Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Parting Shots (1999)

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 11:40

Parting Shots (1999)

An Avengers reunion with Joanna, Diana Rigg and Gareth Hunt all in one film. Joanna as a strange hippy with orange clothes and blue nailpolish makes this film even more bizarre than it already was :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:27

Re: Parting Shots (1999)

She shares the screen with Gareth for the only time post-TNA, and for only a few seconds, during which they barely interact. And yet, the way Gareth leans on the bar and looks at her while she talks to him is the spitting image of the way they interacted in TNA. I think it's sweet. ^^ Old habits die hard, don't they?
<<

Philippa

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:44

She's mainly looking at her nails and plainly ignoring him. One of the funniest bits of the film though :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:51

Philippa wrote:She's mainly looking at her nails and plainly ignoring him. One of the funniest bits of the film though :lol:

There's a moment when she does look at him and you can see a spark, though. I always feel that when they're in the same room they're this close to bursting out laughing. Probably were right before this was shot. :lol:

Gareth's dearest wish was to do another series with Joanna, he loved working with her so much. This was the closest he ever got, alas. :cry:
<<

Philippa

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:52

It's a shame. Their chemistry was amazing, so it's most definitely a missed opportunity :no:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:54

How come I never watched this? I think I downloaded the movie though I guess I didn't have the patience to watch the whole movie. I really ought to though, Jo and Gareth moments that were shot outside Pinewood studios are rare!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Dec 2010, 15:59

Philippa wrote:It's a shame. Their chemistry was amazing, so it's most definitely a missed opportunity :no:

That's what Gareth said--they sparked so well and loved doing things together so much he wanted to repeat the experience. Such a shame it never happened. :no:

Maartje wrote:How come I never watched this? I think I downloaded the movie though I guess I didn't have the patience to watch the whole movie. I really ought to though, Jo and Gareth moments that were shot outside Pinewood studios are rare!

I'll admit I skipped through it and only watched the Gareth/Diana/Joanna parts. It went quicker and was lots of fun. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 31 Dec 2010, 16:02

I was brave enough to watch the whole thing. The film sucked though :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Dec 2010, 16:10

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I'll admit I skipped through it and only watched the Gareth/Diana/Joanna parts. It went quicker and was lots of fun. :lol:

Oh good, I won't have to feel guilty then. :lol: I'll give the Jo/Gareth/Diana scenes a go then!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Dec 2010, 20:46

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I'll admit I skipped through it and only watched the Gareth/Diana/Joanna parts. It went quicker and was lots of fun. :lol:

Oh good, I won't have to feel guilty then. :lol: I'll give the Jo/Gareth/Diana scenes a go then!

Then it's more like an Avengers clip show than a proper movie. Not like that's a bad thing. :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 22:00

Hm, I never heard of that... do we have it in the download section, it sounds most interesting from what you all described. I'm soooo behind right now, it's a shame (on me)
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Post 31 Dec 2010, 22:42

I think I put it in the download section at some point, but in very poor quality. I no longer have the file myself.

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Jan 2011, 13:02

Unfortunately, the link is dead by now :crybaby:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Post 01 Jan 2011, 13:03

Maybe somebody else has still got it? I lost it when my harddrive crashed.

Return to Other