Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Slow Forum et al.

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:16

Slow Forum et al.

Anyone else been finding the forum slow/unresponsive in the last few days? It takes awhile to load and such, and I'm getting a lot of "server overcapacity" messages and occasionally have to refresh two or three times before pages load. When I post sometimes it doesn't go through, or if it does, I get an error message. Clearly I can still post, but it's been really acting up the last little while. Just me, or are others wrestling with the board lately?
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:22

Re: Slow Forum et al.

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Anyone else been finding the forum slow/unresponsive in the last few days? It takes awhile to load and such, and I'm getting a lot of "server overcapacity" messages and occasionally have to refresh two or three times before pages load.

Yes, it's been the same for me. It might be due to the fact that our forum is more busy than it used to be at certain times of the day, but I'm afraid there's not much we can do about it. Perhaps the server is working on its settings again, so I'll check out their helpdesk if they've published anything about this.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:41

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Anyone else been finding the forum slow/unresponsive in the last few days? It takes awhile to load and such, and I'm getting a lot of "server overcapacity" messages and occasionally have to refresh two or three times before pages load.

Yes, it's been the same for me. It might be due to the fact that our forum is more busy than it used to be at certain times of the day, but I'm afraid there's not much we can do about it. Perhaps the server is working on its settings again, so I'll check out their helpdesk if they've published anything about this.

Yeah, it's weird. Right at the moment the forum is just smoking, everything processing really quickly. I don't think we've got that much more traffic, so I tend to think that the server's doing something weird. Just thought I'd ask as I never know if it's my computer playing up or something else.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:46

Maybe we didn't get that much more traffic, but I think it might have something to do with people being online around the same times, probably on other forums as well. I don't think it's your computer though, I've been experiencing trouble too.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:55

Mara wrote:Maybe we didn't get that much more traffic, but I think it might have something to do with people being online around the same times, probably on other forums as well. I don't think it's your computer though, I've been experiencing trouble too.

Yeah, it might, although there have always been three or four of us around at certain times. I guess the best thing to do is wait on it and see if it sorts itself out like some other problems we've had.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Apr 2010, 18:57

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I guess the best thing to do is wait on it and see if it sorts itself out like some other problems we've had.

You're probably right. This is why I really want to move the forum to another host, but that would mean we'd have to back up everything, get a domain, get ourselves a new server... It all costs money, lots of money. :shock:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Apr 2010, 19:12

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I guess the best thing to do is wait on it and see if it sorts itself out like some other problems we've had.

You're probably right. This is why I really want to move the forum to another host, but that would mean we'd have to back up everything, get a domain, get ourselves a new server... It all costs money, lots of money. :shock:

Yeah, and who feels like it, right? And you've put so much lovely work into it that seems a shame. Anyway, I'm good for now. I was just checking to make sure it wasn't just me. :hug:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Apr 2010, 21:49

I've been experiencing the same things as well- relieved that it wasn't just me or my PC!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Apr 2010, 23:10

Apparently freeforums is performing maintenance over the next couple of weeks to get rid of these 'server over capacity' messages etc for good. I know it's annoying for now, but let's hope the end result is worth it!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Apr 2010, 23:58

Philippa wrote:Apparently freeforums is performing maintenance over the next couple of weeks to get rid of these 'server over capacity' messages etc for good. I know it's annoying for now, but let's hope the end result is worth it!

Oh, that's good to hear! Nice to know that it's something they're doing to fix it and not just stuff breaking down. ^^
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 19 Apr 2010, 10:48

Ok, thank you for saying. :hug: :happy:

Return to Helpdesk