Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Live Facebook chat with Joanna!

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 16 Jun 2012, 11:19

Live Facebook chat with Joanna!

Could this finally convince you to sign up to Facebook, Timeless?

https://www.facebook.com/events/329438833799048/

:dance:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Jun 2012, 12:41

Re: Live Facebook chat with Joanna!

So awesome :squee:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 16 Jun 2012, 13:14

Mara wrote:Could this finally convince you to sign up to Facebook, Timeless?

https://www.facebook.com/events/329438833799048/

:dance:

It might have, if she'd been asking general questions, not just about Schwopping. I don't think they're going to respond to my request for more TNA anecdotes. :lol:

It's neat that Joanna is doing a live webchat, though--that's a first for her as far as I know. Maybe if she likes it, she'll do it again? :thumb:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Jun 2012, 16:24

I have no idea what to ask when it comes to schwopping either - maybe if she tried it herself and if she actually ever bought something at an Oxfam store? They're pretty neat stores, a lot of stuff that hangs there has never even been worn.

Sadly, I'll be at work at the time of the chat, so I'll be able to listen in but not ask her a question myself I'm afraid. :doubt:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 16 Jun 2012, 21:57

Mara wrote:I have no idea what to ask when it comes to schwopping either - maybe if she tried it herself and if she actually ever bought something at an Oxfam store? They're pretty neat stores, a lot of stuff that hangs there has never even been worn.

Sadly, I'll be at work at the time of the chat, so I'll be able to listen in but not ask her a question myself I'm afraid. :doubt:

I can actually see Joanna being thrifty and adventurous enough to go digging for unique finds. She saves her clothes like crazy, so she's no stranger to recycling. That's a good question--someone (with Facebook) should post it. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Jun 2012, 18:25

I never did a chat on facebook before, I hope to have time to be there... but I would prefer a non-schwopping-chat, too, I've so much non-schwopping stuff to ask her! :lmao:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jun 2012, 07:04

Haha yes, a non-schwopping chat would be much more fun but I can see why M&S wouldn't want to pay for Avengers chit chat :lol: There's only so much you can ask about the campaign I think, but we'll see!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jun 2012, 13:30

Mara wrote:Haha yes, a non-schwopping chat would be much more fun but I can see why M&S wouldn't want to pay for Avengers chit chat :lol: There's only so much you can ask about the campaign I think, but we'll see!

If we ask her if she'd schwop her old TNA costumes, does that count? :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Jun 2012, 15:19

I watched the chat when I finally figured out that it wasn't just writing on Facebook, NOOOO, they had a real camera (I've never done this before, so does that count??). Anyway, I was disappoined that it was only 30 minutes long and that my question wasn't asked :cry: but Joanna looked great and was in great spirits, funny and even answered non-schwopping questions. Too bad that I had to watch it in the office and was distracted from time to time. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jun 2012, 18:18

LunaFive wrote:I watched the chat when I finally figured out that it wasn't just writing on Facebook, NOOOO, they had a real camera (I've never done this before, so does that count??). Anyway, I was disappoined that it was only 30 minutes long and that my question wasn't asked :cry: but Joanna looked great and was in great spirits, funny and even answered non-schwopping questions. Too bad that I had to watch it in the office and was distracted from time to time. :wink:

Oh, so it was a video chat, then? :unsure: I didn't know that. What kind of questions did people ask, and what did you ask? I'm sorry she didn't get to you. :hug:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Jun 2012, 18:48

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:I watched the chat when I finally figured out that it wasn't just writing on Facebook, NOOOO, they had a real camera (I've never done this before, so does that count??). Anyway, I was disappoined that it was only 30 minutes long and that my question wasn't asked :cry: but Joanna looked great and was in great spirits, funny and even answered non-schwopping questions. Too bad that I had to watch it in the office and was distracted from time to time. :wink:

Oh, so it was a video chat, then? :unsure: I didn't know that. What kind of questions did people ask, and what did you ask? I'm sorry she didn't get to you. :hug:

