Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Joanna Lumley's Nile

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 12:09

Joanna Lumley's Nile

The 4-part ITV series where Joanna travels up the river Nile to find its source.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 13:52

Re: Joanna Lumley's Nile

Watched the repeats this week-- still as great as it was in April!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 31 Dec 2010, 23:44

I watched it too, loved seeing it again over the chrsitmas. :grin:
Watched it this time with my dad - he thought that it was funny when she could not get the bed down on the train. :lol:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 03 Jan 2011, 06:39

I saw one episode last week. I was so angry I missed the previous week. It was on last night, but it was at my step-dad's place and he hogs the telly. So I couldn't watch it..I was mad. (understandable). Just when I was enjoying it...Guess the series is finished now :(

xxx
<<

Philippa

Post 03 Jan 2011, 09:32

It is a 4 part series, so if you've seen one part and missed two, then there should be one more part for you to see!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 03 Jan 2011, 14:43

Becky wrote:I saw one episode last week. I was so angry I missed the previous week. It was on last night, but it was at my step-dad's place and he hogs the telly. So I couldn't watch it..I was mad. (understandable). Just when I was enjoying it...Guess the series is finished now :(

xxx

If you don't want to buy the DVD you can always check out YouTube, I know it's there, too :thumb:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 03 Jan 2011, 16:50

LunaFive wrote:If you don't want to buy the DVD you can always check out YouTube, I know it's there, too :thumb:

It is but I promise you that you won't regret buying the DVD. I have my own copy too and I keep watching it over and over again. :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 03 Jan 2011, 19:50

Maartje wrote:
LunaFive wrote:If you don't want to buy the DVD you can always check out YouTube, I know it's there, too :thumb:

It is but I promise you that you won't regret buying the DVD. I have my own copy too and I keep watching it over and over again. :wink:

I agree with Maartje here, you have to buy the DVD, too, of course, I just forgot to mention it. This way noboday can stop you from watching it when you want to do it! :wink:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 04 Jan 2011, 05:18

LunaFive wrote:
Becky wrote:I saw one episode last week. I was so angry I missed the previous week. It was on last night, but it was at my step-dad's place and he hogs the telly. So I couldn't watch it..I was mad. (understandable). Just when I was enjoying it...Guess the series is finished now :(

xxx

If you don't want to buy the DVD you can always check out YouTube, I know it's there, too :thumb:

Oh gosh, I totally forgot about Youtube. HAHA. I'm kind-of banned from using it though, because I download too much stuff. I got banned from my parents place :doubt:

xxx
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 04 Jan 2011, 11:34

Becky wrote:Oh gosh, I totally forgot about Youtube. HAHA. I'm kind-of banned from using it though, because I download too much stuff. I got banned from my parents place :doubt:

Oh damn. Do they actually ban users for taking too much videos off their website? *makes note of that*
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 04 Jan 2011, 12:01

Not just Youtube. I download heaps of textures and PSD's for my graphics. Then there are the Agnetha vids and pictures. It's hard to avoid downloading things though. Every little picture is a download. Even tiny little smilies are downloads. Even text!. Haha.
I'll find a way to watch the show when the speed is back :brows:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 04 Jan 2011, 19:40

[quote="Becky"
If you don't want to buy the DVD you can always check out YouTube, I know it's there, too :thumb:[/quote]
Oh gosh, I totally forgot about Youtube. HAHA. I'm kind-of banned from using it though, because I download too much stuff. I got banned from my parents place :doubt:
xxx[/quote]

they do ban you from downloading by Youtube? That's crazy. I wonder why they didn't ban me so far as I downloaded a lot there, too. Do they tell you that you are banned? :confused:
<<

Philippa

Post 06 Jan 2011, 10:47

I've downloaded heaps from YouTube etc as well and so far I've not been banned from doing so. Very odd this..

<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 13 Jan 2011, 03:46

I think it's because we currenly have very slow speed, so every bit we save, it helps a lot. They go there and watch vids though..haha. It's ok :P
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 09 Feb 2011, 13:03

Canadian channel TVO is airing this one, so I can finally watch it. I missed the first episode, but at least I can see the other three. :grin:
<<

Philippa

Post 12 Feb 2011, 16:21

That's great. Hope you'll enjoy them Timeless :grin:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 12 Feb 2011, 17:44

Philippa wrote:That's great. Hope you'll enjoy them Timeless :grin:

I'm sure I will. :yes: I just need time to watch them. :lol:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 26 Feb 2011, 14:00

Caroline Quentin is doing a documentary in India soon - I love her but I wonder how it will be compared to Jo's.
<<

Philippa

Post 26 Feb 2011, 15:02

bexyshortcake wrote:Caroline Quentin is doing a documentary in India soon - I love her but I wonder how it will be compared to Jo's.

Oh lovely! I like Caroline Quentin so that'll be interesting to watch. I, too, wonder how hers will compare to Joanna's :yes:

<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 26 Feb 2011, 15:39

Philippa wrote:
bexyshortcake wrote:Caroline Quentin is doing a documentary in India soon - I love her but I wonder how it will be compared to Jo's.

Oh lovely! I like Caroline Quentin so that'll be interesting to watch. I, too, wonder how hers will compare to Joanna's :yes:

Me too - I think that there will be 3x60 mins
Caroline Quentin: A Passage Through India. I think it start's March 8th !! Will be good to see what her's is like.
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 01 Mar 2011, 09:06

I've been watching it again, I never noticed how funny the doco really is :lol: . She has these little quirks, that really aren't MEANT to be amusing, but they are. I've watched it three times this week :tongue:
<<

Sunday Girl

Target

Post 15 Mar 2011, 19:53

It's being repeated in the UK at the moment so it's the first chance I've had to see it and I'm in love :wub: Joanna makes everything she documents a million times more interesting than it already is. And yes, Becky, her quirks are hilarious and adorable.

I laughed a lot at her comment about not being able to remember the 7 wonders of the world because she was too hungry :lmao:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 20 Mar 2011, 05:28

"You're Stark Naked! You're BUTT NAKED!!!!!!"
LMAO

<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 22 Mar 2011, 09:40

Haha Jo's face in that cap !! :lol:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 27 Mar 2011, 04:33

lol. It was hard to capture it, because she only has that face for a second. It's priceless :lmao:
Next

Return to Documentaries