Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

What would happen in series 3?

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 23 May 2009, 10:41

What would happen in series 3?

We all know that there won't be a 3rd series (sadly). But that doesn't mean we can't speculate about what could've happened, or what we would've liked to see in a 3rd series :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 23 May 2009, 10:46

Re: What would happen in series 3 *just for fun*

Oh, nice idea, but I do need to think about it first. :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 23 May 2009, 10:50

Yeah I'll have to think about it too, but this idea for a topic popped into my head just now. A bit of speculation is always fun in my opinion :d

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Philippa

Post 16 Jun 2009, 16:29

So I was thinking, in the last episode of series 2, Davina meets the "other Al". Will he be in her life? Or would that be a little strange? I would consider it a possibility.
And her colleague at the art gallery (I always forget his name :blush: ), she really seems to like him and he likes her, so perhaps she'll get together with him.

As for Orlando, for some reason I can picture him adopting an African baby or something :lol: Now that could cause hilarious scenarios!

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 16 Jun 2009, 16:41

Hm, I'm not sure, I find her son, Orlando, more the kind of guy for an ''accident baby'' to be honest. I could picture Davina as a good granny (like Joanna herself, actually) but I think Al would have some difficulties at first!

I actually at first sort of assumed Davina and her colleague (dunno his name either...) sort of dated after the break-up, but they turned out to be good friends. I don't think they're quite the right people for a relationship, but another ''mistake'' she could definitely have made with him.
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Feb 2010, 23:15

I'd like to think that she ends up with the gallery guy, and perhaps becomes an artist herself? I loved the differences between S1 and S2- particularly the use of sets and colors.
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Georgia

Donkey

Post 09 Mar 2010, 19:38

Yeah, I like Sam also. Having them in a relationship...working in that particular kind of gallery...could have made a fun storyline. The thing about Davina is that I really wanted to see her in love with someone. I would have liked a series that would have explored that. If they hadn't written Anthony Head's character in such a negative way, I would have been really excited to see him return to her life.

I think Orlando would have reverted back to his old self. The last episode gave the impression that he was in a good place and was getting his life together but in a new series it would have been very easy to write him having his same old struggles. I think his new marriage to Cheryl could have made for some great storylines as well.

I would really have loved to see how Veronica's relationship with her old lover would have turned out. Maggie Steed did such a great job in SS. It would have been great to see what would happen to her next.

Roger had totally won me over by the end of the second series. It would have been great to see what would happen with him, though I can't think of any ideas about where they could have taken his character.

Return to Sensitive Skin