Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Sensitive Skin appreciation

<<

DiVicenzo

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 13 Sep 2008, 14:02

Sensitive Skin appreciation

I just bought and watched the whole first series of 'Sensitive Skin'; with Joanna. It was fantastic! I must buy series 2 now!
I don't even remember this being advertised or shown on TV.
Same with 'Class Act' which is superb too!
Anyone else seen these and like them?
Barry
sic friat crustulum
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Sep 2008, 15:58

Yes I've seen all the episodes and absolutely loved them :D
Only I'm gonna move this thread, since there's a whole section of the forum dedicated to sensitive skin.
Next time please check if threads/sections already exist for certain topics ;)
Thanks

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

DiVicenzo

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 13 Sep 2008, 16:02

Philippa wrote:Yes I've seen all the episodes and absolutely loved them :D
Only I'm gonna move this thread, since there's a whole section of the forum dedicated to sensitive skin.
Next time please check if threads/sections already exist for certain topics ;)
Thanks

Sorry! I checked twice before I posted and thought it strange that there wasn't a section! Must have been yet another senior moment :shock:
Barry
sic friat crustulum
<<

Philippa

Post 13 Sep 2008, 16:10

^ahaha that's alright!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 25 Jun 2009, 21:32

Re: Sensitive Skin appreciation

I'm watching the second series on DVD at the moment, and it just keeps getting better and better the more you watch it. I obviously love Joanna in this, but her ''co-stars'' are also really good. I've seen Maggie Steed (Veronica, Davina's sister) in French and Saunders productions along with Joanna (Jam and Jerusalem, Titanic parody) and I must say I think she's a great actress, and they work together really well. I also really liked Orlando (James Lance, I believe?) a lot too - these characters are without doubt as important to the show as Davina herself is.

You can't help but pitying her, as she is very wrongly understood most of times by the people around her. I love Davina, she's one of the best characters Joanna has ever played.
<<

Philippa

Post 25 Jun 2009, 22:13

I really need to invest in the 2nd series soon. I'm in desperate need of a rewatch, and now that my harddrive's crashed, I need it even more :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 05 Jul 2009, 11:19

I'm desperate to get this section more active, as I've still got the feeling I still haven't figured the series quite out, especially the characters.

For instance, the relationship between Davina and Veronica gets rather complicated, although it might not seem so. I think it's all based on jealousy: Veronica envies her sister because she's (according to her own saying) the one with the better looks, and the one who gets the attention, even from Roger. (who wants to ''runs his fingers up and down his wife's sister'', haha) Only later on I realised she is also very jealous, because her sister did what she never dared to: cheat on her husband. She seems to think that Davina's life is perfect: good looking, attention getting, free... What she doesn't seem to get is that Davina is actually a widow, not quite knowing what to do with her life and regretting many things.

It's interesting how one can tell her character by the very few things she says. Credits for Joanna's acting here: her body language and expressions make so much clear.
<<

Philippa

Post 06 Jul 2009, 13:30

Yes yes this section needs more activity! Mark my words, I am buying series 2 sometime this week! I'm in desperate need of a re-watch :grin:

<<

M-J;;W

Donkey

Post 08 Jul 2009, 18:10

Maartje wrote:I'm desperate to get this section more active, as I've still got the feeling I still haven't figured the series quite out, especially the characters.

For instance, the relationship between Davina and Veronica gets rather complicated, although it might not seem so. I think it's all based on jealousy: Veronica envies her sister because she's (according to her own saying) the one with the better looks, and the one who gets the attention, even from Roger. (who wants to ''runs his fingers up and down his wife's sister'', haha) Only later on I realised she is also very jealous, because her sister did what she never dared to: cheat on her husband. She seems to think that Davina's life is perfect: good looking, attention getting, free... What she doesn't seem to get is that Davina is actually a widow, not quite knowing what to do with her life and regretting many things.

It's interesting how one can tell her character by the very few things she says. Credits for Joanna's acting here: her body language and expressions make so much clear.

Ahh but remember Veronica DID have an affair, with that laywer dude :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 08 Jul 2009, 19:37

Yes she did, but that was later on, in the 2nd series. She's jealous of Davina's affair in series 1.

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 08 Jul 2009, 20:44

M-J;;W wrote:Ahh but remember Veronica DID have an affair, with that laywer dude :wink:

She did, and I think that partly explains why she was so jealous. Remember the hospital scene, in which Davina comes to visit her mum with her new lover, and Veronica and Roger happen to be there at that same moment as well? She completely loses her temper for once, and almost forces to make her sister confess that she actually did have an affair in front of Roger. It seems to me that he couldn't care less though, not even when Veronica actually even runs off with him in the end, because he actually has always fancied Davina. (that's why he probably always humiliated Al...)

Haha, I've put a lot of efford in thinking about this series. :lol:
<<

M-J;;W

Donkey

Post 09 Jul 2009, 15:05

Philippa wrote:Yes she did, but that was later on, in the 2nd series. She's jealous of Davina's affair in series 1.

Ah right, for some reason i thought it was before Davina had the affair just the way Veronica and the laywer guy were talkin to each other seemed liked it happened ages ago :lol:
Think i need to re-watch :tongue:

She did, and I think that partly explains why she was so jealous. Remember the hospital scene, in which Davina comes to visit her mum with her new lover, and Veronica and Roger happen to be there at that same moment as well? She completely loses her temper for once, and almost forces to make her sister confess that she actually did have an affair in front of Roger. It seems to me that he couldn't care less though, not even when Veronica actually even runs off with him in the end, because he actually has always fancied Davina. (that's why he probably always humiliated Al...)

Haha, I've put a lot of efford in thinking about this series.

I love that hosptial scence their poor mum just lying their while they argue :tongue: Roger really doesnt care lol like you said he would rather have Davina than Veronica anyday :lol:
<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 09 Jul 2009, 16:31

I bought series 2 earlier today ! :hyper:
I know what I'm gonna watch later on ! :lol:
The set has a nice front cover ...
<<

Philippa

Post 09 Jul 2009, 16:51

Great timing! I've just ordered my copy of series 2 online :hyper:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 10 Jul 2009, 14:10

Congrats! Have fun watching!
<<

Philippa

Post 10 Jul 2009, 14:33

I just received an email that my dvd has been shipped, so hopefully it'll be here in about 2-3 days :grin:

Return to Sensitive Skin