Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Joanna's screen worn AbFab costumes

<<

tapnet

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 25 Apr 2011, 16:56

Joanna's screen worn AbFab costumes

Hi everyone!
I know some of you have been interested in getting hold of Joanna's actual wardrobe items worn in the series. A couple of years ago I bought quite a few items worn by the main cast, direct from the BBC (via their Comic Relief auction). They were each one of a kind items and came with a certificate of authenticity signed by Comic Relief. I am not a costume dealer, just a TV/ film fan who collects various costumes and props from shows (I also teach film). I have recently sold my Jennifer Saunders items to raise money for other things, and am now planning on selling the other items at pretty much what I paid for them. I have two of Joanna's costumes from very memorable scenes... I also have several 'Bubble' costumes too. If anyone is interested let me know!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 25 Apr 2011, 18:40

Re: Joanna's screen worn Ab Fab costumes

Hi there!

First of all: welcome to the forum. And how fabulous that you managed to get hold of some of these outfits! Which Patsy costumes do you have for sale? :wink:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 25 Apr 2011, 21:50

Hi and welcome to the forum! How fantastic that you own a few of these costumes! It would be great if you could show us some pictures, so we can see which ones you've got on offer :yes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

tapnet

Post 26 Apr 2011, 00:23

Hi
The costumes are both from series 5.
The first is the glamorous red Ronik Zilkha jacket and trousers (with long silk belt) worn by Joanna in the episode Birthin'. In the episode she proudly displays the outfit before Saffy begins to go into labor, resulting in it getting rather wet...! You can actually still screen-match the water marks on the suit (the substance used by the prop/costume department was actually more gel-like in its consistency and can therefore still be seen when holding the costume up to the light).
The second Patsy outfit is her Booberella costume from Schmoozin'! This consists of her black zip-up pvc jumpsuit, along with her studded collar. Joanna is also featured wearing this on the cover of the series 5 DVD.
The pic below was taken by Comic Relief who have also featured a basque in the shot. The basque is not actually part of the Booberella costume.
Enjoy!

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 26 Apr 2011, 09:02

The Huki-Muki and the Booberella costume, oh these are absolutely brilliant! :squee:
Thanks so much for posting the pictures.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 27 Apr 2011, 14:46

O`oo that's great, thank you for posting pictures.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Apr 2011, 15:06

Ow wow, those are amazing collector's items! :squee: Just wondering... Didn't I contact you before? I remember seeing these pictures and some others on Ebay and I contacted the seller on the price and I also helped out on the episodes the outfits were from. :wink: I'm not entire sure though.
<<

tapnet

Post 27 Apr 2011, 22:28

Maartje wrote:Ow wow, those are amazing collector's items! :squee: Just wondering... Didn't I contact you before? I remember seeing these pictures and some others on Ebay and I contacted the seller on the price and I also helped out on the episodes the outfits were from. :wink: I'm not entire sure though.

Hi Maartje, :wave:
Afraid it wasn't me you contacted :no: maybe it was Comic Relief when they first put these and various other Ab Fab costumes up for auction (although they didn't use Ebay, but another auction site called Marketplace09.com). I did briefly put the Booberella costume on Ebay, but never the 'Huki-Muki'! I believe some Ab Fab costumes were sold last year by Angels (film & tv costumers) when they were having a clear out - maybe it was some of these costumes you saw being sold on by the buyer?
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Apr 2011, 17:29

Great items, what did you pay for them?
Yes I remember some similar ones on EBay last year, don't think they ever sold though.
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

tapnet

Post 10 Oct 2011, 19:50

Sorry about the long delay in getting back to you. A mixture of remembering to find the information for you, along with remembering where the info is kept!
I can now tell you that I paid £200 for the red outfit & £310 for the Boobarella costume (both direst from BBC Comic Relief).
I intend to offer these on Ebay for about £200 each, but if anyone is interested let me know and you can have first refusal.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Oct 2012, 07:48

She's auctioning off clothes again, some of Patsy's in fact! Clickety click.

I absolutely love the black/white polkadot top, but I have no doubt that these pieces will raise a lot of money. I'm keeping an eye on these though :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Oct 2012, 07:00

Mara wrote:She's auctioning off clothes again, some of Patsy's in fact! Clickety click.

I absolutely love the black/white polkadot top, but I have no doubt that these pieces will raise a lot of money. I'm keeping an eye on these though :wink:

I cannot open the link???? I must be a member of the Jen forum to do so :no:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Oct 2012, 13:07

Oh hang on, I copied the link to the post on the Jen Saunders forum, not the actual article. Try again :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Oct 2012, 07:30

Nope, it does not work for me, sorry!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 31 Oct 2012, 00:17

LunaFive wrote:Nope, it does not work for me, sorry!

Sorry Britta, one more try: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/art ... drobe.html

:blush:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Oct 2012, 06:40

Thank you, this time it worked! :wave:

Return to Absolutely Fabulous