Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Hello Sweeties ;)

<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Jan 2012, 02:14

Hello Sweeties ;)

Greetings fellow members of the Absolutely Joanna Lumley forum, I registered here earlier today* and just thought I ought to introduce myself to the rest of you lovely ladies and gents. ^^

OK so first of all...hi!!! :wave:

I'm Helen and as you can see by my username I am an incredibly creative individual. (I joke of course; I'm rubbish at inventing usernames so I just add an 'o' to the end of my forename in a half-hearted attempt to make it sound more exotic.) I'm a 17 going on forty year old living in good old Londonium. I'm ridiculously hyper-active and rely so heavily upon humour as a crutch that I find it nigh impossible to take part in a conversation without cracking a joke so do let me know if I get a tad overbearing.

I should probably explain why I'm here, shouldn't I? I mean not that I have to explain myself, joining a forum's not a crime, is it? Of course not! No what I mean is that I should probably explain my reasoning for joining what is, in essence, a JoJo Lumers fan site. Well, first of all I feel the need to confess that I'm not as familiar with the entirety of Joanna's work as some of you here are. No, I was introduced to Joanna via Ab Fab as a child; obviously a ten year old can't quite grasp the comedic genius that is Absolutely Fabulous or the epicness which is Patsy, but when Ab Fab's revival was announced last year I was overwhelmed by a strong sense of nostalgia which compelled me to revisit the series. It was about five minutes into the very first episode of the very first series that I fell in love with it and, of course, Joanna. :wub:

It's strange really, I don't know what it's like elsewhere but here in Britain Joanna's quite a prominent media figure, notorious for her elegance and charm; you sort of grow to feel that you know her, but of course you don't. It was fervent google-searching for Joanna related tid-bits that led me here and I just thought you were a lovely bunch of people whom I'd love to be around. ^^

Anyway, that's about it I think. I didn't realise this was going to turn into an essay when I first set out upon writing this; I really am very sorry to everyone who's having their gourd bored to ribbons by reading this, I promise it'll be over soon! I must also apologise for my ridiculously unimaginative avatar, I desperately wanted a picture of my favourite Patsy moment of all time (think Pats goes to London Zoo) but unfortunately I couldn't track down a single picture and my screen capture techniques are rubbish. Ho hum, nevermind eh? I'll try and find something a bit better in the coming days.

So, I eagerly look forward to getting to know you all (hopefully you'll all want to get to know me too!) and of course I can't wait to explore more fully the brilliance which is Joanna Lumley. So far I've watched Girl Friday and countless interviews, both new and old. Tonight I hope to get started on the documentaries, I'm thinking of starting chronologically so Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon is first on the list. I know I've barely scratched the surface -- there's so much to see and read, I just can't wait! :dance:

P.S. * I've just realised that in the time it's taken my to write this today has become yesterday and tomorrow has become today. Good god I waffle far too much! :no:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Jan 2012, 08:35

Re: Hello Sweeties ;)

Hello and welcome! :wave:
I hope you'll like it here (it's fun!) and that you'll be able to catch up with everything you want to see about Joanna. I'm sure you'll like her documentaries, I just love them and she has done some other really nice movies or series.
Since you live in London, have you ever met her? Beeing to one of her plays? I could recommend "the Lion in winter" right now, she's fabulous in it :wub:

Well, enjoy the forum!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 13 Jan 2012, 14:14

Welcome, Helen. :wave: You've got a whole whack of good Joanna stuff to look forward to. :yes:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 14 Jan 2012, 01:02

Thanks for the welcome guys! ^^

I'm loving it here already; it feels like quite a tight knit community which is always great! I feel a bit out of place knowing that you guys are such hardcore fans, but in a way that's the wonderful thing because I'm sure you'll all be eager to recommend loads of Jo related material for me to get my hands on, as already demonstrated by you, LunaFive. :thumb:

I didn't know The Lion in Winter was still running, what with it being -- as far as I'm aware -- a Christmas related play. That's very awesome news indeed! I go a few bob from friends and family this Christmas; perhaps I'll buy myself a belated Jesus'-birthday present! :grin:

Is it marvellous? I bet it's marvellous. Has anybody seen it? Joanna was talking about it on the Graham Norton Show a few months back and from what she described of the set I imagine that it's rather beautiful to watch.

@LunaFive - Unfortunately, as you've probably gathered by now, I've never seen Joanna on stage, but I suppose it's rather fortunate, my being a Londoner, as (fingers crossed) I'll be provided with numerous opportunities to do so in the future. I must also add that I'm incredibly jealous of you depicted there with the gorgeous Joanna whom I've never had the privilege of meeting. :crybaby:

Perhaps if I manage to get last minute tickets to The Lion I'll be able to meet her at the exit. Does anybody know whether she and Robert come stop to meet the fans after the show or are they whisked away?

I'm going to shut up now, thanks again for the welcome guys. :happy:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 14 Jan 2012, 06:21

Hi there Helen!

Im sure your Lumley lunacy will be fulfilled here :lol:. I'm the forum's resident graphic maker and Joanna blogger. My name is pretty obvious ;). My fave nicknames for Joanna is jolummers or lummers lol. Nice to see other lumley loonies join!!! Another London person! :D

and just remember......

:whistle:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 14 Jan 2012, 19:48

Welcome to the forum Helen :grin: :wave:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 14 Jan 2012, 19:49

Hi Helen, welcome to our forum. It's very nice to have you here. :wave:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 15 Jan 2012, 12:01