Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 10 Aug 2011, 12:19

Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

We might have talked about it already but a couple of days ago, 'Laughing At The 90s' (a doco on comedy by Jen Saundes) finally aired! Lots and lots of of chatter about AbFab, and Dawn French, Ruby Wax and Jo all made a guest appearance!

Even if you're not a huge fan of AbFab, I'd still recommend watching this. The pieces and bits of shows that they've picked are hilarious and it's a brings back a lot of nice memories from the nineties. (at least, it did for me) Plus, Jo and Jen catching up and joking together is just wonderful to see!

Laughing At The 90s: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jenn ... at-the-90s
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 10 Aug 2011, 14:20

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Oh, that does sound like fun! :grin: Alas, I can't watch it via Channel 4. Pity. :doubt:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 10 Aug 2011, 15:33

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, that does sound like fun! :grin: Alas, I can't watch it via Channel 4. Pity. :doubt:


Too bad there are no videos up the Youtube account... Esther did upload the who doco to the Jennifer forum, perhaps she could share the links here as well. I'll ask her. :wink:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 10 Aug 2011, 18:36

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

A friend of mine taped it for me, I hope to get it this weekend. Isn't it somewhere on the internet, too? I tried to download it yesterday, but it was only on filesonic and too big to download without an account :cry:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 11 Aug 2011, 09:28

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

It was really good, you're all going to love it. Plus Joanna look's very pretty!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 11 Aug 2011, 13:30

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, that does sound like fun! :grin: Alas, I can't watch it via Channel 4. Pity. :doubt:


Too bad there are no videos up the Youtube account... Esther did upload the who doco to the Jennifer forum, perhaps she could share the links here as well. I'll ask her. :wink:


Thanks, Maartje! :grin:
<<

Becky

User avatar

Obsession

Posts: 524

Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 23:44

Location: New Zealand

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Aug 2011, 09:48

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

I can't watch it either. Hope someone shares the link somewhere :)
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 27 Aug 2011, 12:06

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

The moment where Jen and Jo hug is just :wub:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 27 Aug 2011, 16:12

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Cheers_Thanks_Alot wrote:The moment where Jen and Jo hug is just :wub:


Yep, nothing more to add to that! :wub:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 27 Aug 2011, 16:34

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

It's just a moment where you have to rewind because you are just totally taken back by the cuteness!
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Aug 2011, 19:00

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Cheers_Thanks_Alot wrote:It's just a moment where you have to rewind because you are just totally taken back by the cuteness!


I couldn't agree more!

Sorry by the way girls, I promised that I'd ask Esther if I could share the link here but I forgot! :blush:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 27 Aug 2011, 21:47

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Maartje wrote:I couldn't agree more!


I soo just didn't hear Caroline say that in my head! :lol:
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Aug 2011, 21:48

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Cheers_Thanks_Alot wrote:
Maartje wrote:I couldn't agree more!


I soo just didn't hear Caroline say that in my head! :lol:


Haha! Nice thought.. :lol:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 28 Aug 2011, 09:09

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

:lol:
I think that Jo's wearing the same top as on the cover of her book, am I right?
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 28 Aug 2011, 10:24

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Cheers_Thanks_Alot wrote:I think that Jo's wearing the same top as on the cover of her book, am I right?


You are right, impressive spotting! :thumb:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 28 Aug 2011, 13:02

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Yayy!
Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 28 Aug 2011, 13:28

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Cheers_Thanks_Alot wrote::lol:
I think that Jo's wearing the same top as on the cover of her book, am I right?


Impressive, I didn't notice that :thumb:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 28 Aug 2011, 13:54

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

:grin: :happy:
Do you think that it is Jo's top then? Nice to know she wears her own clothes for photo-shoot's and is not always in what the costume designer puts her in like most photo-shoot's.
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 28 Aug 2011, 18:42

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Well, why not. Especially if she wants to put it on a cover of a book with a lot of private photos from herself. If it where me, I think I would insist to wear what I want and since Joanna always looks great in what she wears I am sure the photographer/designer didn't mind either.
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 28 Aug 2011, 21:36

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

LunaFive wrote:Well, why not. Especially if she wants to put it on a cover of a book with a lot of private photos from herself. If it where me, I think I would insist to wear what I want and since Joanna always looks great in what she wears I am sure the photographer/designer didn't mind either.


Also remember that Joanna wore a lot of her own clothes when she modelled, because that was the way it was back then--you did your own hair/make-up/wardrobe. There was no one around to do it for you. So she'd be more likely to bring her own clothes even if it was just out of habit. She rewears things all the time anyway.
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 29 Aug 2011, 07:27

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Also remember that Joanna wore a lot of her own clothes when she modelled, because that was the way it was back then--you did your own hair/make-up/wardrobe. There was no one around to do it for you. So she'd be more likely to bring her own clothes even if it was just out of habit. She rewears things all the time anyway.


Which I think it's great that she rewears her things as we do, too. Another reason why I like her so much :wave:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 29 Aug 2011, 12:08

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Also remember that Joanna wore a lot of her own clothes when she modelled, because that was the way it was back then--you did your own hair/make-up/wardrobe. There was no one around to do it for you. So she'd be more likely to bring her own clothes even if it was just out of habit. She rewears things all the time anyway.


Which I think it's great that she rewears her things as we do, too. Another reason why I like her so much :wave:


I agree here! :thumb:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 29 Aug 2011, 12:54

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Also remember that Joanna wore a lot of her own clothes when she modelled, because that was the way it was back then--you did your own hair/make-up/wardrobe. There was no one around to do it for you. So she'd be more likely to bring her own clothes even if it was just out of habit. She rewears things all the time anyway.


Which I think it's great that she rewears her things as we do, too. Another reason why I like her so much :wave:


I think it's great, too--much less wasteful than needing something new absolutely every time you go out. Makes it funner because you can play "spot the repeat" too. :lol:
<<

Becky

User avatar

Obsession

Posts: 524

Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 23:44

Location: New Zealand

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Aug 2011, 00:34

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

I think it's delightful that she re-wears her clothes! (haha, delightful, a sort of word Jo would use to describe something)
With all the money she has, she doesn't have to go out and wear something different all the time. She shows everyone it's ok to wear things again! :thumb:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

User avatar

Really New Avenger

Posts: 1983

Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

Post 30 Aug 2011, 08:50

Re: Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s

Becky wrote:I think it's delightful that she re-wears her clothes! (haha, delightful, a sort of word Jo would use to describe something)
With all the money she has, she doesn't have to go out and wear something different all the time. She shows everyone it's ok to wear things again! :thumb:


I have to agree here as well. :thumb:

Return to Other

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron

Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation
suspicion-preferred