Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Joanna Lumley's Greek Odyssey

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 17 Oct 2011, 23:55

Re: Joanna Lumley's Greek Odyssey

The cover looks great! Did anyone manage to catch part 2 tonight? Was it good? :squee:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Oct 2011, 05:30

Mara wrote:The cover looks great! Did anyone manage to catch part 2 tonight? Was it good? :squee:

Oh, was yesterday already? I thought they would air it every Thursday... If someone could please upload it... Philippa, dear???? :wave:

Part 1 is not available on Rapidshare etc. That gives me some kind of hope for the rest of the episodes :hyper:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Oct 2011, 09:15

LunaFive wrote:
Mara wrote:The cover looks great! Did anyone manage to catch part 2 tonight? Was it good? :squee:

Oh, was yesterday already? I thought they would air it every Thursday... If someone could please upload it... Philippa, dear???? :wave:

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought I'd seen some tweets last night? Does it really air on Thursday? That means 3 more days of waiting. :no:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Oct 2011, 12:16

Mara wrote:
LunaFive wrote:

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought I'd seen some tweets last night? Does it really air on Thursday? That means 3 more days of waiting. :no:

Well, I checked it out on ItV, they say the next one will be Thursday! I wish it would be sooner :wub:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Oct 2011, 14:39

It's shown on Thursdays :yes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 19 Oct 2011, 15:24

Either, the reviews of the first part weren't exactly ravishing. :doubt: Here's one from a sour Guardian critic who failed to understand that this documentary is merely entertaining, not educating. It occurs to me that she'd have preferred the insight-documentary ''Joanna Lumley: why Greece has gone bankrupt but the Greek people continue to spend money like water''. *le sigh*

Also, when did showing compassion become a crime?! We have enough programmes filled with celebrities who criticise and bash people's confidence already, thank you. She gets emotional when she sees or hears something that touches her and she's not afraid of showing it, which I love about her.

Either way, at least the Independent - surprisingly - gets the entertaining value of this programme and captured it in this nice review: click
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 Oct 2011, 18:42

Mara wrote:Either, the reviews of the first part weren't exactly ravishing. :doubt: Here's one from a sour Guardian critic who failed to understand that this documentary is merely entertaining, not educating. It occurs to me that she'd have preferred the insight-documentary ''Joanna Lumley: why Greece has gone bankrupt but the Greek people continue to spend money like water''. *le sigh*

Also, when did showing compassion become a crime?! We have enough programmes filled with celebrities who criticise and bash people's confidence already, thank you. She gets emotional when she sees or hears something that touches her and she's not afraid of showing it, which I love about her.

Either way, at least the Independent - surprisingly - gets the entertaining value of this programme and captured it in this nice review: click

thank you for the links to the reviews. I really have to agree with you, the first one didn't seem to get the point of the documentary at all. I am a little angry that she is writing so bad about Joanna showing some emotions - that's what I love in her documentaries, it's real, not faked and like you said, she's not afraid to show emotions. So why critisize it? I think we all have been in situations like that (at least I have), that's why I enjoy her documentaries, Joanna gives me the impression that she's "just an ordinary traveller" (like with the bed in the train in the Nile documentary) and that is - together with new facts I didn't know about the country - what counts for me. :thumb:
Probably this Zoe Williams is just envious because no-one would offer her such an opportunity in the first place. :tongue:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 22 Oct 2011, 21:28

Part 2 was good, more serious in tone. A lot of fun.
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 22 Oct 2011, 23:37

A couple of things I learnt from this documentary so far:

1. Jo loves hats.
2. Jo loves the word 'extraordinary'. And 'narrow'.
3. Jo can't pull of the two-finger whistle. Jennifer Saunders can.
4. Jo cries a lot.
5. Jo is excellent at multitasking. Like riding a horse whilst reading a poem.

Can't wait for next week!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 25 Oct 2011, 18:37

Mara wrote:A couple of things I learnt from this documentary so far:

1. Jo loves hats.
2. Jo loves the word 'extraordinary'. And 'narrow'.
3. Jo can't pull of the two-finger whistle. Jennifer Saunders can.
4. Jo cries a lot.
5. Jo is excellent at multitasking. Like riding a horse whilst reading a poem.

