Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

New fan!

<<

joannafrenchfan

Target

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 11 Sep 2010, 17:47

New fan!

Hello, everyone!
So, as my username states, I am one of Joanna's French fans. I'm almost 19, and I live in the South of France.
I discovered Joanna only recently, back in April 2010, when she was interviewed on This Morning to talk about her documentary on the river Nile. I was intrigued by her and thought she was very elegant, but I sort of forgot about her. Then, over this summer, a friend of mine showed me Ab Fab, and I recognised Joanna immediately. I am now a big fan of hers. I have watched the first 2 parts of her documentary on the Nile, though I wasn't able to watch the third and final parts as the person who had uploaded them on YouTube deleted them (if anyone has them, feel free to send them to me :wink:). I managed to watch Catwoman, which I found fascinating. In The Land of The Northern Lights is on my laptop, but I still haven't got around to watching it.
I cannot wait to watch - and listen to - more of Joanna's works, and share my thoughts and comments with you on the forum ... I'm sure I'm going to have a great time around here, and hopefully I'll make some new friends along the way!
In the meantime, thank you for welcoming me, and I'll talk to you all very soon... :happy:
x
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 11 Sep 2010, 18:06

Re: New fan!

Bonjour!

How nice it is to have another French fan around, welcome! ^^ I hope you'll enjoy the forum.
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 11 Sep 2010, 18:51

Salut et bienvenue! :wave:
Chouette une autre grenouille sur le forum! :hearteyes:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 11 Sep 2010, 21:07

Hello and welcome !! :grin: :happy:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 11 Sep 2010, 21:24

Welcome! :wave: Joanna's done loads of things, so you have lots to discover. May I recommend The New Avengers, some of which was actually shot in France, and Class Act? :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 12 Sep 2010, 00:49

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Joanna's done loads of things, so you have lots to discover. May I recommend The New Avengers, some of which was actually shot in France, and Class Act? :grin:

May I complete that list by adding Absolutely Fabulous and Sensitive Skin to it? Coming to think of it, it's probably best to catch up with the whole of Joanna's career. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 12 Sep 2010, 02:31

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Joanna's done loads of things, so you have lots to discover. May I recommend The New Avengers, some of which was actually shot in France, and Class Act? :grin:

May I complete that list by adding Absolutely Fabulous and Sensitive Skin to it? Coming to think of it, it's probably best to catch up with the whole of Joanna's career. :lol:

No pressure, though. :lmao:
<<

joannafrenchfan

Target

Post 12 Sep 2010, 07:40

It took me some time to join the forum, but I'm glad I finally did :hyper:
I do have a lot to catch up on and it frightens me LOL First, I'm planning on watching the episodes of Ab Fab that I haven't seen. And then I'll probably watch anything that I can find online...
Thanks for the warm welcome! :hug:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Sep 2010, 13:25

Hello and welcome here! :happy:

As we are on recommendations here, I could recommend "Up in town", she's just brilliant in it, you'll love it. :wave:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 12 Sep 2010, 20:54

Hi there and welcome to the forum! So cool that you're a relatively new Joanna fan, so you've got lots of catching up to do. (Don't worry, it'll be fun!) Hope you'll enjoy yourself here :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Sep 2010, 19:01

Bonjour! Great to have another member, look forward to getting to know you! All the best, :happy:
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"

Return to Welcome