Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Jam and Jerusalem

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Jun 2009, 00:38

Jam and Jerusalem

Apparently there won't be a 3rd series of Jam & Jerusalem after all. Instead of that, they'll do 3 specials.
I'm a bit disappointed that they won't do a full series, because it's such a great show and I love it dearly. But I do understand, with French & Saunders taking their tour to Australia this summer, they probably didn't have enough time to shoot a full series. It's a pity, but at least specials is better than nothing! :grin:

So, let's get speculating. What do you think (or would you like) to happen?

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 07 Jun 2009, 02:10

Re: J&J, no series 3

What? No, series three? They can't do that, I thought Jen had actually even confirmed they were recording and broadcasting it, although in a different sort of set-up. This really is a disappointment, although somehow not totally unexpected as the first two series were very much critised...

I personally think J&J is one of Jennifer's best shows, so I'm really disappointed actually.
<<

JadoreJoLumley

Donkey

Post 07 Jun 2009, 15:21

Re: Jam and Jerusalem

I am so disappointed about this too. I read about it on saturday and i was really suprised actually. I mean, we didn't have a series last year because of the tour and i was really really looking forward to a proper series this year. I just hope that she will write another series next year.

As for what happens in the specials...i don't have a clue. Its always so random thats why i love it :great:

Oh it's a small shoe....
<<

Geesus

Donkey

Post 08 Jun 2009, 20:58

WHOT????????????????

No J&J?? Wtf am i doing in the forum that shall not be named all the time?? This totally went past me!

oh noooooooo!!!!! :stupidme: :angry: :angry: :cry:

I have a slight suspicion that Jen is, DEEP DOWN, just a lazy bitch ahahah. And I love her for it! :great:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 08 Jun 2009, 21:09

Geesus wrote:I have a slight suspicion that Jen is, DEEP DOWN, just a lazy bitch ahahah. And I love her for it!

Haha, oh I bet she is! No doubt that she likes to preform comedy, but writing it is another thing.
<<

Geesus

Donkey

Post 08 Jun 2009, 21:11

yeah! But then again...she DID accomplish quite a lot. I just wish she was, cause I am sooooo lazy and I still hope that I'm gonna be something other than a stereotypical long-term student :P
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 08 Jun 2009, 21:13

Oh yes, she definitely did, and sometimes I almost think she wonders how on earth she accomplished all that herself too. Jen's at her best when she's just goofing around on set with the people she adores: whether it's Dawn or Joanna, the effect is magical.
<<

Hannah320

Target

Post 09 Jun 2009, 02:06

it is, it is. loololol
i would love her job.. if only i could be funny like her! LOL

awww!!! i wish there was another j&j series... POOEYY!!
but still, specials will be nice aswell

as long as they do another series at SOME POINT
no rush... :P
avatar made my the fabulous Brooklyn Marcone :D thankkyouuu
and
siggy made byyyy LAUREENNNN :D

<<

Geesus

Donkey

Post 09 Jun 2009, 15:03

yeah let's cross fingers...
<<

Philippa

Post 09 Jun 2009, 15:41

I really do hope they'll do another series at some point. It's just such a clever little series, and it's a shame the critics all seem to share one braincell and just don't get it.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

mond257

Target

Post 09 Jun 2009, 16:32

It's the same amount of tv running time, so series or specials, I'm not that bothered.
Being one hour shows, they have the potential to be more in-depth story lines...better story-lines. Who knows, Jen may have originally planned to do a series, but had such great ideas for hour long plots that they are called specials.

Can't wait for thissss. And lots of Caroline pleeeease!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Jun 2009, 19:53

Apparently some TV mag has said that they're ''only'' doing three specials, which will be broadcast in September!

