Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Julia Sawalha

<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Mar 2010, 13:48

Re: Julia Sawalha

Lovely!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 29 Mar 2010, 13:49

I love that. :heart: Thank you. :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 29 Mar 2010, 19:45

I think I've seen that picture before but I don't know when it was taken... It's lovely indeed!
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 29 Mar 2010, 23:54

It's a picture from when she appeared on 'Who Do You Think You Are'.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Mar 2010, 06:49

I just watched the last episode of Season 3 from Lark Rise to Candleford yesterday. I already miss the show and hope they will be back next year. Anyway, she's playing such a different character in Lark Rise, it's a pleasure to see her "softer side" coming on screen (she's not as though as Saffy in that role)
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 30 Mar 2010, 08:41

Indeed, she plays that character really well. Dorcas is tough, but in a good way. She's capable of showing emotions without letting them take over. (like Saffy sometimes does) A great character for Julia!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Mar 2010, 06:29

Mara wrote:Indeed, she plays that character really well. Dorcas is tough, but in a good way. She's capable of showing emotions without letting them take over. (like Saffy sometimes does) A great character for Julia!

I totally agree with you. I showed a clip from French & Saunders to my colleague (who is watching Lark Rise, too) and she couldn't believe that the one girl was Julia - she's so different in LR!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 07 May 2010, 12:44

LunaFive wrote:I totally agree with you. I showed a clip from French & Saunders to my colleague (who is watching Lark Rise, too) and she couldn't believe that the one girl was Julia - she's so different in LR!

I can imagine. The moment I start watching Lark Rise, I forget about Saffy even though the parts are somehow vaguely similar. That defines a good actor/actress for me really - being able to play all sorts of different parts and faces. Joanna can and so does Julia.

I'm afraid LRTC is just my one weakness - it's two episodes a day for me right now. :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 May 2010, 15:19

Mara wrote:
LunaFive wrote:I totally agree with you. I showed a clip from French & Saunders to my colleague (who is watching Lark Rise, too) and she couldn't believe that the one girl was Julia - she's so different in LR!

I can imagine. The moment I start watching Lark Rise, I forget about Saffy even though the parts are somehow vaguely similar. That defines a good actor/actress for me really - being able to play all sorts of different parts and faces. Joanna can and so does Julia.

I'm afraid LRTC is just my one weakness - it's two episodes a day for me right now. :lol:

Glad to hear that it's someone else's weakness, too! When I got my first 2 seasons on DVD, it was on a two-per-day basis, too. With season 3 I used the internet but now I have the DVDs.
I agree, Joanna and Julia both can play all sorts of different parts.
<<

Philippa

Post 10 May 2010, 14:39

I believe I was on three a day during the Christmas holidays :whistle:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 May 2010, 18:36

Philippa wrote:I believe I was on three a day during the Christmas holidays :whistle:

Well, I forced myself to only watch 2 eps a day so it would last longer! :whistle:
<<

Philippa

Post 12 May 2010, 11:14

I tried doing that too, but I had a mother sitting on the sofa next to me going: "can we watch another one? Pleeeaase?" :lmao:

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 May 2010, 12:20

Philippa wrote:I tried doing that too, but I had a mother sitting on the sofa next to me going: "can we watch another one? Pleeeaase?" :lmao:

wow, how cool is that! I like your mother :thumb:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 19 Aug 2010, 22:20

I've just started watching series 2 because I finally found some decent downloads - though I definitely will buy this boxed set one of these days. I'm - yet again - so impressed with Julia's acting, her character Dorcas has really grown on me. I wish they were still filming this series: it's just enjoyable and takes your mind off things, like television should do.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Aug 2010, 05:22

Oh they do still film the series. I think it's only 6 episodes this time, but they are on it right now. I hope the new ones will be aired in January 2011! :hyper:
Julia is great, isn't she? I only miss "... if my one weakness" in series two, she should have said it much more often :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Aug 2010, 07:17

LunaFive wrote:Oh they do still film the series. I think it's only 6 episodes this time, but they are on it right now. I hope the new ones will be aired in January 2011! :hyper:

Are you serious? That is amazing! See, I knew they would never ever stop making this series, it's just too brilliant. :lmao: (haha and the ''my one weakness'' is a great line, I use it now all the time myself)
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Aug 2010, 07:31

Maartje wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Oh they do still film the series. I think it's only 6 episodes this time, but they are on it right now. I hope the new ones will be aired in January 2011! :hyper:

Are you serious? That is amazing! See, I knew they would never ever stop making this series, it's just too brilliant. :lmao: (haha and the ''my one weakness'' is a great line, I use it now all the time myself)

Me too! And yes, I am serious. Just follow Oliva Hallinan on twitter and you'll see that she has to go to the post office sometimes very early :wink: Anyway, I read it on several pages, her's one of those:

http://www.larkrisetocandleford.com/2010/03/28/series-4-of-lark-rise-to-candleford/
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 21 Aug 2010, 13:40

LunaFive wrote:Me too! And yes, I am serious. Just follow Oliva Hallinan on twitter and you'll see that she has to go to the post office sometimes very early :wink: Anyway, I read it on several pages, her's one of those:

http://www.larkrisetocandleford.com/2010/03/28/series-4-of-lark-rise-to-candleford/

Haha, I've just checked but her account is set to private unfortunately. Thanks for the link, anyway. Even a sixth parter would be fine by me, as long as they don't stop doing this wonderful series. ^^
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Aug 2010, 13:44

It is? That's strange, when I "found" her, it wasn't private, she must have changed it. I'll keep you posted on any important notes regarding Lark Rise. I hope too that they will do more episodes after these 6, I just love the show!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 21 Aug 2010, 13:47

LunaFive wrote:It is? That's strange, when I "found" her, it wasn't private, she must have changed it. I'll keep you posted on any important notes regarding Lark Rise. I hope too that they will do more episodes after these 6, I just love the show!

I think she did. I send her a request but I doubt if she'll accept it. It'd be nice if you could keep me updated though - I still have to catch up with another series but I'll get there.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Aug 2010, 13:56

Sure thing! I think she likes to party and isn't against a glas of wine, if you know what I mean. But they are definately filming right now. I hope she'll accept your request!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 21 Aug 2010, 13:58

LunaFive wrote:Sure thing! I think she likes to party and isn't against a glas of wine, if you know what I mean. But they are definately filming right now. I hope she'll accept your request!

I think I know exactly what you mean, haha. It would be nice to receive updates and pictures on this series, which is what most actors use Twitter for. But of course she should decide that for herself. :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Aug 2010, 14:18

Oh pictures would be nice, so far she never posted one I'm afraid. And no hints on what's going to happen in LR or CF but I don't care as long as they are shooting at all :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Aug 2010, 19:14

Hey, I just found out that Olivia did accept me on Twitter. Lovely! ^^
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Aug 2010, 06:10

Maartje wrote:Hey, I just found out that Olivia did accept me on Twitter. Lovely! ^^

Oh that's nice!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Absolutely Fabulous