Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

IMDB's list of the most beautiful actresses over 40

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 01 Feb 2012, 00:59

IMDB's list of the most beautiful actresses over 40

Look what just caught my eye whilst browsing: http://www.imdb.com/list/K4qkGQxkGhs/ And Joanna's in the top 10! (needless to say that she should have been number 1, of course) :wink:

Voted by IMDB users, so it does say something (the IMDB community's very critical). The competition was tough though: Tilda Swinton, Joely Richardson (Maybe Baby), Meryl Streep; they're all very beautiful.
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Feb 2012, 03:48

Re: IMDB's list of the most beautiful actresses over 40

Mara wrote:Look what just caught my eye whilst browsing: http://www.imdb.com/list/K4qkGQxkGhs/ And Joanna's in the top 10! (needless to say that she should have been number 1, of course) :wink:

Voted by IMDB users, so it does say something (the IMDB community's very critical). The competition was tough though: Tilda Swinton, Joely Richardson (Maybe Baby), Meryl Streep; they're all very beautiful.

Wow, some very tough competition there indeed! And you're right about it saying something; the IMDB lot are a tad harsh to say the least! Any which way, I'm sort of amazed Joanna made it onto the list at all -- as far as I can tell IMDB is, for the best part, made up of American users; the fact that a English actress, (who's not particularly 'high profile' or 'well-known' on an international level) made it so far up the list is, to me, astounding! Go, go, go Jo! :lol:

She'll always be number one me though. :wub:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Feb 2012, 11:14

Re: IMDB's list of the most beautiful actresses over 40

I think it's brilliant that Jo is at number 10! Well deserved too :yes:
Some fierce competition there as well, and I like how they didn't just put the stereotypical conventionally beautiful American actresses in the highest positions. A very good and varied list of people if you ask me.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone

Return to Joanna discussion