Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Jonathan Creek - The Clue of the Savant's Thumb

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Mar 2013, 01:12

Jonathan Creek - The Clue of the Savant's Thumb

Jo will star in the Easter Special of Jonathan Creek! ^^ Philippa and I saw an ad on the Beeb today and we were a bit shocked. Joanna with a short do, haven't seen that in a long time:

Apparently, she appeared on The One Show yesterday (with her lovely long locks) to promote the special episode as well.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Mar 2013, 13:30

Re: Jonathan Creek (2013)

I've seen the picture but not a trailer, but I did notice the short hair--it looks rather Purdey bobish, don't you think? :grin: I was wondering if she'd had a cut of if it was a wig, but if she had long hair in the interview, she must have wigged it. :yes:

Hopefully they'll play this over here at some point. I want to see it for the hair alone. :wink:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 31 Mar 2013, 17:41

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I was wondering if she'd had a cut of if it was a wig, but if she had long hair in the interview, she must have wigged it. :yes:

I'm not sure about that, to be honest. It looks exactly like the colour she had a couple of years ago and I don't know how long ago this was filmed. I do agree with you though - the hair alone got me curious. :grin:

By the way, the special airs tomorrow night at 21:00! (local time)
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 01 Apr 2013, 13:19

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I was wondering if she'd had a cut of if it was a wig, but if she had long hair in the interview, she must have wigged it. :yes:

I'm not sure about that, to be honest. It looks exactly like the colour she had a couple of years ago and I don't know how long ago this was filmed. I do agree with you though - the hair alone got me curious. :grin:

By the way, the special airs tomorrow night at 21:00! (local time)

I hadn't thought about when it was filmed, but I don't remember her hair being quite that short in the last couple years (unless I've forgotten). I suppose they could always have pinned it so it looked shorter as well. Either way, it still reminds me of a Purdey bob. Maybe that's what Purdey would have looked like if we saw her today, going home to Gambit at the end of the day. Hey, I can dream. :whistle:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Apr 2013, 20:34

Joanna is bonkers enough to cut off her hair for a part, so my guess is that she isn't wearing a wig. Unfortunately I'm way too tired to watch it tonight, so I'll download it tomorrow and watch it then. It's a pretty impressive cast list though so I'm excited about it :yes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 01 Apr 2013, 22:35

I hadn't planned on watching tonight but I rolled into it anyway. I had never seen the original series - it's quite surreal and a bit spooky. Joanna gets quite some screen time so even if you're just watching for her, you won't be disappointed (by the way, both mum and I agreed she was indeed wearing a wig) :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 02 Apr 2013, 13:52

Mara wrote:I hadn't planned on watching tonight but I rolled into it anyway. I had never seen the original series - it's quite surreal and a bit spooky. Joanna gets quite some screen time so even if you're just watching for her, you won't be disappointed (by the way, both mum and I agreed she was indeed wearing a wig) :lol:

I thought it was probably a wig. :lol: I've watched one season of Jonathan Creek, and like you, I was surprised how sinister it was--I expected something it to be more light-hearted than it was, I think because the way it was advertised always made it seem more that way. But I want to see Joanna in it. If only for the wig. :wink:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 02 Apr 2013, 15:40

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've watched one season of Jonathan Creek, and like you, I was surprised how sinister it was--I expected something it to be more light-hearted than it was, I think because the way it was advertised always made it seem more that way.

Exactly! I'd expected to be more of a comedy than a creepy detective show, but some of the scenes really did give me the chills. :wink:

Really loved Rik Mayall as well. The character he played was funny and quite good-looking too. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 03 Apr 2013, 21:17

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've watched one season of Jonathan Creek, and like you, I was surprised how sinister it was--I expected something it to be more light-hearted than it was, I think because the way it was advertised always made it seem more that way.

