Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Jam and Jerusalem

<<

JadoreJoLumley

Donkey

Post 11 Aug 2009, 11:11

Re: Jam and Jerusalem

wow 4.2 million!! I'm so pleased!! Hopefully it will be good ratings for the three specials and then jen might consider doing a christmas special too perhaps??? And a fourth series for definite...i hope...lol

But anyway....how funny was the first hour long special??? I was laughing so much from neginning to end...esp at Rosie with her lamb hahaha "Is it alright for me to drink another blue wicked doctor....? as i heard some ababies get addicted to bacardi breezers in the womb...."

:lolol:

Can't wait til Sunday now :hyper:

Oh it's a small shoe....
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 11 Aug 2009, 11:24

It was fabulous! And Tip was amazing! She was already funny in the previous series, but she was beyond hilarious in this episode :lmao:
And I really hope they'll do a Christmas special too, though I doubt there will be a 4th series, but you never know.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 11 Aug 2009, 11:30

I still haven't watched it, I was feeling too bad when I downloaded it and didn't want to spoil it watching it being ill. I'm a bit better today so gonna try to watch it.
I've just found the series 2 dvd in my mailbox :hyper: : great cause my sleepy brain needs the subtitles to watch anything in english at the moment. :crybaby:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 11 Aug 2009, 11:44

Philippa wrote:It was fabulous! And Tip was amazing! She was already funny in the previous series, but she was beyond hilarious in this episode :lmao:

Haha, yes! I really like Tip's development in the series - being a barkeeper is the perfect job for her, haha. I wonder what they're going to do with Sal though: she's a bit like she used to be after Mike's death in series 1. I must say I like her best when she's taking care of everyone and herself to be honest.

And Rosie, she's still the cutest thing: Dawn at her best! Thank god Jennifer wrote her in and allowed her to be the silly clown of the village again, it's genius.
<<

Hannah320

Target

Post 15 Aug 2009, 15:24

ohh rosie is always amazing! she truly is one of the best characters that dawn plays
avatar made my the fabulous Brooklyn Marcone :D thankkyouuu
and
siggy made byyyy LAUREENNNN :D

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Aug 2009, 18:28

Don't forget to watch the second episode tonight! :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 16 Aug 2009, 22:37

I'm checking thebox.bz impatiently, but it's not available yet.. :doubt:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Aug 2009, 22:59

I'll let you know as soon as I find a link. :wink: It really was a great episode - better than last week, I think.

Some very touching Caroline scenes in this, but the fashion show topped it all, haha. I loved how Maggie Steed (Eileen) taught the girls how to walk, it looked so ridiculous, and not at all like the catwalk is done nowadays. I wonder whether Jen got her ''catwalk instructions'' from Joanna, because they're almost exactly as in this video. :lmao:
<<

Philippa

Post 16 Aug 2009, 23:13

Well no need for that darling, I'm sure it'll be on thebox by tomorrow morning :grin:

<<

JadoreJoLumley

Donkey

Post 17 Aug 2009, 15:38

OMG!!! last nights episode was FANTASTIC!!! These specials just seem to get better each week. :hyper:

I loved the first part because we saw a different side to caroline. which was good. and the fashion show...omg...Caroline looked so uncomfortable she just walked down and up in about 5 seconds hahaha :lmao:

I don't want to say anything else about the episode incase anyone hasn't seen it yet (hopefully you will have by now Philly) :happy:

But it was so amazing. I'm going to watch it again asap.

Oh it's a small shoe....
<<

Erin

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 20 Aug 2009, 02:15

Jennifer continues to blow me away and the 2nd episode was just... oh myyyyy. Just when you think you can't love that woman any more, she gives a performance like that. :hypnose: :hypnose: :hypnose:
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Aug 2009, 12:24

I finally watched the 2nd episode! And I loved it!! It was even better than last week's episode :grin:
The only person missing was Tip though..

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 24 Aug 2009, 20:06

Has anyone seen the last, and third episode already? I missed it on Sunday, so I'm going to catch up tonight!
<<

Philippa

Post 25 Aug 2009, 13:53

I just watched the last episode. It was great, but I'm very disappointed that it's over now :(

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Aug 2009, 14:01

I'll be watching it later this afternoon, although I'm not sure if I can cope with the feeling of J&J being over again. :no:
<<

Philippa

Post 25 Aug 2009, 14:03

Let's hope the Beeb will be kind enough to commission more episodes..

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Aug 2009, 14:06

To be quite honest, I really doubt if they will after all these cutbacks. But let's keep our fingers crossed, eh? :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 25 Aug 2009, 14:14

Oh yes, I'm the first to admit that I've had doubts about more episodes, even before the 3rd series had even begun. But one can dream :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Aug 2009, 14:22

Oh yes, me too. I really love J&J, and I think it's the best show Jennifer has written so far, but it's really underrated.

It didn't get the ratings AbFab got, and on top of that, the press pretty much slammed it at first, so I was suprised when they were doing a third series at all.
<<

Philippa

Post 28 Aug 2009, 22:59

Pauline McLynn blogs about J&J :grin:

I cannot believe it nor that I am actually admitting this but it has taken me till now to see the final episode of JAM AND JERUSALEM (I knew what happened, obviously, so I wasn’t awaiting an outcome, as ‘twere, but that’s no excuse cos I love and enjoy the series so I blame another great one of those SHAMELESS for keeping me occupied filming and wanting to get to bed early) – well, I was delighted with it. What a great show! And, as you all know, I am a woman who has a bit of trouble making a statement like that especially, and particularly, about something I , if I wasn’t in this show I would love it anyhow.

I love her! :grin:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Nov 2009, 23:00

According to Pauline MyClinn (who played Tip in J&J), there will be no more new episodes of Jam and Jerusalem. The BBC has apparenly made this decision, although she can't tell why. It really is a shame though: first AbFab, then F&S, Vivienne Vyle and now Jam and Jerusalem. What's left of the splendid comedies Jennifer has written? :no:
<<

Philippa

Post 26 Nov 2009, 23:38

That's a real shame. J&J had the potential to expand in my opinion, because there are so many leading characters, so you can go in a lot of different directions plot wise.
On the other hand, I'm quite satisfied with the episodes that we got. They ended it when the episodes were still of really great quality, and they didn't risk it going on for too long, so from that perspective it's all good.
But it's still a pity, I would've loved more episodes.

<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 27 Nov 2009, 13:38

:'( :'( :'( :'(
<<

lauraa

Target

Post 27 Nov 2009, 20:52

Ohh no :(
I would have liked more episodes, cause I wanted to see Deliah come back :)
<<

Georgia

Donkey

Post 28 Nov 2009, 00:47

I'm really sad over this. I would have loved to see where the next series would have taken everyone. I was really interested in where the relationships between Sal & Jock and Kate & the Vicar were going to go...not to mention seeing what Caroline was going to do next!
PreviousNext

Return to Absolutely Fabulous