Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Favourite assignment

Your favourite assignment:

Assignment 1
20%
Assignment 2
60%
Assignment 3
No votes
Assignment 4
20%
Assignment 5
No votes
Assignment 6
No votes

Total votes : 5
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Jun 2010, 17:51

Re: Favourite assignment

I went with #2, which is proving to be the most popular among us voters so far. It's a very strong plot, and although it runs a bit long like you said Timeless, I think it's definitely still my favourite. #5 is great too, but I have to agree that it's the odd one out. #3 is just embarrasing, definitely my least favourite one. #1 and #4 are both great, good storylines etc and well thought through, and #6 just misses out because of its ending.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 12 Jun 2010, 18:03

Philippa wrote:I went with #2, which is proving to be the most popular among us voters so far. It's a very strong plot, and although it runs a bit long like you said Timeless, I think it's definitely still my favourite. #5 is great too, but I have to agree that it's the odd one out. #3 is just embarrasing, definitely my least favourite one. #1 and #4 are both great, good storylines etc and well thought through, and #6 just misses out because of its ending.

It's a very hard, very close choice. I could have chosen three or four of them as "favourite." The only one that really fell down was #3. Two is definitely a good one--I would have put either it or #5 next. Then maybe 4 or 6. #6 is just hurt by its ending--you can feel the story is unfinished, and it ruins the effect. But it's a testament to the series that it's so hard to pick a favourite--there was such a level standard, it's hard to pick a stand-out. :yes:
<<

Kim

Post 12 Jun 2010, 18:11

I went with two as well only because we weren't allowed to pick more then one favorite. :happy:
It was a tough choice.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 Jun 2010, 18:19

Yeah, you need a few options. Maybe a ranking?

What about Assignment 6.5, "Carbon Copy"? :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 12 Jun 2010, 20:20

Kim wrote:I went with two as well only because we weren't allowed to pick more then one favorite. :happy:
It was a tough choice.

Sorry for that - those are the general forum settings for polls so I can't do much about that I'm afraid. :wink: Still, this way you can really see which is the best loved assignment though.
<<

Kim

Post 13 Jun 2010, 04:17

Mara wrote:
Kim wrote:I went with two as well only because we weren't allowed to pick more then one favorite. :happy:
It was a tough choice.

Sorry for that - those are the general forum settings for polls so I can't do much about that I'm afraid. :wink: Still, this way you can really see which is the best loved assignment though.

It's all right. I suppose I'll live through it. :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 13 Jun 2010, 12:51

Kim wrote:It's all right. I suppose I'll live through it. :lmao:

Pfew. I'd already started feeling guitly... :lol:
<<

Khell

Sweetie Darling

Post 16 Jun 2010, 16:49

Hard one for me to pick, too. I chose 4 - cos I like how Sapphire reminds me of Purdey in that one *gg* AND I like Sapphire and Steel getting stuck in that photo.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Jun 2010, 19:04

Khell wrote:Hard one for me to pick, too. I chose 4 - cos I like how Sapphire reminds me of Purdey in that one *gg* AND I like Sapphire and Steel getting stuck in that photo.

Her outfit is very Purdeyesque, isn't it? Part of me wishes they'd had Gareth on for one Assignment, as another element--he could stare eerily too after all. What could he have been? Jet? Yes, let's have him as Jet. :wink:
<<

Khell

Sweetie Darling

Post 18 Jun 2010, 11:25

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Khell wrote:Hard one for me to pick, too. I chose 4 - cos I like how Sapphire reminds me of Purdey in that one *gg* AND I like Sapphire and Steel getting stuck in that photo.

Her outfit is very Purdeyesque, isn't it? Part of me wishes they'd had Gareth on for one Assignment, as another element--he could stare eerily too after all. What could he have been? Jet? Yes, let's have him as Jet. :wink:

Well, as far as fan-theories go, the gems are all female and the metals male. I always had the impression, too, that Jet was female and that Steel worked with her before he partnered up with Sapphire. (Wasn't there a line where, in Assignment 1, Lead said something like "Jet sends her love" to Steel?)

So - Gambit as Mercury maybe? ;)
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jun 2010, 16:00

Oi girls... You two really are unbelievable, aren't you? You manage to turn every discussion into something TNA related... it's a talent! :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jun 2010, 18:04

Khell wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Well, as far as fan-theories go, the gems are all female and the metals male. I always had the impression, too, that Jet was female and that Steel worked with her before he partnered up with Sapphire. (Wasn't there a line where, in Assignment 1, Lead said something like "Jet sends her love" to Steel?)

So - Gambit as Mercury maybe? ;)

I don't know--I'd have to see the episode again, but I'll take your word for it. You've clearly spent more time thinking on this than I have. :lmao: Yes, Gareth could do Mercury. That would have been brilliant--Steel thought Silver was competition. He wouldn't have stood a chance against the Lumley/Hunt chemistry. :brows:

Mara wrote:Oi girls... You two really are unbelievable, aren't you? You manage to turn every discussion into something TNA related... it's a talent! :lol:

Yep. :grin: Our brains run on circuits, and they have favourite fandom stops. I can probably relate pretty much anything to the Avengers, LoM, or Canada. Yes, it's a talent. But hey, TNA's a classic--can't have too many references to it, can you? :whistle:
Previous

Return to Sapphire & Steel