Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

I keep having to sign in over and over

<<

jo4me2468

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 24 Mar 2009, 22:09

I keep having to sign in over and over

I don't know what I am doing wrong...i will go to sign in and it says ok you are signed in but if I go to the index right under that i get signed back out again and I visiting as a guest so I try to sign in again and it says I am ok ...the only way i can get anywhere is to look at my previous posts and then go down to the visible index at the bottom and click on one of those then again I am only a visitor but I can see everything...but when i try to reply or post a new topic I have to go and sign in again!!!! It takes forever!!! What on earth am I doing wrong...I am on Jen's site and don't seem to have this problem...please please help me so I can be a more frequent poster and reader on Jo's site...THanks!!! xoxox Susan
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 24 Mar 2009, 22:23

Re: Help...I keep having to sign in over and over

Hm, that is really odd... Did you check the box that says 'keep me signed in' when you're logging in? That usually works fine for me.. To be quite honest, I'm not really sure whether it's a problem with the forum, or your internet browser. It might be your Firewall settings, although I'm not really an expert when it comes to that...
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 25 Mar 2009, 00:17

Very odd. Vicki has been having the same problem, she can't stay logged in, but she can't even post. I've tried logging in on her account, and then it works fine, so it's not the forum. Like Maartje said, it might have something to do with your firewall or something.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Mar 2009, 07:43

I forgot about that, but Vicki is indeed having the same problem... I'll check the freeforums pages as soon as I get back home today, and I'll let you know.
<<

jo4me2468

Post 26 Mar 2009, 17:14

Thanks guys....I hope we can get it figured out ...it is sooo annoying! I do click the button about
keeping me signed in...so I will check and see if it has anything to do with the firewall..
xoxo
Susan
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Mar 2009, 18:16

Ok, I've checked the support forum, and it seems to be a software related problem that doesn't accur when you use either Fire Fox or Internet Explorer 7.0 but of course we can't expect you to change your browser in order to sort this out... There seem to be a couple of other solutions offered so administrators can sort it all out, so I'm gonna give it a shot tonight.

The most easy and quick solution if found so far is chaning the webaddress you're using when you're browsing. Leave out the www, and use this link:

http://absolutelyjoannalumley.freeforums.org/

I've always used this link, so I'm not sure whether this works or not, but this is the most easy solution I've been able to find so far.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Mar 2009, 22:27

Re: I keep having to sign in over and over

Well I hope that's the answer to our problems! And it also explains why everything works fine for me, I use Firefox nowadays (so much better than IE) :lol:

And I didn't even know you could access the forum as well if you type www in front of it.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Mar 2009, 22:36

Well, I use IE and that works fine for me, so I guess using Fire Fox is a solution, or just update your IE to the lastest version. (which is great anyway, 'cos you can work with tabs instead of opening new windows)

And yeah, you can access every website without putting 'www' in the link, as long as you use 'http://'. The forum is bookmarked with the http:// link, so I've never tried logging in with the www link, so I'm not sure if that solves the problem... I'll try now...

Edit: problem solved, it's the forum, but using the 'www' url indeed requires constant logging in.
<<

jo4me2468

Post 27 Mar 2009, 21:23

Thank you my lovely Lumleys...xoxo :heart: :great:
Susan
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Mar 2009, 21:25

I take it using the 'http://' link worked for you as well then? :d
<<

jo4me2468

Post 28 Mar 2009, 03:55

I think it is all working for me now sooooo :thnx: :thnx: :thnx: :heart:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 28 Mar 2009, 11:16

Ok, great! Then I'll close this thread and leave it here, so others (with similar problems) can read how to sort it out too.

Return to Helpdesk