Exactly! I'd expected to be more of a comedy than a creepy detective show, but some of the scenes really did give me the chills. :wink:

Really loved Rik Mayall as well. The character he played was funny and quite good-looking too. :wink:

Yeah, I thought it was going to be more of a comedy with a mystery attached. Some of the ones I saw gave me chills as well. :wink:

I don't know that I've watched Rik Mayall in anything since Blackadder. Someone else to look out for if it comes over here. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 04 Apr 2013, 11:44

Re: Jonathan Creek - The Clue of the Savant's Thumb

Nice picture!

I have only downloaded it so far and I might watch it tonight or tomorrow. It must be a wig because there is a clip on Youtube about her trip to Senegal regarding her swopping campaign and her hair is quite long there, I don't think it could have grown back so fast (as least mine wouldn't). I never watched the show before so I am looking forward to seeing it ASAP!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Apr 2013, 20:52

LunaFive wrote:I have only downloaded it so far and I might watch it tonight or tomorrow. It must be a wig because there is a clip on Youtube about her trip to Senegal regarding her swopping campaign and her hair is quite long there, I don't think it could have grown back so fast (as least mine wouldn't).

You're right Britta. I think it was the colour that got me confused. It's the exact hair colour she had during the Sensitive Skin days and even though I prefer the light blonde, this looks pretty natural as well.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 05 Apr 2013, 06:44

Mara wrote:
LunaFive wrote:I have only downloaded it so far and I might watch it tonight or tomorrow. It must be a wig because there is a clip on Youtube about her trip to Senegal regarding her swopping campaign and her hair is quite long there, I don't think it could have grown back so fast (as least mine wouldn't).

You're right Britta. I think it was the colour that got me confused. It's the exact hair colour she had during the Sensitive Skin days and even though I prefer the light blonde, this looks pretty natural as well.

Well, I watched the show last night (and liked it, I do like those kind of spooky stories) and I think it definately was a wig. It looked pretty natural but I'm with you, I prefer her "real" blond, if you know what I mean.
<<

Philippa

Post 05 Apr 2013, 11:23

I've watched a bit of the episode, but unfortunately I haven't finished it yet. It definitely looks like a wig, and I really hope for Jo's sake that it is one because it looked pretty bad :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 06 Apr 2013, 15:51

Philippa wrote:I've watched a bit of the episode, but unfortunately I haven't finished it yet. It definitely looks like a wig, and I really hope for Jo's sake that it is one because it looked pretty bad :lol:

:lmao: I agree with you, the wig isn't the best one and I am pretty sure it is a wig! I think the guy who played her husband had the worst wig I've ever seen. If you look at recent photos from this month, her hair is much longer so it MUST have been a wig. Just MHO.
<<

Philippa

Post 06 Apr 2013, 19:12

LunaFive wrote:
Philippa wrote:I've watched a bit of the episode, but unfortunately I haven't finished it yet. It definitely looks like a wig, and I really hope for Jo's sake that it is one because it looked pretty bad :lol:

:lmao: I agree with you, the wig isn't the best one and I am pretty sure it is a wig! I think the guy who played her husband had the worst wig I've ever seen. If you look at recent photos from this month, her hair is much longer so it MUST have been a wig. Just MHO.

Somehow I don't think Nigel Planer was wearing a wig. Mind you, he used to look like this :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 07 Apr 2013, 15:44

Whaaaaaat? Her husband was played by Nigel Planer? I have two series of the Young Ones on DVD and I had no idea... The man has changed beyond recognition!
<<

Philippa

Post 08 Apr 2013, 20:19

Mara wrote:Whaaaaaat? Her husband was played by Nigel Planer? I have two series of the Young Ones on DVD and I had no idea... The man has changed beyond recognition!

Well his face hasn't changed that much in my opinion. I recognised him immediately.

What an odd pairing though eh :lolol:

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Apr 2013, 11:35

Philippa wrote:
LunaFive wrote:

Somehow I don't think Nigel Planer was wearing a wig. Mind you, he used to look like this :lol:

Ooooooops, I had no idea because I don't know the guy. Well, that makes a difference then, I think you might be right. :blush:

Return to Other