Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Joanna related Youtube videos

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 15 Jan 2011, 13:53

Joanna related Youtube videos

The funniest Sensitive Skin moment, 1 and 30 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbuRcCIgdSA

And particularly this comment, haha:
Joanna Lumley is a goddess. She makes Helen Mirren look like an old hag.

:lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Jan 2011, 18:21

Re: Joanna related Youtube videos

I always felt sorry for her when he said that :lmao:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

joannafrenchfan

Target

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Jan 2011, 13:26

I came across these, which I find very funny, especially the second one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auEbIXPu ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLxjHOnJ ... r_embedded

Thoughts? :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Jan 2011, 14:38

The yoghurt ads! Didn't she do another one more recently? Honestly, Joanna could make me buy almost everything with that voice of hers. :lol:

Also, I have to say that woman impersonating her was good!
<<

joannafrenchfan

Target

Post 16 Jan 2011, 15:36

I totally agree with you. I laughed because of the hair and the sort of "sexy" aspect of the ad.

The actress is quite talented, for sure! I love the quotation: "But now, I've turned my attention to another injustice, to which I felt compelled to lend my sultry voice... my beautiful hair... and my sizzling legs." xD
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 16 Jan 2011, 15:38

Maartje wrote:The yoghurt ads! Didn't she do another one more recently? Honestly, Joanna could make me buy almost everything with that voice of hers. :lol:

Also, I have to say that woman impersonating her was good!

There have been a few Joanna yoghurt ads--maybe she really likes yoghurt. :lmao:

I loved the parody, too--very well done. Scrumptious Joanna Lumley and her sizzling legs. :lolol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Jan 2011, 19:19

joannafrenchfan wrote:I came across these, which I find very funny, especially the second one:

Oh boy, I would even try this yoghurt also I don't like the Müller company at all and don't buy their products. But Joanna could sell me anything :lmao: this voice! :hearteyes:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Jan 2011, 21:29

Yea she did the Muller Vitality ones.
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jan 2011, 19:55

I just found this interview which I'm really excited about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUyrWXnVT08

Jen/Jo footage I had never seen before! :hyper: I've seen other clips from that French interview but this one's the best so far.

''Diana Rigg was always my favourite.''
*makes face*

''Are you still talking about her career?!'' *points*

I nearly died when Jen called the Purdey bob a 'pudding bowl'. I don't think there are two other women on television whom I love more. :worship:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jan 2011, 20:49

Maartje wrote:I just found this interview which I'm really excited about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUyrWXnVT08

Jen/Jo footage I had never seen before! :hyper: I've seen other clips from that French interview but this one's the best so far.

*makes face*

I nearly died when Jen called the Purdey bob a 'pudding bowl'. I don't think there are two other women on television whom I love more. :worship:

That is fun. I skipped forward to the TNA bits, I admit. I love how they keep making out that Joanna is ancient compared to Jennifer, as though TNA happened back in 1925 or something. "Are they (Gareth and Patrick) evne still alive?" "What? Yes! They're both alive!" Complete with two fingers held up, just to make it clear that no one had gone by 1995. :lmao:

"I was too young for it, really." :lolol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jan 2011, 22:38

Jennifer is ''only'' 12 years younger so it's not that much. :lol: Neither of them are ancient yet anyway. (I think) :whistle:

It's a brillant interview though, isn't it? It had me crying with laughter - they just have a wonderful chemistry going on that allows them to tease each other even when the cameras are rolling. It shows what good friends they are. ^^

Jo should stop showing off though. Her French is quite good, I'll admit to that, but it's a bit too much. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jan 2011, 23:36

Maartje wrote:Jennifer is ''only'' 12 years younger so it's not that much. :lol: Neither of them are ancient yet anyway. (I think) :whistle:

It's a brillant interview though, isn't it? It had me crying with laughter - they just have a wonderful chemistry going on that allows them to tease each other even when the cameras are rolling. It shows what good friends they are. ^^

Jo should stop showing off though. Her French is quite good, I'll admit to that, but it's a bit too much. :lol:

They're not anywhere close to ancient, but they love making out that Joanna's a relic of a bygone age. :lmao: I agree--only good friends can joke about that kind of thing. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 26 Jan 2011, 10:12

Hahaha that parody. They do love to take the micky out of Joanna on the Impressions Show :lmao:

And I already knew that clip of Jen and Jo, but can I just say how fabulous Jo's accent is when she speaks French? She should stop saying she's bad at it, because she really isn't!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Jan 2011, 10:48

Philippa wrote:And I already knew that clip of Jen and Jo, but can I just say how fabulous Jo's accent is when she speaks French? She should stop saying she's bad at it, because she really isn't!