Can't wait for next week!

Ha, ha, you made me laughing out loud, really! I just watched part 2 today (as I returned only yesterday and was too exhausted to take it in) but I agree with you. Jo really loves hats (and she can wear them, not everybody who wears hats, can do that as I might ad) and I had to laugh about your "narrow".. this brought bad Nile memories to me :lmao:
I by the way found it quite touching that she cried again in this episode. She seems to be as emotional as I am sometimes :yes:

I might add a point
6. Jo does not get seasick. I would have been green on the boat she was driving on (from the first show)

I really liked this episode, even if it was a bit more serious as JackieO already pointed out.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 28 Oct 2011, 02:30

LunaFive wrote:Ha, ha, you made me laughing out loud, really! I just watched part 2 today (as I returned only yesterday and was too exhausted to take it in) but I agree with you.

Haha well I'm glad it made you laugh. I try my best.. :whistle:

Before I actually start looking for downloads: was there another part on today?
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 28 Oct 2011, 06:14

Mara wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Ha, ha, you made me laughing out loud, really! I just watched part 2 today (as I returned only yesterday and was too exhausted to take it in) but I agree with you.

Haha well I'm glad it made you laugh. I try my best.. :whistle:

Before I actually start looking for downloads: was there another part on today?

Yes, there was another part and you can already find it in the internet to download! :hyper:
<<

Philippa

Post 22 Nov 2011, 12:33

I ordered my copy of the DVD and it has already been dispatched, so hopefully it'll be here by Thursday! :hyper:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 22 Nov 2011, 13:22

Philippa wrote:I ordered my copy of the DVD and it has already been dispatched, so hopefully it'll be here by Thursday! :hyper:

Oh yes please, we could watch it together :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 22 Nov 2011, 18:27

Weeeeeell, only if you're really nice to me :angel:

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 22 Nov 2011, 19:22

I received my copy today, just one day after my return, THAT was quick! :hyper:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 23 Nov 2011, 01:31

Ooh, does it have any extras on it?

Philippa wrote:Weeeeeell, only if you're really nice to me :angel:

I always am! (I think..) :whistle:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 23 Nov 2011, 11:37

Mara wrote:Ooh, does it have any extras on it?

That's a good question, I haven't checked it out really but I think not
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 23 Nov 2011, 11:41

LunaFive wrote:
Mara wrote:Ooh, does it have any extras on it?

That's a good question, I haven't checked it out really but I think not

Shame. I'm very happy that ITV is producing all these documentaries, but when the BBC still produced them, we got extras, behind-the-scenes stuff, ect. Ah well...
<<

Philippa

Post 23 Nov 2011, 12:50

I love behind the scenes stuff. It should be mandatory to put those features on every single DVD that's released :lol:

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 23 Nov 2011, 19:49

It really is a shame but there are no extras. Okay, we might even be grateful that they put it on DVD in the first place (I don't think if they would have done it in Germany) but it sure would have been lovely to have extras
<<

JoannaFan

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 01 Jan 2012, 07:19

I saw it all and loved it :wub:. She's so amazing! <333
I also have the DVD! She's an amazing story teller and also amazing with the way she narrates and talks. :wub: :wub:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Jan 2012, 10:14

JoannaFan wrote:I saw it all and loved it :wub:. She's so amazing! <333
I also have the DVD! She's an amazing story teller and also amazing with the way she narrates and talks. :wub: :wub:

I totally agree with you on that! :wub: I usually don't watch documentaries like this because they are usually boring and no fun to watch, but Joanna has a unique way, it's pure joy to watch her travel!
<<

Philippa

Post 01 Jan 2012, 10:42

I watched all of them with my mum over the Christmas period and we both loved it. We adore Greece, so for us it really was the perfect documentary :wub:

<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 15 Jan 2012, 15:57

I never saw it on tv. But I caught it on YouTube recently (hasn't aired yet). I loved it! Not as much as her others, but I enjoyed it. Nana featured and she is one of my favorite singers, so bonus :p
PreviousNext

Return to Documentaries