lol:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 31 Dec 2010, 23:50

Re: Girl Friday

Haha love that show !! :lolol:
I have the book too but I really need to read it.
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 01 Jan 2011, 12:54

Re: Girl Friday

You should, you'll be through with it very fast as it's easy to read and so fun as it puts Joanna's voice in your head while you're reading it, I'm sure (at least that's how it was for me, LOL)
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Jan 2011, 12:56

Re: Girl Friday

I have the book too but I haven't read much of it yet.
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 01 Jan 2011, 15:15

Re: Girl Friday

LunaFive wrote:You should, you'll be through with it very fast as it's easy to read and so fun as it puts Joanna's voice in your head while you're reading it, I'm sure (at least that's how it was for me, LOL)


Haha okay, i'll get the book out now and put it by my bed other wise I shall never read it.
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 01 Jan 2011, 18:15

Re: Girl Friday

bexyshortcake wrote:
LunaFive wrote:You should, you'll be through with it very fast as it's easy to read and so fun as it puts Joanna's voice in your head while you're reading it, I'm sure (at least that's how it was for me, LOL)


Haha okay, i'll get the book out now and put it by my bed other wise I shall never read it.


You sure won't regret that!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 01 Jan 2011, 18:32

Re: Girl Friday

I'm starting tonight !! :hug: :happy:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 03 Jan 2011, 19:55

Re: Girl Friday

bexyshortcake wrote:I'm starting tonight !! :hug: :happy:


And???? Did you finish it by now?
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 05 Jan 2011, 11:19

Re: Girl Friday

LunaFive wrote:And???? Did you finish it by now?


Not yet, have a few pages left !! :happy:
I'll let you know when I have finished and what I thought about it. :hug:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 05 Jan 2011, 18:12

Re: Girl Friday

Sure, take your time
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 05 Jan 2011, 18:32

Re: Girl Friday

LunaFive wrote:Sure, take your time


:hug:
Finding it great already - can understand when you say you can hear her voice in your head when you are reading.
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 05 Jan 2011, 19:22

Re: Girl Friday

bexyshortcake wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Sure, take your time


:hug:
Finding it great already - can understand when you say you can hear her voice in your head when you are reading.


I'm glad you can, otherwise my saying so would have been a bit strangly (hearing voices while reading :lmao: ). Enjoy the rest of it!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 05 Jan 2011, 20:32

Re: Girl Friday

LunaFive wrote: I'm glad you can, otherwise my saying so would have been a bit strangly (hearing voices while reading :lmao: ). Enjoy the rest of it!


Haha feel alone no more !! :lol:
Thank you. :hug:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 06 Jan 2011, 19:47

Re: Girl Friday

bexyshortcake wrote:
LunaFive wrote: I'm glad you can, otherwise my saying so would have been a bit strangly (hearing voices while reading :lmao: ). Enjoy the rest of it!


Haha feel alone no more !! :lol:
Thank you. :hug:


Ha, ha, no thank YOU for telling me that I am not alone :hug:
*Listen to the song of life*
Next

Return to Documentaries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron

Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation
suspicion-preferred