I just noticed it was uploaded to Youtube in 2009 - how on earth did I miss it before? :huh:

My favourite bit was ''you did use to have a hair cut like mine'', because it's a rare glimpse of how they interact. They talk directly to each other for a brief moment which is rare. And it's cute! :wub:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Jan 2011, 10:56

Maartje wrote:
Philippa wrote:And I already knew that clip of Jen and Jo, but can I just say how fabulous Jo's accent is when she speaks French? She should stop saying she's bad at it, because she really isn't!

I just noticed it was uploaded to Youtube in 2009 - how on earth did I miss it before? :huh:

My favourite bit was ''you did use to have a hair cut like mine'', because it's a rare glimpse of how they interact. They talk directly to each other for a brief moment which is rare. And it's cute! :wub:

I really need to re-watch this. I know I downloaded it in 2009 when I was searching the internet for anything Joanna related. But of course I didn't know her and Jennifer that well by then (meaning their work) so it shall be fun to re-watch it.
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 26 Feb 2011, 14:20

joannafrenchfan wrote:I came across these, which I find very funny, especially the second one:

Thank you these, I love the old advert's - it's the sound they make. :lol:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 12 Jun 2011, 01:18

Funny fan-made Youtube Vids

anyone came across anything hilarious?

I came across this one and it made me laugh so much.

Joanna's annoying voice (the animation is so funny!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZeYdjMSoE
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 12 Jun 2011, 10:29

Re: Funny fan-made Youtube Vids

I love her voice! But the animation was good.. :lol:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 12 Sep 2011, 04:46

Joanna talks about New Zealand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-s5tnQruU

:squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:
*dies*
Come over here and meet me NOW.
Who cares about your damn play!! :tongue:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 Sep 2011, 14:01

Re: I THINK I JUST DIED. Joanna talks about New Zealand

That's so cute! I remember how excited I got when I found out that she was supporting Holland when we were in the race for the World Soccer Cup's finale. :lol:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 21 Oct 2011, 20:13

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Maartje wrote:I just found this interview which I'm really excited about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUyrWXnVT08

*makes face*

That is fun. I skipped forward to the TNA bits, I admit. I love how they keep making out that Joanna is ancient compared to Jennifer, as though TNA happened back in 1925 or something. "Are they (Gareth and Patrick) evne still alive?" "What? Yes! They're both alive!" Complete with two fingers held up, just to make it clear that no one had gone by 1995. :lmao:

"I was too young for it, really." :lolol:

I've just seen this. Very funny. I like how Jennifer (mis)treats Joanna just like she does Dawn. The "yes, they're both alive - vivre encore " is both funny and (restrospectively) sad. Off to The Avengers Forum with this!
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 12 Feb 2012, 09:45

I'm not sure when this was or where it's from, but it's a short clip from a Q&A with Joanna, where she's asked for advice by a girl who's thinking of going to drama school. Very funny :lol:
Link

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Feb 2012, 09:58

Philippa wrote:I'm not sure when this was or where it's from, but it's a short clip from a Q&A with Joanna, where she's asked for advice by a girl who's thinking of going to drama school. Very funny :lol:
Link

I have seen that before, I downloaded it a while ago, I think it's very funny and she's got a point there! :lmao:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 12 Feb 2012, 12:31

Philippa wrote:I'm not sure when this was or where it's from, but it's a short clip from a Q&A with Joanna, where she's asked for advice by a girl who's thinking of going to drama school. Very funny :lol:
Link

Haha, brilliant! I hadn't seen that before. Very funny and her advice is bang on the money too, in my opinion. :lol:

"And always have something else, a second string -- doiiing-- to you bow. Or do they mean 'woo-ooo'? I'm not sure." :lmao:

I'm fairly certain she was right with the first mime, although you never know with these English idioms; sometimes their origins are a tad abstruse to say the least. It might have nothing to do with neither bows or violins! :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 12 Feb 2012, 13:30

''DON'T GO''. I have a feeling drama schools all over the UK are having major facepalm moments now :lmao: I can see where she's coming from, although she must admit herself that some of Britain's finest actors did indeed finish their education in drama school (e.g. Diana Rigg) V funny though, thanks.

Speaking of modelling and her youth, this is one of my all time favourite Jo clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9r5-oG ... creen&NR=1

It shows how charmingly immature she was and yet how very little she has changed in forty years. ^^
Next

Return to Joanna discussion