Well, yes, it was a video chat. They asked all kind of questions, like if she had schwopped a lot already or visited Oxfam to see what M&S is doing with the clothes, they asked if Patsy would have schwopped or if there is anything, Joanna would not schwopp (yes, a Jean Muir piece), they also asked about her new documentary (but I didn't get that fully because I was at work), they asked how she does it to look so good, if she would consider still doing some modelling (she said, she doesn't have the figure for that. Hello? But she mentioned that for every photo shoot it's like modelling). Well, those kind of questions where asked.
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Jun 2012, 20:03

Sadly I wasn't at home so I couldn't watch/participate either. I wonder if the video was recorded, because I would like to watch it still.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jun 2012, 20:36

Thanks for that Britta! I missed it as well (quite busy at work so I forgot) but I really hope they recorded the interview. I'll see if someone has already posted a request on their FB page, otherwise I shall do it myself.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 Jun 2012, 06:11

Mara wrote:Thanks for that Britta! I missed it as well (quite busy at work so I forgot) but I really hope they recorded the interview. I'll see if someone has already posted a request on their FB page, otherwise I shall do it myself.

Oh please do so, I would love to re-watch it. Since I was at work, I couldn't record it because the programme I usually use for that, doesn't work on my computer there. :crybaby:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 19 Jun 2012, 14:03

LunaFive wrote:Well, yes, it was a video chat. They asked all kind of questions, like if she had schwopped a lot already or visited Oxfam to see what M&S is doing with the clothes, they asked if Patsy would have schwopped or if there is anything, Joanna would not schwopp (yes, a Jean Muir piece), they also asked about her new documentary (but I didn't get that fully because I was at work), they asked how she does it to look so good, if she would consider still doing some modelling (she said, she doesn't have the figure for that. Hello? But she mentioned that for every photo shoot it's like modelling). Well, those kind of questions where asked.

Thanks, Britta! :hug: It'd be great if we could watch the video somewhere, I agree. You'd think they would post it, just for people who couldn't watch it. Fingers crossed it turns up. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 Jun 2012, 17:10

You're welcome!
I woudn't mind watching the video again either, especially since I was at work and couldn't get it all. Sometimes, work get's in your way, you know :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 19 Jun 2012, 18:18

LunaFive wrote:You're welcome!
I woudn't mind watching the video again either, especially since I was at work and couldn't get it all. Sometimes, work get's in your way, you know :lmao:

Darn work. People expecting you to be productive and stuff--what's the world coming to? We have fandom videos to watch! :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 19 Jun 2012, 19:04

Haha yes, leave me and my fandoms alone. So much stuff to catch up with! :whistle:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Jun 2012, 07:22

Well, we should make our fandom our jobs then :lmao: like becoming the new PA to Joanna, than we wouldn't have this kind of problems anymore :whistle:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Jun 2012, 07:45

Great news, the whole chat is online on YouTube!

Joanna on Schwopping
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Jun 2012, 10:36

Cheers Britta! :squee: Posting this on the Twitter page as well, if you don't mind.

There's something odd about her using the word 'Facebook' though :lolol:
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Jun 2012, 10:43

Yay! Thanks for the link Britta :grin:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Jun 2012, 11:02

Fifteen minutes into this interview now and I'm loving this. She keeps going off-track but with Joanna, you can never quite tell whether she's making up a really good story or if something has really happened to her. 10 pound meals at M&S, could you picture it? :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Jun 2012, 13:06

Mara wrote:Fifteen minutes into this interview now and I'm loving this. She keeps going off-track but with Joanna, you can never quite tell whether she's making up a really good story or if something has really happened to her. 10 pound meals at M&S, could you picture it? :lol:

Ha, no, I can't but I loved it when she said, my husband likes it better then her cooking :lmao:
No, I didn't mind that you put it on Twitter, too, that's why you have that account, to bring Lumleynews to the world, right? :wave:

Well, I got the impression that Joanna really IS into that thing and that she knows what she's talking about, I mean, what she said about how it works with Oxfam, that she visited it last week etc. She's not just giving back what the PR people from M&S might have given her as informations, too me it looks like she knows what she's talking about. :wub:

I would shwop here, too, if they would let me!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 20 Jun 2012, 14:00

LunaFive wrote:Great news, the whole chat is online on YouTube!

Joanna on Schwopping

Thanks, Britta! :hug: I shall watch this later, as part of my fandom duties. :grin: Why will nobody pay me for doin these things? :wink:
Next

Return to Joanna discussion