Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Newbie but an oldie

<<

de88ie

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 17 Jan 2010, 13:36

Newbie but an oldie

Hi everyone, over the moon that i found this forum. Been a Joanna fan since the Purdy days and have always admired everything about Joanna especially her style of fashion. I remember a long burgundy velvet coat she wore about 10 or more years ago and wished i had the nerve to wear the same sort of thing, always loved long flowing styles, always used to wear what i wanted when i was a teenager but then had my confidence knocked and have always been a jeans girl. Now i am a grandma and still a jeans older girl and started looking to smarten myself up a bit so was searching for clothes ideas from people i admire. Looked at older fashionable ladies and came across this forum when i realised that for years i have had Joanna's hairstyle without realising it and also have a lot of the styles she wears already in my wardrobe. The blazer style jackets, the same cut of jeans, the long sleeve t.shirts she uses for layering. Now i have the basics i just need to smarten them up with accessories and i can go for the long flowing scarves and all the other things i loved when i was younger. They were all timeless classics just wish i had kept them and had the confidence to wear what i wanted and not listened to criticism. The pictures on here are amazing and can i just say thankyou to everyone for this wonderful forum. Sorry it's a long post.
P.S. My son has just seen me looking at a picture of Joanna and asked ,isn't that you mum, he wasn't close enough to the laptop to see properly but was going on the hairstyle and black top. Oh made my day :hyper:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 17 Jan 2010, 14:00

Re: Newbie but an oldie

Hello!

Welcome to the forum! :wave: It's so nice to have another devoted Joanna fan here: if you have any questions, don't hestitate to ask.
<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 17 Jan 2010, 14:32

A very BIG welcome to you de88ie ! :wave:
<<

de88ie

Post 17 Jan 2010, 15:21

Thankyou. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the makeup JL prefers. I know she uses astral mousturiser but was wondering about any other information like which lipsticks, or even which makeup tricks she uses. Can anyone help please. Thankyou.
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 17 Jan 2010, 18:09

Heya, hope that you are ok. :happy: :hug: :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 17 Jan 2010, 18:24

de88ie wrote:Thankyou. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the makeup JL prefers. I know she uses astral mousturiser but was wondering about any other information like which lipsticks, or even which makeup tricks she uses.

The only thing I know is that she wears a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. :lol: She answered that for some questionnaire once: if you really want to know the specific name of it, I can look it up for you.

I have no clue what make-up she wears or whatsoever, but I always notice her heavily done eyelids, usually in some natural colour like beige. Same with the lipstick really: I hardly ever spot her with ''heavy'' colours like red, it's all really natural.

I suppose you'd be able to do most of it yourself too: just look really closely at a HQ pictures. I do that myself too, my current style - for example - is based on Keeley Hawes's character in Ashes To Ashes. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Jan 2010, 19:57

Hey welcome to the forum :wave:

To be honest I don't know what kind of make up Joanna prefers/uses, but like Maartje mentioned, there is this one perfume by YSL that she uses.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

de88ie

Post 17 Jan 2010, 23:15

Thankyou, i found the perfume mentioned Rive Gauche, but i am also finding nothing at all about makeup tricks, will just have to study the close up pictures that everyone else on here has so kindly posted. Thankyou again.x
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Jan 2010, 23:17

Oh yes, Rive Gauche, that's the one!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 18 Jan 2010, 05:36

Hello! Nothing to add on the make-up front, but welcome all the same. :wave:
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 20 Jan 2010, 09:11