Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Popups trying to get though?

<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 18 Aug 2010, 20:39

Popups trying to get though?

Am I alone or is anyone else having a problem with pop-ups trying to access their computer on Absolutely Joanna Lumley?

Everytime time I log on and each page I access my pc has to block pop-ups. Anyone else? I don't want to see what the pop-up is.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 18 Aug 2010, 20:43

Re: Popups trying to get though?

Avengerdan wrote:Everytime time I log on and each page I access my pc has to block pop-ups. Anyone else? I don't want to see what the pop-up is.

That could perhaps be an unread personal message. The forum sends you a notification automatically until you either read it or change your profile settings. If that's not the case, it might be your browser playing up.
<<

george123

Donkey

Post 18 Aug 2010, 21:26

Avengerdan wrote:Am I alone or is anyone else having a problem with pop-ups trying to access their computer on Absolutely Joanna Lumley?

Everytime time I log on and each page I access my pc has to block pop-ups. Anyone else? I don't want to see what the pop-up is.

I had that earlier, yes. It said something about "site traffic" & my computer said that whatever it was wanted to access my computer & gave me the option of allow or disallow. Obviously I didnt allow. It wasnt a personal message though. Strange. Not happening now thankfully.
Georgina.

<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 18 Aug 2010, 21:30

It's not because of an unread message.
A pop-up is really trying to load an applet.
I think it's the same shit they're talking about here
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A ... a0e7&hl=en
I stopped it activating adblock plus on firefox. :wink:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Aug 2010, 21:31

george123 wrote:I had that earlier, yes. It said something about "site traffic" & my computer said that whatever it was wanted to access my computer & gave me the option of allow or disallow. Obviously I didnt allow. It wasnt a personal message though. Strange. Not happening now thankfully.

I have no idea what that could be, but indeed I would advise to not give any unknown program access to your computer. Perhaps try to visit the forum with a different browser? (Chrome blocks these kinds of things for me)

If it continues, I shall get in touch with you with the server to ask them what this is about.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Aug 2010, 22:00

Oh that's very odd. Perhaps it's to do with your browser letting it through (I don't know which one you use?)
I'm using Safari browser at the moment and I've not had any problems with pop-ups.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 19 Aug 2010, 11:14

Philippa wrote:I'm using Safari browser at the moment and I've not had any problems with pop-ups.
Me too !! :happy:

Return to Helpdesk