Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

''Let's get celebritied up!'' (guest stars on the show)

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 12 May 2010, 11:18

''Let's get celebritied up!'' (guest stars on the show)

Emma Bunton, Graham Norton, Naomi Campbell, Helena Bonham-Carter, Elton John... Let's celebrate our favourite guest stars on the show!

I love how all these people came on and show many of them appeared more often, haha. (''Lulu!'', Baby Spice and Twiggy) The biggest excitement for me was Debbie Harry in Gay though, I literally jumped up when I noticed Jennifer had managed to get in touch with her for the show:

Fabulous!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 12 May 2010, 15:53

Re: Guest stars

Was Graham on AbFab? I wouldn't have known who he was when I watched. Where was he?
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 12 May 2010, 16:04

Miranda Richardson,
Was she classed as a guest ?

' Bettina and Max clear clear clear !! ' I thought that she was a amazing, soo funny in the outtakes. :lolol: :lolol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 12 May 2010, 16:32

I wouldn't say so Becka. Miranda actually played the part of Bettina, whereas Elton John, Emma Bunton and Graham Norton all appeared as theselves. :wink:

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Was Graham on AbFab? I wouldn't have known who he was when I watched. Where was he?

He appeared in the Gay special, but only very briefly.

With Jennifer:

With Joanna:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 May 2010, 16:51

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Was Graham on AbFab? I wouldn't have known who he was when I watched. Where was he?

With Jennifer:

With Joanna:

Oh, I never did see Gay--I love Graham's expression as he looks as Joanna. :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 May 2010, 16:51

Mara wrote:

With Jennifer:

With Joanna:

Oh, I never did see Gay--I love Graham's expression as he looks as Joanna. :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 12 May 2010, 17:03

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, I never did see Gay--I love Graham's expression as he looks as Joanna. :lmao:

You have never watched Gay? You must, it's hilarious! (I could even upload it for you, if it hasn't been done already)

His facial expression is pretty hilarious indeed, but so is Joanna's. They don't talk, they just look at each other strangely. My guess is that Graham last saw her when she was still a man and that he, perhaps, even slept with her. :lolol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 May 2010, 17:40

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, I never did see Gay--I love Graham's expression as he looks as Joanna. :lmao:

You have never watched Gay? You must, it's hilarious! (I could even upload it for you, if it hasn't been done already)

His facial expression is pretty hilarious indeed, but so is Joanna's. They don't talk, they just look at each other strangely. My guess is that Graham last saw her when she was still a man and that he, perhaps, even slept with her. :lolol:

I should try and rent it somewhere--the library that I picked all the other early AbFab eps I watched on VHS didn't have it. I love Graham's face--it's a bit "Waaaiiiiitttt a minute." I love the idea that he was with her when she was a guy. Whoops! :lmao:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 May 2010, 18:03

And the funny thing is that Graham wasn't even planned as a guest star. He just happened to be at the New York Fashion Week so they included him in the episode :lmao:

I like your theory behind the way he looks at Patsy darling :lmao:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 12 May 2010, 18:30

Philippa wrote:I like your theory behind the way he looks at Patsy darling :lmao:

Thank you sweetie. I've put lots of thought and money into this show - can you tell? :whistle:

Graham wouldn't be the first gay lover Pats has had though: remember Elton John in series 5? He gets another of Patsy's funny looks when he says: ''I think I knew you when you were a man!" Touché! :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 12 May 2010, 18:39

Patsy: And I knew you when you had hair.
Elton: I've always had hair, you bitch!

:lmao:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 May 2010, 18:43

Philippa wrote:And the funny thing is that Graham wasn't even planned as a guest star. He just happened to be at the New York Fashion Week so they included him in the episode :lmao:

I like your theory behind the way he looks at Patsy darling :lmao:

That's so great! Graham--always there when you need him. :lol:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 13 May 2010, 12:21

Mara wrote:I wouldn't say so Becka. Miranda actually played the part of Bettina, whereas Elton John, Emma Bunton and Graham Norton all appeared as theselves. :wink:

Ok. :grin: :happy:
<<

Philippa

Post 13 May 2010, 12:26

Mara wrote:I wouldn't say so Becka. Miranda actually played the part of Bettina, whereas Elton John, Emma Bunton and Graham Norton all appeared as theselves. :wink:

Everyone who's not a regular cast member is a guest, so Miranda Richardson was very much a guest on AbFab.

<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 13 May 2010, 12:34

Ok thank you, it was just the first person who I thought of when Mara said guest's. :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 13 May 2010, 12:42

Philippa wrote:Everyone who's not a regular cast member is a guest, so Miranda Richardson was very much a guest on AbFab.

So, when's a cast member regular? Bettina appeared several times, whereas others only came on once.

Anyway, that's not the point of this topic. Did anyone else adore Twiggy in AbFab? She's such a great icon so I love how Jennifer took the mickey with the whole ''iconic model'' image. Speaking of fashion in AbFab, one of my favourite stars was Erin O'Connor. I think she's absolutely stunning - she's got such a unique face, but she played her part in Paris really well.
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 May 2010, 13:49

I loved Twiggy, Kristin Scott Thomas, Mariella and Whoopi!!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Philippa

Post 13 May 2010, 19:07

Mara wrote:
Philippa wrote:Everyone who's not a regular cast member is a guest, so Miranda Richardson was very much a guest on AbFab.

So, when's a cast member regular? Bettina appeared several times, whereas others only came on once.

Anyway, that's not the point of this topic. Did anyone else adore Twiggy in AbFab? She's such a great icon so I love how Jennifer took the mickey with the whole ''iconic model'' image. Speaking of fashion in AbFab, one of my favourite stars was Erin O'Connor. I think she's absolutely stunning - she's got such a unique face, but she played her part in Paris really well.

Miranda appeared only twice, and there was about 10 years between her 2 appearances. Even June Whitfield was credited as a guest star for quite a while.

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 13 May 2010, 19:08

Ah, Kristin Scott Thomas - I didn't even realised it was her who was playing Plum at first! (but hey - I didn't realise ''Beth the Woody'' was Ruby Wax either, haha) Great part!

Philippa wrote:Miranda appeared only twice, and there was about 10 years between her 2 appearances. Even June Whitfield was credited as a guest star for quite a while.

True. Alright, I give in. Don't shoot me! :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 13 May 2010, 19:18

Strictly speaking, a guest star is a one-off character/appearance. Anyone who pops up more than once but isn't credited as part of the regular cast is a "recurring character." I'd put Sarah and people like Katy Grin, Eddie's two ex-husbands, Mo, Patsy's sister Jackie, and Saffy's man all in that category. Guest stars are fleeting and don't have anything in the way of continuity.

That's my two cents. Withdrawing now. :whistle:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 14 May 2010, 12:05

I love all the special guest's. :lolol: :happy:
<<

Philippa

Post 14 May 2010, 17:23

I love Kristin Scott-Thomas and she's hilarious as Plum :lolol:

<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 14 May 2010, 17:43

^ Totally. It's funnier as she is so serious!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 May 2010, 17:47

Laura wrote:^ Totally. It's funnier as she is so serious!

The Book Clubbin' episode is not my favourite, but I have to say her part was well funny. :lol: ''I'm going to bring a salutation to the sun!"
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 14 May 2010, 18:59

Yep, strange episode. I liked the argument between Patsy and Saffy over Patsy's seat though! :lol:

Return to Absolutely Fabulous