The disappointing news is that it's not an actual season, so no 6 episodes (all lasting one hour) but the good news, on the other hand, is that it's gonna be broadcast so soon already. I can't wait!
<<

Philippa

Post 19 Jun 2009, 16:14

September's quite soon indeed! I really can't wait for this, I'm sure it's going to be so good!
I'm really curious what these specials will have in store for the characters :d

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 19 Jun 2009, 23:35

They must bring Dawn French (Rosie), David Mitchell (James Vine), Sue Jonhston (Sal Vine) and Pauline McLynn (Tip) back, I absolutely adored the characters they played, but as far as I'm concerned, most of the old cast was brought back for another series, except for - unfortunately - Joanna.

I missed the Delilah in series 2 dearly, and I'd love to catch just another glimpse of her, riding her bike or buying some more tomatoes. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Jun 2009, 08:55

Oh yes, if only they'd bring Delilah back, I absolutely love that character.

I want to buy a tomato
I need 5P
GOODBYE!

:lmao:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Jun 2009, 10:19

And her everlasting ''I'm so sorry!'', haha. I'm convinced Jennifer actually got that from Joanna herself, as she always seems to say that when she messes up her lines.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Jul 2009, 23:40

Brand new series of J&J coming up!

I don't think Joanna's going to be in it unfortunately, as I still haven't seen any promo pictures of Delilah. The Queenie, Spike and Colin characters seem to have disappeared unfortunately too (not to mention the vicar...) but there's a new bloke in that could possibly be Sal's new lover?!

Anyway, I'm still really looking forward to the new episodes. :hyper:
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Jul 2009, 09:17

Nice picture!!
Sue Johnston looks different, and so does Rosie What's-her-name, who plays Kate.

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jul 2009, 11:21

Indeed Sue does, but I think I like this better to be honest. I really miss some of the characters, so I wonder how Jennifer has written a new series based on so very few characters compared to the last two shows...

The promo pictures are really great though: you should take a look at the J&J 3 topic on the JS forum. :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Jul 2009, 12:15

Well just because not everyone's in the promo picture, doesn't necessarily mean they're not in the show either. Would be a shame if characters like Queenie would be gone..
But maybe the actors weren't available, who can say?

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jul 2009, 22:04

Well, you're right there of course, but the photographs that were released to promote the previous series, included basically all the whole regular cast... It does takes some time to get used to all the characters though, and as it's very likely that they're ''only'' doing a few specials, I can understand why they didn't go for a very big cast this time...

Shame though, I'm definitely going to miss certain characters.
<<

Erin

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 19 Jul 2009, 00:48

I wonder if they didn't consider the other characters (like Tip's husband) "main" characters so didn't include htem in the pic. Or Nadine, too, although she's surely in the show. But Spike is a major character missing! How could he be gone though, what with teh wedding just happening and all? Maybe he just wasn't available the day they shot photos or something...?

Even though it's three specials, I tell myself that it's the SAME as 6 episodes time-wise. It's just nice to have everything more stretched out so it feels like there's more to enjoy. Also I was hoping for another Christmas ep.

Doubt we're going to see John this season, at least not if Ade plays him. :( :( And this will probably be the last season too, I can't imagine there being a 4th even though we'd all love it.
<<

Philippa

Post 19 Jul 2009, 09:59

I didn't even realise that Spike was missing! He's indeed a major character and it would be a shame if he's not in it now! I too like to thing that some of the people just weren't available for the photoshoot, but will still be in the actual episodes. *Fingers crossed*

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 19 Jul 2009, 11:01

It seems quite onlogical that they would leave Spike out directly after the wedding, which was the actual end of series 2... I also miss the vicar actually - I dunno what the guy's name is, but he also appeared in Sensitive Skin, and had the guest role of 'Max' in AbFab. Shame though - he wasn't a main character, but I did like him, especially as a double act with James Vine.
<<

Philippa

Post 19 Jul 2009, 12:15

Patrick Barlow? Yeah he's great. I hope he'll still be in it. He wasn't in any of the earlier promo pictures, usually they show just the women anyway, so there's a chance he's still in it. I have a feeling he will be.

Next

Return to Absolutely Fabulous