Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

More Members

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 06 Feb 2008, 11:58

More Members

i really hope we'll get more members soon to really get this forum going.
that's why i put the link to the forum on this website: http://www.allfansites.net/joanna-lumle ... tml?r=7406
and hopefully it'll attract more devoted joanna fans :D

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Philippa

Post 03 Mar 2008, 20:04

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

aussieturtle

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 03 Jun 2008, 04:03

I hope we can get more members soon too. Although I dont really know how to get them, so Im no help there. I could always try and get some patsy mad cross dressers for you at mardi gras next year. Then we can have a forum with a heap of patsy impersonators. :P Maybe not the best idea, but thats all I can really think of at the moment. Unless of course you put the link in the boards on Joanna's imdb page.... if you dont have an imdb account I can do it if you want.

Also phil - where has the media section gone? Is it something like the Jen forum where you need to have a certain amount of posts and be there for so long to be on the access list? If so, can I have access (im not sure ow many posts I have though.)
<<

Philippa

Post 03 Jun 2008, 07:59

aussieturtle wrote:I hope we can get more members soon too. Although I dont really know how to get them, so Im no help there. I could always try and get some patsy mad cross dressers for you at mardi gras next year. Then we can have a forum with a heap of patsy impersonators. :P Maybe not the best idea, but thats all I can really think of at the moment. Unless of course you put the link in the boards on Joanna's imdb page.... if you dont have an imdb account I can do it if you want.

Also phil - where has the media section gone? Is it something like the Jen forum where you need to have a certain amount of posts and be there for so long to be on the access list? If so, can I have access (im not sure ow many posts I have though.)

ahahaa nice one. hand out leaflets with the url on it on mardi gras :lol:
and yeah, i hid the media section, it's only for active members. but i saw your little spamming session just now, so you'll be in in no-time ;)

<<

Don'tQuestionMe

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 03 Jun 2008, 13:25

Maybe we could get Edina to do our PR? Though I guess that wouldn't help us at all.. Better stick to Bing, Bing & Bing ^^

However, facebook is a fab way to spam people with links.
- Emma! Look! I've got etheric beam locators!

- No, Doctor, I'm afraid those are actual breasts.

- Are you sure? I think I can see the 'on' switch.
<<

Philippa

Post 03 Jun 2008, 13:32

LOL, best not let edina monsoon know about this forum. i think it would only get worse :P

oh and this forum has already got a facebook group, but that didn't really work for some reason...

<<

Don'tQuestionMe

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 03 Jun 2008, 14:13

We should get Patsy Stone to send out links to all her 1000-2000 friends! yay!
- Emma! Look! I've got etheric beam locators!

- No, Doctor, I'm afraid those are actual breasts.

- Are you sure? I think I can see the 'on' switch.
<<

Philippa

Post 03 Jun 2008, 14:20

darling, you're so brilliant. i :heart: you!

<<

CurlyWurly

Target

Post 05 Jun 2008, 18:45

What about posting a link on her IMDB page :-

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0525921/miscsites

It's more permanent than posting on the forum.
<<

Philippa

Post 05 Jun 2008, 18:55

i already posted a link on her imdb page. i even tried to put a link on wikipedia, but it said that the link was on their black list. which i thought was very strange, because it was the fist time i ever tried to put the link up there...

<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 17 Jun 2008, 06:00

Yeah, what up with that shizz? :? :o Stupid Wikipedia .. Ugh, they're so wrong about so many things and then they blacklist sites that have never even been posted before! Geezzz .. Although maybe they block all sites that are made through servers like freeforums..hmm, it's hard to know for sure though.

Hmmm, I'm trying to think of even more ways we could advertise :idea: lol

Our forum still doesn't show up in Google search results, but I'll bet once it does we'll have TONS of new members.

Don't worry, we'll get there!:D
No Room For Secrets
<<

Philippa

Post 17 Jun 2008, 10:05

well i added the forum to google searches or whatever it's called, about 2 weeks ago. but they said it could take up to 2 months before the link would show up so we'll just have to be patient...

<<

V

Target

Post 24 Jun 2008, 11:59

43 members so far. That's not too bad. But only few who posts a lot. :(
<<

DiVicenzo

Post 03 Jul 2008, 10:45

Wikipedia

Philippa wrote:i already posted a link on her imdb page. i even tried to put a link on wikipedia, but it said that the link was on their black list. which i thought was very strange, because it was the fist time i ever tried to put the link up there...

Yes, I have had exactly the same with certain petition links I had put on there and my Diana Rigg Yahoo Group seems to have stayed there quite a while. But, it kept disappearing! How stupid! I must check gain though.
Barry
sic friat crustulum
<<

DiVicenzo

Post 03 Jul 2008, 10:47

Re: More Members

Philippa wrote:i really hope we'll get more members soon to really get this forum going.
that's why i put the link to the forum on this website: http://www.allfansites.net/joanna-lumle ... tml?r=7406
and hopefully it'll attract more devoted joanna fans :D

I will also advertise your forum on my Diana Rigg group and Avengers on Yahoo and let's see if that brings in anyone else :D
Barry
sic friat crustulum

Return to What's new