Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Hello Everyone!

<<

Becky

Obsession

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 03 Jan 2011, 06:31

Hello Everyone!

Hi Everybody!

Just dropping into this section to welcome myself.
My name is Becky and i'm 18. I live in New Zealand (right of Australia if you don't know).
I'm shy, intuitive and very girly.
I became a Joanna fan recently after watching the 'Nile' t.v series. I totally devolped a girl crush!
So yeah, I'll be spending some time on here. I feel a little bummed, since I don't know any of her other work. So, bear with me. HAHA!!

Lots of love

xxxxxx
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 03 Jan 2011, 09:31

Re: Hello Everyone!

Hi Becky and welcome!
The Nile documentary is fantastic so I completely understand why you became a fan after that. And if you've not seen any of Joanna's other work yet, then you're in for a real treat :grin: xxx

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 03 Jan 2011, 12:16

Hi Becky!

Cool, New Zealand! Welcome to the forum. :wave:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 03 Jan 2011, 14:33

Welcome, Becky. :wave: I hope you'll have fun here. :grin:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 03 Jan 2011, 14:39

Welcome to the forum, Becky, I hope you'll like it here!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 03 Jan 2011, 23:20

Welcome Becky! Great to have you here, and glad you saw the Nile documentary!

I'm curious as to where in NZ you live; I was there several months ago!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 04 Jan 2011, 05:17

Thanks everyone ^-^
I live in the Bay of Plenty (East of the North Island)
I just found out Joanna likes ABBA. So i'm even more of a fan now haha. My role model is Agnetha Faltskog, so It was nice to hear :)

xxx
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 04 Jan 2011, 10:36

Great! I was in the South Island, in Christchurch and Queenstown. Beautiful country!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Jan 2011, 11:33

Becky wrote:I just found out Joanna likes ABBA. So i'm even more of a fan now haha. My role model is Agnetha Faltskog, so It was nice to hear :)

Great! I'm a huge Abba lover myself too and it seems that more Joanna fans like them.. great taste, eh? :thumb:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 04 Jan 2011, 11:38

I hear it is. I haven't been myself, but I'd sure like to go.

by the way, i'm also an avid graphics maker. So you'll see some of my stuff in the artwork section soon. Been doing it for 3 years now. I don't think i'm very good. You can see some of my stuff in my photobucket. Also just found out Joanna's birthday. Nice to know her birthday is 2 days before mine! :squee:
http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz18 ... le%202010/

@Maartje ABBA are great. Their music makes me happy. I think Joanna looks a lot like Agnetha. They both have similar fashion taste.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Jan 2011, 11:45

Oh yes. I know I'm supposed to be way too young to fully appreciate Abba but I just do. Their music is really something special - every album has a different sound.

By the way, your graphics are amazing! Please do open a topic in the artwork section, I'd love to see more. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 04 Jan 2011, 19:43

Maartje wrote:Oh yes. I know I'm supposed to be way too young to fully appreciate Abba but I just do. Their music is really something special - every album has a different sound.

By the way, your graphics are amazing! Please do open a topic in the artwork section, I'd love to see more. :yes:

ABBAs music is without age, I would say. I fell in love with their music as a child and of course I had a poster of Angetha on my wall as well. I always envied my uncle who was a fan too and saw them in concert a few times. :hearteyes:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Jan 2011, 19:50

Oh wow, he was one of the lucky fans to have seen them live? I'm almost happy I don't know anyone who got to see them when they were still performing because the stories would make me so jealous. :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 04 Jan 2011, 19:53

Maartje wrote:Oh wow, he was one of the lucky fans to have seen them live? I'm almost happy I don't know anyone who got to see them when they were still performing because the stories would make me so jealous. :lol:

Yes, he was. His room was full of posters, too and he had a huge board where he glued photos on which he took during the concerts (no close ups of course but still good quailty). I was soooo jealous of him. But of course he's nearly 13 years older than I, I was far too young to go to a concert then. :lmao:
Did you ever see the ABBA movie? I was so envy on that reporter guy who gets to meet them at the end.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Jan 2011, 20:09

A board for his very own Abba photos... I told you I'd great jealous! :wink:

LunaFive wrote:Did you ever see the ABBA movie? I was so envy on that reporter guy who gets to meet them at the end.

I even have my own copy dear. :wink: I also have the '79 American tour DVD which I prefer to the Movie but they're both fun to watch. :yes:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 05 Jan 2011, 11:16

Hello Becky and welcome !!
Hope that you enjoy it there and I just had a quick look at your artwork and it is amazing. :grin: :happy:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 05 Jan 2011, 18:13

Maartje wrote:A board for his very own Abba photos... I told you I'd great jealous! :wink:

LunaFive wrote:Did you ever see the ABBA movie? I was so envy on that reporter guy who gets to meet them at the end.

I even have my own copy dear. :wink: I also have the '79 American tour DVD which I prefer to the Movie but they're both fun to watch. :yes:

Oh, a video from a tour from 1979? How is it called? I never heard of this (shame on me). :blush:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 13 Jan 2011, 03:22

I have the ABBA movie. I don't personally think it's all that great. It's a bit cheesey. I only like the concert bits. The reporter parts were awfully strange.

Thanks for the compliment on my artwork. I'll open a thread now

I also have the 1970 concert dvd and ABBA: In Japan. Love 'em both. Though, I hate how they dont play the original audio over performances in ABBA: In Japan. It sucks. Only a couple of the songs have the original audio. Like 'Thank you for the music'. Annoying really. I hate hate HATE it when they do that. Why not keep the original audio instead of playing the song over it? grr
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 13 Jan 2011, 14:07

LunaFive wrote:Oh, a video from a tour from 1979? How is it called? I never heard of this (shame on me). :blush:

It's the 'Abba in Concert', a DVD registration of their American tour and it's brilliant - much, much better than the movie. (which, I agree with Becky, is a bit cheesy) I liked Abba the best when they were nearing the end of their career, it's almost as if their creativity experienced is heyday when they were breaking up. The reason why I never bought 'Abba in Japan' was because of that awful playback music in the background even though they sounded absolutely terrific live.
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 13 Jan 2011, 20:11

Did you notice some of them weren't playback? It's really weird. Some are/ some aren't. It's really weird. It's interesting seeing Agnetha smoke in the Japan dvd. Apparently she smoked in the 80's too.
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 13 Jan 2011, 20:31

Welcome Becky. You have hours and hours of wonderful 'discovering Joanna Lumley' ahead of you. So don't feel bummed, feel excited. :thumb:

She's done A. Lot. :yes:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 13 Jan 2011, 20:51

Hi to you ^^ :wave:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 13 Jan 2011, 23:33

Love your signature Becky :happy:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 14 Jan 2011, 01:24

Thank you hunny. I should make a tut to it. :squee:

Return to Welcome