Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Login issues

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 28 Mar 2010, 19:58

Login issues

I'm not sure why, but the past week or so I've been having a few problems staying logged in. I can log in okay and everything, but for some reason the forum chooses to log me out again for no apparent reason. The really weird thing is that, even when it's logged me out, my userid still appears in the "who is online" section, so it's as if I've disconnected, but the system hasn't. I know that the forum logs everyone out eventually if you leave it too long, but I'm used to leaving myself logged in in the background and not being logged out again, but it kicks me out much sooner than I'm used to. I can still post and everything. I'm just wondering why it's doing that.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 28 Mar 2010, 20:08

Re: Login issues

I have been experiencing trouble with the forum as well lately, with a message appearing to log on again whilst I didn't log off. (and my ''remain logged on'' is switched on) I did get some admin message the other day, saying that we've been transported to another server again, so that might be the cause of the problem.

I have no clue what else this could be (or what I should do about it) but I'll get in touch with the server for you.

Edit: I can see it now. The forum tells me you're logged on, but when I look at the list of active members, your name doesn't appear. Very odd indeed.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 28 Mar 2010, 21:41

This has not happened to me, but a few months back it kept happening to Vicki as well. After a while the problems just disappeared again without any of us having changed anything. It's very odd, but I guess it's just freeforums playing up again.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 28 Mar 2010, 21:46

I've experienced this issue during the past week, again with no logical explanation why it is happening!! Let's hope it fixes itself!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 Mar 2010, 23:37

Thanks guys. The fact that it's happening to other people suggests an issue with the forum. I was just concerned because I've had so many issues with my computer in the past couple weeks, and was wondering if it was something on my end. Now that I know it's not just me, I think it's safe to say that the forum itself is experiencing problems, which will hopefully be rectified. Just good to know I'm not alone. :grin:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 29 Mar 2010, 13:48

It has seemed to do it too me in the past week or so too. :shock: :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Mar 2010, 19:32

It just happened to me again as well, I'm very sorry about this. I've spend a lot of time on updating the forum lately, so you can imagine I'm not very pleased to hear there are trouble with the server again. I am now trying to get the Twitter page as up-to-date as possible, which means I'm going through a great amount of articles and pictures to sort out.

I'll look in to this as soon as I've got some more time.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 30 Mar 2010, 00:24

Mara wrote:It just happened to me again as well, I'm very sorry about this. I've spend a lot of time on updating the forum lately, so you can imagine I'm not very pleased to hear there are trouble with the server again. I am now trying to get the Twitter page as up-to-date as possible, which means I'm going through a great amount of articles and pictures to sort out.

I'll look in to this as soon as I've got some more time.

That's all right. I think we can manage. My main concern was that it was something wrong with my computer in particular, because I've had so many problems lately, but it's not your fault if the server's gone weird. :hug:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:30

I'm no longer experiencing login issues, how about you Timeless?
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:38

Mara wrote:I'm no longer experiencing login issues, how about you Timeless?

Nope, that appeared to be transitory and went away after a bit. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:40

Phfew, I'm glad it sorted itself out!

I'm closing this topic then. :lock:

Return to Helpdesk